Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

katastrofa

Re: Charlottesville

August 28th, 2017, 12:23 am

He praised UPA. The Nazis were rookies compared to them.

ppauper

August 28th, 2017, 7:23 am

He praised UPA. The Nazis were rookies compared to them.
either way, he's mccain's buddy.

ppauper

August 31st, 2017, 9:10 am

some leading democrats have joined president trump in condemning the far-left antifa as instigators of violence,

Nancy Pelosi, house minority leader,
“Our democracy has no room for inciting violence or endangering the public, no matter the ideology of those who commit such acts. The violent actions of people calling themselves antifa in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and prosecuted.”
“In California, as across all of our great nation, we have deep reverence for the constitutional right to peaceful dissent and free speech. Non-violence is fundamental to that right. Let us use this sad event to reaffirm that we must never fight hate with hate, and to remember the values of peace, openness and justice that represent the best of America.”
That echoes the sentiments expressed by president trump and many other, including me

Berkeley Mayor Jesse Arreguin, a Democrat,
“I think we should classify them as a gang. They come dressed in uniforms. They have weapons, almost like a militia and I think we need to think about that in terms of our law enforcement approach.
“I think we are going to have to think ‘big picture’ about what is the strategy for how we are going to deal with these violent elements on the left as well [as the right].”
They are correct, just as president trump was correct.

ppauper

September 2nd, 2017, 7:01 am

this weekend's Patriot Prayer event in San Francisco has been cancelled out of fears that participants would be brutally attacked by far-left thugs.
Patriot Prayer founder Joey Gibson is mixed race
he's half-japanese
another of the "white supremacists" is samoan

Cuchulainn

September 2nd, 2017, 11:18 am

Rule 101 "Violence breeds violence" 
get it?

list1

September 2nd, 2017, 12:38 pm

get it?
But first it comes an idea, which is usually interpreted as a 'good', or 'democratic', or 'anti terroristic'. 
In US it was dismantled monument or sculpture. In the East these were presidents, and in Ukraine was a developing democracy. As expected or unexpected outcome is what we can observe in the world. 
For the last say 50 years the world and the rules beginning from 101 have been changed though the Rulers or style of their  thinking probably not.

Paul

September 2nd, 2017, 12:49 pm

I think list1 has found the perfect forum at last!

ppauper

September 2nd, 2017, 1:13 pm

get it?
your point would be that if antifa rioters arned with clubs and battering rams attack demonstrators, it shouldn't come as a surprise if one of the demonstrators retaliates by driving a car at the clubbers.
antifa started the violence by attacking the other side.
get it?
antifa is a violent leftist movement that uses violence to silence those with whom they disagree. It takes its inspiration (the movement uses the term "northstar") from events in 1930s Europe, in particular the Battle of Cable Lane.
3,000 British fascists were marching through what was at the time a jewish neighborhood of London and they were violently attacked by 20,000 armed leftists.

bearish
Topic Author

September 2nd, 2017, 10:49 pm

For clarity, you side with the British fascist in this scenario? That is certainly what it sounds like, but I could be wrong.

Cuchulainn

September 2nd, 2017, 11:01 pm

For clarity, you side with the British fascist in this scenario? That is certainly what it sounds like, but I could be wrong.
ppauper has recently started to quote Ezra Pound. You can see the trend.

Cuchulainn

September 2nd, 2017, 11:19 pm

I think list1 has found the perfect forum at last!
OK. what's he's talking about? I can live w/o (in)definite articles, but still. My Russian is too rusty.

ppauper

September 3rd, 2017, 6:21 am

I side with their right to speak but not with the opinions they express.
I'll requote justice alito from a recent unanimous supreme court decision,
Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express “the thought that we hate.”
And, again for clarity, in this scenario, you side with those who physically attack and try to kill those with whom they disagree?  That is certainly what it sounds like, but I could be wrong.
"By any means necessary"
You seem to be under the misapprehension that one side must be right and the other side wrong. In that scenario, both sides are wrong.

ppauper

September 3rd, 2017, 11:03 pm

ppauper

September 4th, 2017, 6:24 am

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

ppauper

September 14th, 2017, 4:32 pm