All Hail, Terra Wilmottia!
I have been enjoying some time off, but as several people have "politely" inquired, I assure you that I am fine and greatly enjoying the change of seasons, with the first snowstorm today.
To dispel a few myths and rumors:
1) I have not been involved in any hit and run car accidents.
2) Nor have I cultivated an addiction to the poppy. ;)
3) I did not buy a stable full of young dressage horses in Wellington, Florida.
4) i am not stranded (or homeless!) in Fairfield County. (Did you see the news that Wells Fargo is now requiring 25% down
for a house in Greenwich. Wow.)
5) I am not programing the next generation of robots to hunt hogs, do your finance homework, or solve any other varieties of life's little problems...
6) I am not in a weird zoo, kept by Paul and including other exotic flora and fauna, on or off the forum.
What is happening:
I am preparing for winter here, there, and everywhere, including helping my sister with her horses and the old barn, and also volunteering for an elderly friend of the family. She is 99, still lives in her own house and is wry and clever. But clearly she is not going to shovel her own driveway or go to the store in the snow.
On the colorful side, when time permits, here are a few examples of current holiday projects:
Knitting some scarves and a few small blankets/throws:
If you are curious, the yarns are cashmere, mohair, and alpaca. I tend to double knit, using mohair for color and texture, and one of the other yarns for elasticity.
And finally, lest you think this is all too much virtue signaling (Paul is very quick to spot it...)
Yesterday I happened to stop by a local winery, thinking to pick up one bottle for the upcoming Pilgrim holiday, and to my delight, they were having a wine tasting.
So, instead of 1 bottle, I sampled several and chose these: from Left to right, a Malbec (truly delicious any time), a Peach and a Plum (dessert wines), and the Holiday Cranberry Apple Spice - not cloyingly sweet, but tart too and very nice with turkey, tofu-turkey, or robot-harvested wild hog. (just kidding about the hog). RIP.
I will be going back on furlough now, but Happy Holidays to all of you.
Try to be good, and if you can't be good, then have as much fun as possible being bad. The Gods are watching and they will enjoy the show.
And to that end, don't forget : Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - December 2, 2018 NYC