SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Nonius
Topic Author

Why I Love and Hate France

October 3rd, 2003, 10:40 am

This space will be reserved for a pending essay on...well...you know...exactly.Basically, I philosophically agree with Chirac. Fuk the U.S. Let's have a world in which the U.S. has to compete for attention, money, power, and influence with several other viable foes. Of course, the second most powerful foe would be the Franco-centric Euro world in which money doesn't mean squat compared with extended-feather dignity and (wink-wink) highly developed mores. The outline, not presented in order of importance, of the pending drivel will be as follows:1. Why France has a Latin-centric inferiority complex vis-a-vis the northern, Protestant, capitalism-orientated alliance.2. The allegories of Monte Python's Holy Grail ("I'll blow a fart in your general direction") with the unbalanced Anglophone hatred for the French.3. France is like a misunderstood Wilmott board member.4. French taxi drivers don't care about money, and other oddities....or, "It is a privilege to start a business in France".5. Ok, so I can drink at 7AM and nobody will care, but, really.....6. Why won't this biatch go to bed with me? She think her sheah don't stink or what?7. Fat content in French food and the conundrum of the archetypically lithe French body.8. The Germans are their real enemy, they know this, the Germans know this, BUT, why, in the name of GOD, don't the British know this?9. Let me precise you a question, let's take a decision, and other peculiarities of the French language.10. We saved your ass in WWII, and other bagatelles that piss the living Fois Gras out of them.Now, having given an elliptical outline of the pending essay, I must say that I am too tired to fill in the details. Would you mind contributing?

ngoudard

October 3rd, 2003, 10:53 am

two days ago you were on the 'Fuk french' modeso that makes two of us swinging within Love/Hate Ball-anger bands with La Fraaaance
Last edited by ngoudard on October 2nd, 2003, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nonius
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2003, 10:56 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ngoudardtwo days ago you were on 'Fuk french' modeI share the same love/hate bias with La Fraaaaanceso will contribute to the best of my Absolut-turbo-nuked/hang in there/hang over- synapses staminayou are obviously a fuking frog, ain't ya?

ngoudard

October 3rd, 2003, 11:04 am

half French - half MarseillanI re-edited the previous post. Is that cheating?

Nonius
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2003, 11:06 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ngoudardhalf French - half MarseillanI re-edited the previous post. Is that cheating?Well, I won't hold that against you just yet....but lemme ask you this.....I am the sorry owner of an apartment in Marseilles...yes, I am that lame....I know what it is like there....what was it like growing up in the Beirut of Europe?

reza

October 3rd, 2003, 11:08 am

Nonius, elle t'emmerde la France !

Rouletabille2

October 3rd, 2003, 11:09 am

I've got this book at home. I could lend it to you, Nonius, if you promise not to stain it with coka cola.

ngoudard

no kidding/ whereabout? you might have perfectly timed the real-estate market there
Last edited by ngoudard on October 2nd, 2003, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nonius
Topic Author

QuoteOriginally posted by: rezaNonius, elle t'emmerde la France ! Reza, my French ain't no good...does that mean France shits on you?

reza

October 3rd, 2003, 11:10 am

Cateauneuf du Pape

Rouletabille2

October 3rd, 2003, 11:12 am

Despite diplomatic divergences, France and USA love each other, mainly because USA is a former french colony.Tu es un peu francais, Marc...

Nonius
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2003, 11:13 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Rouletabille2I've got this book at home. I could lend it to you, Nonius, if you promise not to stain it with coka cola.I won't. I may piss on it if that is ok with you.

Nonius
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2003, 11:14 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ngoudardno kidding/ whereabout? you might have perfectly timed the real-estate market therewhy did you do thiscome on. talk to me. you be all rightnot in Marseilles, Port-de-Bouc....a real shit hole...sort of the Bakersfield of France.

Nonius
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2003, 11:16 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Rouletabille2Despite diplomatic divergences, France and USA love each other, mainly because USA is a former french colony.Tu es un peu francais, Marc...Look, dude, I love France...you wouldn't understand this now, maybe you once understood this, but, I can drink at 7AM here...beer and croissant for breakfast...and, nobody cares.

Nonius
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2003, 11:17 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: NoniusQuoteOriginally posted by: Rouletabille2Despite diplomatic divergences, France and USA love each other, mainly because USA is a former french colony.Tu es un peu francais, Marc...Look, dude, I love France...you wouldn't understand this now, maybe you once understood this, but, I can drink at 7AM here...beer and croissant for breakfast...and, nobody cares.also, the only reason why I can sheah on the rest of the world is because France...hehehehe...helped us beat those faggot brits in the 18th century.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On