SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
Collector
Topic Author
Posts: 3837
Joined: August 21st, 2001, 12:37 pm

asymmetric brownian motion

June 13th, 2018, 4:39 am

some papers claim asymmetric (anisotropic) brownian motion

Macroscopic anisotropic Brownian motion is related to the directional movement of a “Universe field”

"which is believed to be completely random and obeys the Gaussian distribution [9-]11]. Therefore, it can be assumed that the macroscopic diffusion regime of a group of particles such as a very small amount of colloid solution suspended in a liquid should theoretically be isotropic (symmetric) in a relatively long-term diffusion process when the influence of gravity is neglected, which means that the particles of this colloid solution should diffuse equally in every direction in two dimensions because of the concentration gradient effect (steady-state diffusion, Fick’s first law) and Brownian motion. Here, an experimental method was designed to observe the macroscopic diffusion regime of a toluidine blue colloid solution in water in a relatively long-term process (40 min) at different time points of the earth’s spin and revolution. Unexpectedly, an anisotropic (asymmetric) diffusion regime that presented circadian and seasonal changes was identified"

also commented on here

way to detect solar systems motion against æther?

I played around with some toluidine blue colloid myself, beautiful brownian motion. This substance quite cool.

To test out if 24 hour cycle (+365 day  cycle) one need very well leveled table I think. I did not have that and got same asymmetry every time (just some for fun AGBM watching), due to this I think, and be aware of how the blue colloid drops are dropped.

key words, skewness.

and nice to watch brownian motion live, real, not just some man made prices jumping around on the screen ;-)

when playing with this blue brownian motion fluid use glows, it will go stright through your skin and into the cells, and the brownian motion will continue inside your body parts, it is not like stock prices that are trapped inside your screen and not jumping out at you! 
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: asymmetric brownian motion

June 14th, 2018, 12:54 am

Interesting! I wonder if different colloidal substance would show greater or lesser asymmetry. Might a more or less polar solvent affect the results? Might the particular elements or particular isotopes of the colloidal substance affect the results?
 
User avatar
Collector
Topic Author
Posts: 3837
Joined: August 21st, 2001, 12:37 pm

Re: asymmetric brownian motion

June 14th, 2018, 8:55 am

Traden4Alpha wrote:
Interesting! I wonder if different colloidal substance would show greater or lesser asymmetry.  Might a more or less polar solvent affect the results?  Might the particular elements or particular isotopes of the colloidal substance affect the results?

I tried a handful off colloidal at my shelf while waiting on the toluidine blue (ordered it from USA, Norway sellers took about 600% margin or so, not so unusual). They disperse so fast in water,  less than the blink of an eye, so then hard to watch their entropy dance without "expensive" equipment, well a fast camera not so expensive. The beauty of toluidine blue is its slow entropy! 

Nothing is like the toluidine blue's entropy dance! Slow, elegant and beautiful!
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: asymmetric brownian motion

June 14th, 2018, 6:06 pm

Collector wrote:
Traden4Alpha wrote:
Interesting! I wonder if different colloidal substance would show greater or lesser asymmetry.  Might a more or less polar solvent affect the results?  Might the particular elements or particular isotopes of the colloidal substance affect the results?

I tried a handful off colloidal at my shelf while waiting on the toluidine blue (ordered it from USA, Norway sellers took about 600% margin or so, not so unusual). They disperse so fast in water,  less than the blink of an eye, so then hard to watch their entropy dance without "expensive" equipment, well a fast camera not so expensive. The beauty of toluidine blue is its slow entropy! 

Nothing is like the toluidine blue's entropy dance! Slow, elegant and beautiful!
Is that slow diffusion due to particle size?

The internets seem reticent on the topic of exactly what's in toluidine blue colloid. The toluidine blue dye seems obvious enough but what is the colloidal substance?
 
User avatar
Collector
Topic Author
Posts: 3837
Joined: August 21st, 2001, 12:37 pm

Re: asymmetric brownian motion

June 14th, 2018, 8:32 pm

Traden4Alpha wrote:
Collector wrote:
Traden4Alpha wrote:
Interesting! I wonder if different colloidal substance would show greater or lesser asymmetry.  Might a more or less polar solvent affect the results?  Might the particular elements or particular isotopes of the colloidal substance affect the results?

I tried a handful off colloidal at my shelf while waiting on the toluidine blue (ordered it from USA, Norway sellers took about 600% margin or so, not so unusual). They disperse so fast in water,  less than the blink of an eye, so then hard to watch their entropy dance without "expensive" equipment, well a fast camera not so expensive. The beauty of toluidine blue is its slow entropy! 

Nothing is like the toluidine blue's entropy dance! Slow, elegant and beautiful!

Is that slow diffusion due to particle size?

The internets seem reticent on the topic of exactly what's in toluidine blue colloid.  The toluidine blue dye seems obvious enough but what is the colloidal substance?

I am not sure what the colloidal substance is, or if it even is "colloidal"?  but this stuff is also good to tattoo chromosomes, for example with your favorite equations, or staining the DNA as some call it.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...