SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

katastrofa

Re: For the Women of Wilmott - The Ladies Room 2

September 23rd, 2018, 11:58 pm

Lights, camera, action!

Paul Wilmott enters the lounge with his status symbol on display [close-up on a plastic Waitrose bag he carries]. He sits in the armchair and takes out from the bag the smallest ukulele in the world. He starts playing his new song "Just for Lib-Dems".

A crowd of young women swarms at the door, they are all beautiful models with their bodies covered in mathematical formulas. You can hear someone mutter from the inside of their circle: "Planck length to the speed of light equals... I need more women to write!"

Sudden noise of breaking back door [long close-up on the models, blower on the hair: terrified faces with perfect make-ups, wide eyes, sightly opened mouths, waving hair and pulsing breasts - also covered in formulas; Paul's ukulele and the male voice among the models continue without interruption]. Cuchulainn enters the lounge from the neighbouring room, shaking pieces of wood and concrete from his clothes. He yields the most lethal weapon in the Universe in his hand, a C++ bat.

Noises in the courtyard. Everyone looks through the window at two men shouting and throwing something at each other. A piece of sticky brown substance accidentally lands on the glass. Cuchulainn sniffs the air and frowns: "alpaca's". He looks to the left through the window at a bunch of minions spreading a long red carpet for the arrival of the star of the night, Trackstar. They are AI devs trying to predict Trackstar's path. Cuchlainn shakes his head in resignation...

TBC

Oh, and I stay in the kitchen (I'm camera shy) and prepare vegan food for everyone (I have a few cans of gourmet cat food if Paul starts to cry).

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 12:07 am

LOL! An auspicious beginning.

I don't recall if you have ever seen or posted to the Black Swan White Page Screenplay thread.  That was a lot of fun a few years ago.

I am getting deep into Monday morning prep work and a football game soon, but will call that thread up if I have time.

Remember mysterious rose and herb bath salts should figure in somewhere in a low key way.  Perhaps to soothe everyone's jangled nerves and set the stage for trance dancing to quant-techno under the twinkling stars... 

Enjoy your evening!

Here it is!  

I have no idea what kind of foolishness is on here (and no time to review!), so will just let the Swan fly. :D  

Laughter is good medicine, in any case!

The Black Swan and the White Page: A Collaborative Screenplay

Edit: Corrected link/title to Black Swan.
Last edited by trackstar on September 24th, 2018, 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

katastrofa

September 24th, 2018, 12:24 am

How about Collector washing his models in the herbal bath to make some space for new calculations. In the meantime Paul walks around the house calling "Magda! Maa-gdaa! The window needs cleaning!" [writing in the corner of the screen: "March 2019, post-Brexit England"].

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 4:29 am

I think there is a way of being creative and free-spirited without crossing a certain line...

We don't always get it right in the OT, but perhaps we should try a little harder. 

Now a workweek, so speaking for myself, anyway, it is time to take off the kilt, put on the suit, and get serious for awhile. 

(I was at the Highland Games this weekend.  And if you will now jump all over the fact that there were strong men, wearing kilts, tossing big hammers and telephone poles around, that is fine.  There were and it was cool.)  

ISayMoo

September 24th, 2018, 7:00 am

I don't think Kata crossed any lines here.

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 8:08 am

Roses are red, and 
violets are blue
If you 502 me,
I'll 504 you.

Gateways can be so naughty sometimes!

Have a nice morning.

katastrofa

September 24th, 2018, 8:11 am

See, Trackstar, guys are on my side :-P :-D

Ok, Collector on paternity leave washing babies he has with the models. Their nappies all covered in mathematical formulas. He mutters: "The mass-energy equivalence gives... I need more babies to write!"

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 8:18 am

Last edited by trackstar on September 24th, 2018, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ISayMoo

September 24th, 2018, 9:20 am

?

katastrofa

September 24th, 2018, 10:09 am

I have the opposite problem: i need such light-weight distractions, but I can mute my account until Friday if it helps you.

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 11:35 am

I have the opposite problem: i need such light-weight distractions, but I can mute my account until Friday if it helps you.
Not a problem and perhaps was just a hypothesis.

I posted as above just after midnight your time and then got 502 and 504 gateway errors for awhile before access resumed after midnight my time.

It used to happen here fairly often, but hasn’t for a long time so I thought hmmmm.

But could also have been a coincidence and nothing to do with this thread or our interaction.

No big deal anyway; let’s just get back to a bit of work and a bit of fun.

The cyber Universe is strange sometimes but if we live in it we have to roll with that. ;)

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 8:23 pm

All is well today. So back to music and I think we can acknowledge the existence of odd coincidences from time to time.

Also, you may note the picture of violets below (or above, depending on how you view the threads). So that is an olive branch.

Cuchulainn

September 24th, 2018, 8:45 pm

?
Hey! Call a fair game or I'll slap you right in the kisser! 

Cuchulainn

September 24th, 2018, 8:50 pm

Of course, the original stage production was with my friend exotiq

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30970&p=833082&hil ... rs#p833082

Michael Caine as Paul
Colin Farrell as DCFC
Alec Baldwin as Marsden
Russel Crowe as N (with Jodi Foster playing the younger N in drag)
Chris Tucker as TraderJoe
Sean Connery as ppauper
Walter Matthau as mdubuque
Lucy Liu as quantstudent19
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 24th, 2018, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 8:51 pm

With nuclear weapons inspections, there is a diplomatic principle of "Trust but Verify."

I'd say in this type of situation never mind the Trust and since it's hard to Verify for sure, then you simply Notify.  ;)

And by these means, the Post-Cold War diplomacy continues...
Last edited by trackstar on September 24th, 2018, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On