SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

katastrofa

Re: For the Women of Wilmott - The Ladies Room 2

September 24th, 2018, 8:52 pm

I think there was some miscommunication. I just offered that I would stop posting in the forum not to distract you since, as I understood, you had to focus on some work. If there's any beef, silent days are not my speciality, which ISayMoo can confirm :-) Everything needs to be fixed on the spot, or I'm paralysed by stress. Some girl at work once told me that every time she disagreed on something with her fiancé, she gave him as few silent days and he always backed down. This suggest that my weak character is not sex-specific. AFAIR, the guy was a little bit of a crazy cat-person though. Which type are you, assuming one can generalise?
The violets are stunning though. There are whole lawns on them in the forest where I grew up. And even more anemones. And yellow marsh marigolds in the grass fields through which the rivers flow.

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Did not want you to have to go silent, as this is a very nice saloon and tea house, especially for those who work alone at home, perhaps like the two of us.

And appreciated your offer on that, as it indicated solidarity on the work front.

I am a "solve it and move on" kind of person.  I don't have days and energy to burn on giving some man the silent treatment, even though it may be a very effective tactic.

This is me in my ideal state: running fast and free. no bit, no reins, no rider...  :)

katastrofa

September 24th, 2018, 9:30 pm

I'm insecure and needy.

And always cold.

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 9:43 pm

Those dogs are very cute.  Make sure you have some warm winter clothes in your closet.  I have been buying blankets lately - just some small soft plaid throws to have around the house in my various favorite chairs and work areas.

In terms of temperament, there are some ironies with me.  As an example: I work to be peaceful, but actually have a pretty hot temper. 

My sister does too, but she lets it rip a lot faster than I do.  :D

ISayMoo

September 24th, 2018, 10:07 pm

Why am I being threatened with physical violence? I thought WF was a safe space for snowflakes like moi.

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 10:13 pm

Why am I being threatened with physical violence? I thought WF was a safe space for snowflakes like moi.
No one is threatening you, or even thinking about you right now.
We are discussing personalities, the cold weather, and cute animals in THE LADIES ROOM.
I think the men's room is on the other side of the building...

katastrofa

September 24th, 2018, 10:34 pm

I indeed find the hot temper hard to fit in between all the shawls, blankets and lone hikes into the mountains :-) I'm the opposite and I suspect I attract people like you - like a red rag a bull. You'd probably try to kill me at some point...

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Not at all on the "red rag."  Live and let live....

I suppose something that is interesting to me is a person with an even hotter temper than mine (or more easily expressed, e.g. a shorter trigger.)

But that could become World War III all the time unless there was considerable intelligence, shared priorities, and self-restraint. 

My sister is definitely in that hotter category and my father was generally very calm and controlled, but he had a strong rebellious streak that we both inherited from and admired in him.

For the time being, I direct the heat towards work and art and long hikes in the wilderness.  That works out very well for me.  

katastrofa

September 24th, 2018, 11:03 pm

I suspect our brusque and impatient Cuchulainn might be more hot-tempered than you. The two of you seem to get along pretty well though.

trackstar
Topic Author

September 24th, 2018, 11:16 pm

The virtual world is a place that gives distortions and I would not extrapolate from any personalities that one might perceive here as being the real thing. (Not pointing at Cuchulainn as an example, but in broad brush strokes...) You said the other day that I reminded you of Oedipal Maas and Jordan Baker; again interesting but simply shows how "trackstar" comes across (to you).

Then to the real world: just as I would never go on to eHarmony, match.com, or Tinder to find someone to spend time with, I'd also be very careful about Meetups, Forums, and other places where the main mode of interaction was centered on cyberspace.

Where I go rowing, there are people that I have seen for many years now; I still may not know much if anything about their lives, unless we talk regularly.  But I can see and sense what they are like.  

Rowers convert temper and passion for the sport into speed and grace on the water. It is a kind of knowledge we all share and appreciate.

katastrofa

September 25th, 2018, 12:03 am

Grazer (Tinder's vegan version) isn't bad. It's like dating a vegan recipe book.

trackstar
Topic Author

September 25th, 2018, 1:50 am

Grazer (Tinder's vegan version) isn't bad. It's like dating a vegan recipe book.
Here's an idea for a dating site: 
Chupacabra
Tag line: No games, no stress; just be who you are.
Logo:

And now I have to set up my new laptop. So inconvenient not to be able to pay bills, do banking, or buy anything online today.  ;)

The good news is - you can have a great new Mac for about $1,500. 

Cuchulainn

September 25th, 2018, 7:49 am

The quote is from a James Cagney movie (1938). I thought we could use it for the upcoming Wilmott blockbuster,

Next time you roll a guy for his poke, make sure he don't know your hideout.  It's as dead as a door nail around here. 

Cuchulainn

September 25th, 2018, 8:36 am

I suspect our brusque and impatient Cuchulainn might be more hot-tempered than you. The two of you seem to get along pretty well though.
Nah, we argue all the time. We're on our best behaviour here.

Cuchulainn

September 27th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Want to dance?
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On