SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

tw

Re: Need Help: Vegetarian Recipes

June 5th, 2019, 5:06 pm

So this is what drives the stock market.
Fear and greed.   Same for all markets.
It must be a very stressful job.
Dunno. I have nothing to equities.
I am just bored at home at the moment.

katastrofa

June 5th, 2019, 7:46 pm

Read a book, water the paving stones in your "garden", hug your wife, have a vegan burger, ... do something interesting, enriching, humanising, ... before your vacation is over!

katastrofa

June 6th, 2019, 7:48 pm

I got in JIT :-)
better JIT than J2L!

I had to minimise BYND regret so chucked out some 85 puts on the close, which expiry on Friday.
Nickels are so much sweeter in the shadow of the bulldozer. (but $2 seemed fairly chunky). 
Beyond Meat Option Buyer Makes Big Bet Ahead Of Earnings
"The trader first made two identical large purchases of call options at a $110 strike price that expire on Friday. The 1,980 call options were purchased at the ask price of $2.40 and represent a $475,200 bullish bet at a break-even price of $112.40. The options only turn a profit if Beyond Meat shares finish Friday's session about 12.8 percent higher than where they were trading at around noon on Thursday.
About two minutes later, likely the same trader bought another 503 Beyond Meat call options expiring on Friday. This time, the trader bought the $95-strike contracts at the ask price of $8.922. The second trade represented an additional $447,844 bullish bet.
Together, the three bullish trades represent an aggregate $923,084 bet that only pays off if Beyond Meat shares see a big post-earnings surge on Friday."

They expanded to meet the demand from supermarkets and signed deals with some big food chains last year, so one can expect a riveting report. Given that the market experts are sceptical about BYND's future and most traders are pig-heads, I'm betting that the report should outgrow the expectations.

tw

June 7th, 2019, 6:21 am

I got in JIT :-)
better JIT than J2L!

I had to minimise BYND regret so chucked out some 85 puts on the close, which expiry on Friday.
Nickels are so much sweeter in the shadow of the bulldozer. (but $2 seemed fairly chunky). 
Beyond Meat Option Buyer Makes Big Bet Ahead Of Earnings
"The trader first made two identical large purchases of call options at a $110 strike price that expire on Friday. The 1,980 call options were purchased at the ask price of $2.40 and represent a $475,200 bullish bet at a break-even price of $112.40. The options only turn a profit if Beyond Meat shares finish Friday's session about 12.8 percent higher than where they were trading at around noon on Thursday.
About two minutes later, likely the same trader bought another 503 Beyond Meat call options expiring on Friday. This time, the trader bought the $95-strike contracts at the ask price of $8.922. The second trade represented an additional $447,844 bullish bet.
Together, the three bullish trades represent an aggregate $923,084 bet that only pays off if Beyond Meat shares see a big post-earnings surge on Friday."

They expanded to meet the demand from supermarkets and signed deals with some big food chains last year, so one can expect a riveting report. Given that the market experts are sceptical about BYND's future and most traders are pig-heads, I'm betting that the report should outgrow the expectations.
Yeah it looks like they made their estimates.  
The IV should come closer to sane levels but  by seemingly 100% analyst consensus the stock is aggressively  overpriced so they can only come off so far
Plenty of opportunity yet!

But people seeming to be buying their product to some degree at least. 
The days of the western world slavishly eating circular pieces of dead cow are numbered perhaps!  :)  

katastrofa

June 7th, 2019, 12:30 pm

I personally doubt it will ever happen - people are too mindless and greedy. I wonder when the fear will lead them when the whole methane blows up in our faces. Anyway, it's probably too late to stop the global heating, so bet on and tuck in what you like ;-)

katastrofa

June 9th, 2019, 7:46 pm

tw

June 9th, 2019, 9:14 pm

bearish

June 9th, 2019, 9:39 pm

Nice list. My local Korean grocer usually has very large king oyster mushrooms for a reasonable price, so I may well try #1 (although I may substitute something else for the mint). The mushroom paella also looks intriguing. On account of a special on fresh coconut from our grocery delivery people, I am planning to make something along these lines in the coming week: Raw Vegan Thai Coconut Soup. You should be proud of me!

For clarity - that was meant as a reply to Kata's mushroom post.

katastrofa

June 10th, 2019, 10:49 pm

Fantastic! Proud of you and happy for the tasters! :-)
Raw veggies are a vitamin bomb - for healthy bones, teeth and mind! Not to mention home-made meals give extra powers for fighting monsters + perk "Daddy's girls!" in this case, to put it in the language of computer games :-)

katastrofa

June 13th, 2019, 12:19 am

Diet vs risk of hemorrhagic stroke in women
“The main takeaway message should be to encourage the intake of legumes, nuts, vegetable fats, oils, and other foods from plant sources while the intake of animal fats, and particularly red and processed meat, should be discouraged,”

bearish

June 13th, 2019, 1:48 am

Fantastic! Proud of you and happy for the tasters! :-)
Raw veggies are a vitamin bomb - for healthy bones, teeth and mind! Not to mention home-made meals give extra powers for fighting monsters + perk "Daddy's girls!" in this case, to put it in the language of computer games :-)
So, after a slight work-related delay, I did actually make the soup tonight. Hacking through the coconut shell was more work than advertised, but I made it. I personally enjoyed the result, as did one of the other victims (tasters), but another one indicated that it was too much like chimichurri, i.e. more of a sauce than a soup. As it happened, that was Daddy's girl... 

bearish

June 13th, 2019, 1:54 am

Diet vs risk of hemorrhagic stroke in women
“The main takeaway message should be to encourage the intake of legumes, nuts, vegetable fats, oils, and other foods from plant sources while the intake of animal fats, and particularly red and processed meat, should be discouraged,”
They say that, but there is also this statement dangling in the report: "Surprisingly, red meat-heavy diets appeared to lower cholesterol levels more than fish diets."
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On