SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

katastrofa

Re: Need Help: Vegetarian Recipes

August 6th, 2019, 2:11 pm

I would think that any notion of those thighs being fat would indeed reflect a warped perspective. As the saying goes, those legs go all the way up!
You are like those bacteria added to cement. They wake up at the smallest crack and produce calcite crystals to gussy everything up. That's how you're making my self-esteem concrete solid. Thank you <3
(I hope you don't find being compared to a prokaryote offensive - I couldn't find any better way to express it.)

bearish

August 6th, 2019, 8:40 pm

Aww - that’s sweet! I have been compared (unfavorably) to worse than a helpful bacterium. Including, I suspect, by you.

katastrofa

August 6th, 2019, 10:34 pm

I have simple brain biology - either strong emotions or indifference. Its another feature is short memory - I can't remember what I called you and why, but I do apologise.

BTW, I don't know what is your real name and what you look like, but I imagine a cross of young Kirk Douglas and Peter O'Toole from Lawrence of Arabia. This is what I got from an online face morphing tool (hard to find young O'Toole photo en face):

bearish

August 6th, 2019, 11:32 pm

This may be the OT, but let's hurry back to a vegetarian recipe that I may actually cook tomorrow:  Polenta with mushroom ragu.

katastrofa

August 7th, 2019, 12:03 am

You could try replacing cornflour with healthier chestnut flower for polenta. But any version of this deliciously looking dish will cement your family love! (Now I'm imagining you as Sporosarcina pasteurii stirring polenta in a tiny saucepan.)

katastrofa

August 7th, 2019, 11:10 pm

Another Nail in the Coffin for Fish Oil Supplements
More people than ever take fish oil dietary supplements—around 8% of US adults in 2012 compared with around 5% five years earlier, according to the National Center for Health Statistics. But a recent meta-analysis of 10 large clinical trials came to a disappointing conclusion: The popular capsules do little to protect patients with heart disease.
I'm no expert, but my grandma (a biologist) taught me how our organism struggles to lead us alive through the labyrinth of tangled uncharted hormonal, neural and enzymatic paths alive, poetically speaking (as I always do when I have little idea of what I'm talking about). She didn't approve of any artificial supplements as something that could only add to the struggle. Eat fruits and veggies.

katastrofa

August 19th, 2019, 7:01 pm

Courgetti som tam salad
Light and delicious (raw = vitamins)

katastrofa

August 24th, 2019, 8:14 pm

If you want to have meat and not eat it: The Ultimate Guide to Vegan Meats and Meat Substitutes

katastrofa

September 6th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Vegan lasagne for a family dinner. I'm gonna need a bigger bowl...
Attachments
1A7EB2E0-80DC-474F-93AC-ED3B297A19C4.jpeg

trackstar

September 8th, 2019, 11:17 pm

That lasagna looks great.  I am making ratatouille this evening - the eggplant in particular is perfect.

Also, I think I have posted this book before, but inspired by the peach cheesecake I saw on another thread, this book is good on its own, or as adapted to vegan requirements. America's Test Kitchen has done lots of experiments and offers good ideas for substitutions.
cobblers.JPG

katastrofa

September 9th, 2019, 10:12 pm

If you like eggplants, I've just seen this: Vegan Eggplant Rollatini

I took the lasagna recipe from this blog, but added a big roasted onion and eggplant to the filling, and doubled the amounts of everything as usual! :-) I like to thinly slice veggies for lasana on a slicer, because the whole sets nicely (we like it soft and overcooked here).

I have to get such a book to learn making desserts like the French! :-) I got some raw recipe book from a raw vegan restaurant in Norway. They look quite rough. I will try some of them out tomorrow on my family (I'm sure they will kick me out on the street), and post them if they are worth it.

bearish

September 9th, 2019, 11:02 pm

I'm about to blister some shishito peppers. The Russian roulette of peppers, or so they say: Pepper scale.

katastrofa

September 9th, 2019, 11:13 pm

ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On