Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

katastrofa

Re: Need Help: Vegetarian Recipes

August 12th, 2020, 10:27 pm

http://www.viktoriastable.com/cold-cucumber-yogurt-soup/
Nothing can beat the heatwave like the good old cold cucumber soup / a.k.a. tzatziki, tarator, jajeek, ...
I used vegan yoghurt, obviously, and no oil (I think I'm allergic to most fats). Bulgarians lie - it's a Persian cuisine!

katastrofa

September 1st, 2020, 8:51 pm

katastrofa

September 2nd, 2020, 10:03 pm

I don't know the taste of a hot dog, but carrot dogs according to that recipe are delicious!

katastrofa

September 21st, 2020, 3:51 pm

I sold BYND a couple of days ago, at its peak, and suggested everyone in my vegan power (to whom I previously suggested to invest in BYND) to follow suit. One thing is it was overvalued (for a while), another thing is that Asian producers are growing fast and may soon push it out of the market with cheaper versions of its products.
Bon appetite.

katastrofa

December 2nd, 2020, 10:29 pm

Vegansk eplekake

bearish

December 3rd, 2020, 12:25 am

Looks good!

Gratis penger til alle, femten timers arbeidsuke og en verden uten grenser?

katastrofa

December 7th, 2020, 3:41 am

Looks good!

Gratis penger til alle, femten timers arbeidsuke og en verden uten grenser?
The book was recommended by Zygmunt Bauman. I searched for his interviews having been reminded about him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG63MkQb1r4
He explains the phenomenon of Trump.

I'm not sure if his "liquid fear" is such a new concept. My déformation professionnelle (modelling uncertainties) makes me see this motif everywhere: Shakespeare's Hamlet in hesitation or Julius Ceasar in denial, Death of a Salesman, war novels, the twisted Crónica de una muerte anunciada, ... The same old boring world, only the names of books and philosophers change.

BTW, yesterday my vegan Delfiakake tragedy had its happy ending in a brownie.

bearish

December 8th, 2020, 8:43 pm

I had forgotten about that, but my father’s mother (‘farmor’) used to make a non-vegan version of Delfiakake at this time of year. I think that came in addition to the traditional seven kinds of Christmas cookies, and was kind of like the aspic of cakes. Not surprisingly, she mastered the aspic too, which required an unhealthy amount of remoulade and white bread (‘loff’, which Norwegians would not refer to as bread) to get down.

katastrofa

December 9th, 2020, 12:30 am

Aspic looks pretty much like Холодець - a renown traditional Ukrainian cuisine! ;-) Devotely prepared by both my far- and mormor, with meat and fish+veggies, respectively. Eaten with vinegar - yickes! I remember staring at the jellies in terror and there was no force on Earth to make me to eat them (which meant breaking the tradition of tasting all 12 dishes).
Another shared tradition is ice baths - but unlike Vikings, we do this for epiphany (the ice hole is cut in the shape of a cross):

You could find Delfiakake on the list of traditional Ukrainian and Polish sweets only in a find-the-odd-one puzzle. I tasted it once or twice when I was very little - they were popular in times of the economic crisis (perhaps the ingredients were among the few provided products).

Det morsomme med norsk supermarket brod er at det er nummerert, fra 1 til 9 eller noe, i rekkefølge etter økende kvalitet. Jeg liker 4 best :-)

trackstar

December 9th, 2020, 12:50 am

Aspic looks pretty much like Холодець - a renown traditional Ukrainian cuisine! ;-) Devotely prepared by both my far- and mormor, with meat and fish+veggies, respectively. Eaten with vinegar - yickes! I remember staring at the jellies in terror and there was no force on Earth to make me to eat them (which meant breaking the tradition of tasting all 12 dishes).
Another shared tradition is ice baths - but unlike Vikings, we do this for epiphany (the ice hole is cut in the shape of a cross):

You could find Delfiakake on the list of traditional Ukrainian and Polish sweets only in a find-the-odd-one puzzle. I tasted it once or twice when I was very little - they were popular in times of the economic crisis (perhaps the ingredients were among the few provided products).

Det morsomme med norsk supermarket brod er at det er nummerert, fra 1 til 9 eller noe, i rekkefølge etter økende kvalitet. Jeg liker 4 best :-)
That looks bracing!

For leptoq's benefit, as this picture will drive him wild : D - looks like it was taken in January 2018 and is on a Ukrainian TV website:

Here's the URL - not sure who the model is, but go get 'em boys!

https://novy.tv/wp-content/uploads/site ... 01/126.jpg

katastrofa

December 9th, 2020, 1:30 am

Just go there any year in the season. I would say it's Ukrainian average (I lowered it, that's why they kicked me out).

trackstar

December 9th, 2020, 1:38 am

Just go there any year in the season. I would say it's Ukrainian average (I lowered it, that's why they kicked me out).
Ha ha - don't say that - I actually did think that was you. : )

And in our best forms, we can both boil oceans in any case. The question is what to do with such talent? Ah choices, choices...

This did make me laugh though because it reminded me of the days when I used to put up pictures of Elle McPherson (as if)...  Hehe.

It was very good mischief, but I haven't done that here for a long time. I started playing computer chess more in my spare time and got kind of wrapped up in that instead. 

bearish

December 9th, 2020, 1:42 am

That looks bracing!

For leptoq's benefit, as this picture will drive him wild : D - looks like it was taken in January 2018 and is on a Ukrainian TV website:

Here's the URL - not sure who the model is, but go get 'em boys!

https://novy.tv/wp-content/uploads/site ... 01/126.jpg

You like totally ruined this for me!

trackstar

December 9th, 2020, 1:49 am

We are just having fun!

It's almost the Solstice.
We pretty much survived 2020 (knock on wood, fingers crossed, etc.).
The Forum is still up and running. Hooray - thank you, Paul and admin.
My chess rating is the highest it has ever been. Not bragging, just remarking on another kind of journey.
Life is good!

Let's see what 2021 brings.

bearish

December 9th, 2020, 2:05 am

I know. I get it. As well as the Elle Macpherson reference. Meanwhile, I was taking advantage of a Whole Foods $12.99 special on black cod, which has nothing to do with regular Atlantic cod, but can be quite magical once subject to Nobu Matsuhisa’s miso marinade and cooking over high heat. I also made an entirely vegan dish of zucchini and scallions, adorned with teriyaki and sesame seeds. As well as some sushi rice. A full evening!