Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

katastrofa

Re: Need Help: Vegetarian Recipes

April 29th, 2019, 4:23 pm

Wash yourself de-liberate-ly
Last edited by katastrofa on April 29th, 2019, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

April 29th, 2019, 5:01 pm

katastrofa

May 1st, 2019, 8:44 pm

10 out of 10 points for this fennel and broccoli quiche from ISayMoo (I made it for him for his birthday wish): https://www.veganfoodandliving.com/vega ... li-quiche/
(I didn't use the "vegan cheese")

katastrofa

May 1st, 2019, 8:53 pm

I tried some too, but I'm still going raw after some ups and downs - TRIGGER WARNING: my silly selfie
Last edited by katastrofa on May 2nd, 2019, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ISayMoo

May 1st, 2019, 9:15 pm

It was AMAZING!!!

katastrofa

May 4th, 2019, 9:53 pm

The cheese of love. Hot! (with pepper seeds). Non, je ne rennet rien! Go a-whey! Je suis vegana! (Unbelievable! I made Camembert and I can speak French!)
IMG_7420.JPG
Now it has 4 weeks to grow white fluffy skin and develop 2 different flavours (as this batch was split to mature in different terroir).

katastrofa

May 9th, 2019, 7:57 pm

If you are looking for some black hole to drop your money into:
Beyond Meat Has Top IPO of 2019
NASDAQ: BYND

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

May 9th, 2019, 8:24 pm

We had vegetarian Indian 'chicken' in a restaurant tonite. It was like rubber.You can boil it, roast it, broil it cook it in a pan or a pot eat it with potatoes, rice or tomatoes But chicken's still what you got, boy

katastrofa

May 9th, 2019, 8:40 pm

I don't eat vegan "meats" or other substitutes, but I once bought this our of curiosity and it put me off with its realness:

I will make пизи this weekend (my grandma made them a bit smaller and without filling):
Yumm :-)

Paul

May 10th, 2019, 5:50 am

The cheese of love. Hot! (with pepper seeds). Non, je ne rennet rien! Go a-whey! Je suis vegana! (Unbelievable! I made Camembert and I can speak French!)
IMG_7420.JPG
Now it has 4 weeks to grow white fluffy skin and develop 2 different flavours (as this batch was split to mature in different terroir).
A camembert was the last cheese I ever made. With my relaxed attitude to cleanliness it turned out the strangest cheese I'd ever made. It was powerful. It was also grey. One French person liked it. 

katastrofa

May 10th, 2019, 10:31 am

My kitchen is far from sterile too. I just cook the clothes and rise the utensils with boiling water.
The heart is turning bright white (as in the photo) and I'm going for more fluffiness this time, ergo stronger flavour - it can be controlled by giving them more air.
The problem is the candida went to visit roqueforti on the neighbouring shelf and now my blue cheese starts to grow a white mesh :-(

katastrofa

May 18th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Beyond Meat: Beyond Absurd

"I have my opinions on the nutritional debate, " - and they are written all over my double chin :-)

"As investors, however, the stock market is not the ideal place to express our beliefs on (food) politics." - is it grammatically correct?
BTW, my previous ideolovestment: Cyprotex - developing alternatives to animal testing

All I can add is that it's quite unfair to pick on BM for advertising spendings at this stage of their growth.

tw

May 18th, 2019, 8:26 pm

Beyond Meat: Beyond Absurd

"I have my opinions on the nutritional debate, " - and they are written all over my double chin :-)

"As investors, however, the stock market is not the ideal place to express our beliefs on (food) politics." - is it grammatically correct?
BTW, my previous ideolovestment: Cyprotex - developing alternatives to animal testing

All I can add is that it's quite unfair to pick on BM for advertising spendings at this stage of their growth.
I am intrigued by the BYND story.
Incumbent meat and food brand industries seem to have such a size advantage that any start up is likely to be a takeover target
so it doesn't surprise me to see huge multiples. It seems to me they could persist, since the underlying story
of switching away from meat seems to have a number of strong arguments behind it that go beyond any ideological
points.  Surely anyone going long BYND at 90+ bucks must be thinking along those lines...

The interesting trading question to me is, if one wanted to take a short position on the meat consumption, what names
(or spreads) are the way to do it? This would be a purer way to trade the switch from meat trend.
Any livestock fund (e.g. cow) looks like it has danger written all over it to me...

katastrofa

May 18th, 2019, 9:09 pm

A takeover is probable, I guess (vide the acquisition of Cyprotex by Evotec), but I doubt it. I bought them to hedge my insulin portfolio ;-)

I don't know much about cows, sorry. After all you're the bull and I'm just a pig :-)

The cheese i made with pepper seeds is amazing! It's all infused with a spicy flavour.

katastrofa

May 26th, 2019, 1:53 am

Bagheera kiplingi - a vegan spider. The photo taken from the cover of the 80's fitness magazine for spiders. (They promoted veganism, but it didn't stick to other species.)