Re: trackstar's Needle Exchange

November 25th, 2020, 12:37 am

Товарищ Толстохвостый hacked the forum?

trackstar
Topic Author

November 25th, 2020, 1:01 am

Товарищ Толстохвостый hacked the forum?
Я не знаю, товарищ он толстый хвост или товарищ худой хвост, но я знаю, что есть:

More Bounce to the Ounce - Zapp and Roger

Turn it up - all of Brighton Beach should be lockin' and poppin' to this one!

katastrofa

November 25th, 2020, 10:29 am

A few nights ago, I was reading one of my favorite books and came across this phrase:

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.”

I will just sit on a granite bench and watch the river flow by, maybe... : )
Don't make the common mistake: I was in the right place and time in my life to find someone, he worked across the street (god forbid we studied at the same uni), we had common friends and interests, ... So you dedicate all your love (or in fact the need to love and being loved) to it. If you want to know the outcome, look at the divorce statistics (or go for a pint with your "married with children" friend). The best relationships I've witnessed happened by accident, to people unprepared for them, with everything against them - or even to people who used to dislike the other or each other. Expect the unexpected. For instance, look at our Russian, he probably thinks that leptoq is French for a bird. But who know, maybe you're meant for each other?
I wanted to be nice and helpful - sorry if it came out as usual (-:
(One piece of advice, since you aiming at a group, which likely has some past experience, don't use the word "marriage" too much.)

trackstar
Topic Author

November 25th, 2020, 11:24 am

That is thoughtful, and direct commentary and no offense taken at all. However, to clarify, I have only evolved a little bit, at least so far, from being philosophically opposed to m@##$&*%, to being positive and willing to see it in a different light. My parents were happy together though and grandparents too, so the precedents in my life were also positive.

That said, what am I good at myself?

- Working 7 days a week.
- Many hobbies, as you know here.
- Masochistic stuff like pumping iron and rowing.
- Evaluating real estate - both individual properties and markets. I enjoy looking, but can take years without buying anything.

So, i am in no hurry at all and the local and especially married or otherwise “taken” population is totally safe around here.

In any case, “I do not seek, I find.” - Picasso : )

Do you know what I really want, a la your Marjorie Dawes, who I had to google....?

I want snow! I love snow! Lots of snow! Fresh fluffy snow! Deep, deep snow! Give me snow! Ohhhh, baby.....

And I’ll grab my skies and hit the slopes. Woo hooooooo!  : D

Back to music - this is beautiful stuff:

50 Words for Snow - Kate Bush
full album 

katastrofa

November 26th, 2020, 12:38 pm

It was a white-gray and chilly day, but very nice walking in the woods for a few hours this afternoon. I took lots of pictures - many interesting things emerged from the forest.  But here I will just show the broad pine needle pathway and a field where I found some beautiful moss, still vivid green despite several frosty mornings.

Then went home for tea and warm scones! 
Meh, civilisation ;-)
Attachments
E450C34E-E4FE-4BB1-8AAF-A9B2276386A1.jpeg
3DDDD57B-E230-4C2C-AE78-4B70950D5286.jpeg
503AEE26-0E8D-4209-819B-4D9204CA0BE1.jpeg

trackstar
Topic Author

November 26th, 2020, 2:17 pm

Nice - looks like a great view from a warm room. Civilization has its good points - imagine no heat this time of year!

A few recent pictures from here - the lake and the marsh:

trackstar
Topic Author

November 28th, 2020, 9:34 pm

Just back from a run - chilly afternoon, but no snow yet...

Here is my party plan for tonight.  : )

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

bearish

November 28th, 2020, 10:52 pm

I could comment on the drink and drugs part of the plan, but will limit myself to the book. It reminds me of a calculator that I once read about. In addition to offering badly translated judgments of King Wen and commentary from the Duke of Zhou on the hexagrams, it also performed ordinary calculations. But only as long as the answer was less than or equal to 4. Any answer beyond that would be represented as “A Suffusion of Yellow”.

trackstar
Topic Author

November 28th, 2020, 11:50 pm

I could comment on the drink and drugs part of the plan, but will limit myself to the book. It reminds me of a calculator that I once read about. In addition to offering badly translated judgments of King Wen and commentary from the Duke of Zhou on the hexagrams, it also performed ordinary calculations. But only as long as the answer was less than or equal to 4. Any answer beyond that would be represented as “A Suffusion of Yellow”.
The Long, Dark Tea-Time of the Soul - D. Adams ! : )

I am also making Roasted Fennel and Carrot Soup - epicurious, so do not worry, I will not get lost in the Hexagram Labyrinth, never to be seen again.

bearish

November 29th, 2020, 12:19 am

Very good! I’m just putting the finishing touches on an appetizer featuring Castelvetrano olives, feta and lemon zest, along with lots of olive oil and leftover home made Thanksgiving bread to dip in it. I don’t think fish oil would work, although I could see smuggling in the odd anchovy. Enjoy your evening!

trackstar
Topic Author

December 6th, 2020, 8:37 pm

The Nor'Easter described yesterday blew through here and is gone today.  Not as bad as predicted this time.

This morning, I spent a couple of hours breaking up icebergs in my driveway (awesome combination of heavy rain, heavy snow, more rain, and then overnight freeze), but I have a long-handled axe for this sort of thing and it went right along.

Then once I could get out, I went for a drive to one of my favorite places.

Now a big mug of hot chocolate with a splash of Amaretto and what's next? A good book I guess! The rest of the icebergs can wait till tomorrow.

trackstar
Topic Author

December 8th, 2020, 8:40 pm

Time to wake up, sleepy forum.

Crank the volume before you click and give it a minute...

Nothin' But A Good Time

Now imagine you are in a lunar silver Bugatti Veyron heading down the M3 at a buck 10 (177 kmph to you)

Your hair is blowing in the breeze and Stonehenge is waiting for you in the equinoctial or solstitial sun! 
lunar silver BV.jpg

trackstar
Topic Author

December 12th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Starting a new painting on this rainy Saturday and have been working with interlocking patterns.

One famous example:
angels and demons.jpg
I like those angels and demons - the human condition. : )

For my first work - peacocks, ferns, and butterflies, using all colors and they will be like mandalas.

As long as my Winsor and Newton's hold out.
Last edited by trackstar on December 14th, 2020, 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cuchulainn

December 12th, 2020, 5:56 pm

Our prof in 1st year used Escher's drawing to explain Group Theory (a section in my maths course..)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_theory
My C++ Boost code gives
262537412640768743.999999999999250072597198185688879353856337336990862707537410378210647910118607313

http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

trackstar
Topic Author

December 13th, 2020, 2:59 pm

Our prof in 1st year used Escher's drawing to explain Group Theory (a section in my maths course..)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_theory
Cool.  Winter may be very good for math - by candlelight? Old school paper and pencil?

The kind of math I am doing now = dog geometry!

Quite a few of my friends have dogs and this is a nice gift - bespoke winter jackets. Especially for the shorthaired breeds.
wintercoat.JPG
This is just rough - the stitching is "basting" right now and that will be ripped out when the finer stitching is finished.

I can fit everything from Chihuahuas to Malinois.  : ) I love the Mals - that is a dignified and serious kind of dog, very loyal, though a bit uncompromising with strangers. So, you have to be careful if you take them hiking where there will be a lot of other people around. But very brave and protective. Nice dog.
BelgianMalinois.png
Enjoy the rest of the weekend - I will have a few more of the dog coats done by tonight!

• Advertisement

ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On