Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn

Re: trackstar's Needle Exchange

January 15th, 2021, 11:34 pm

if it's any consolation .. you and ppauper have been on this forum's friend list for  a number of years.

trackstar
Topic Author

January 15th, 2021, 11:44 pm

if it's any consolation .. you and ppauper have been on this forum's friend list for  a number of years.
Haha!  See, there is an important voice that is missing here now - what would ppauper be saying? 

In addition to being very accomplished in computational fluid dynamics (that CFD, not the political one), he also really dug in to the legal side of things from time to time. Strange and interesting character (or consortium, as it were).

I have to write a paper tonight, but maybe more Con Law tomorrow. Will this Trump case go to the Supreme Court? Stay tuned!

trackstar
Topic Author

January 17th, 2021, 2:57 pm

Song of the Day

Young Man Blues - The Who Live at Leeds
Free Speech - British style.

Ferocious! : )

trackstar
Topic Author

January 17th, 2021, 5:53 pm

Another one about speaking - don't forget to breathe too! ; ) 

Speak to Me/Breathe/On the Run - Pink Floyd

We'll see how things shape up for the 20th.

Cuchulainn

January 18th, 2021, 12:02 am

Both Art College groups.

Paul

January 19th, 2021, 7:24 am

I don’t do bosons, but I recently doubled my vitamin D-3 dosage to 2,000 IUs per day. Collector would approve! Kat probably not so much.
That sounds good.  Funny little story: last month I got a bit experimental and started taking 10,000 IUs of D-3 a day. Plus a bunch of other stuff, including B6.
”Such stuff as dreams are made on.”

Cuchulainn

January 19th, 2021, 10:37 am

In addition to being very accomplished in computational fluid dynamics (that CFD, not the political one), he also really dug in to the legal side of things from time to time.

And 
1. NZ

2. Honesty thread 
Loose talk in the classroom
To hurt they try and try
Strong words in the staffroom
The accusations fly

trackstar
Topic Author

January 19th, 2021, 12:09 pm

I don’t do bosons, but I recently doubled my vitamin D-3 dosage to 2,000 IUs per day. Collector would approve! Kat probably not so much.
That sounds good.  Funny little story: last month I got a bit experimental and started taking 10,000 IUs of D-3 a day. Plus a bunch of other stuff, including B6.
“And our little life is rounded with a sleep.”

Yes, that was a strange couple of weeks last month, dosing up like that did affect sleep, dreams, energy, and mood strongly. If you are going to play with your own chemistry set, do careful homework!

However, adjusted course and feel great - plus learning about vitamins and minerals is relevant for a lasting veg/vegan conversion too.

So now, to sleep perchance to dream!

trackstar
Topic Author

January 19th, 2021, 12:16 pm

In addition to being very accomplished in computational fluid dynamics (that CFD, not the political one), he also really dug in to the legal side of things from time to time.

And 
1. NZ

2. Honesty thread 
And 3. The All Nations Representation Thread - that was our major collaboration!

Went from the sparring polarities (Rush Limbaugh, right wing stuff vs. poetry, art, and models) to all-inclusive international diplomacy.

Cuchulainn

January 19th, 2021, 6:54 pm

3 was very good,

Paul

January 19th, 2021, 8:22 pm

“And our little life is rounded with a sleep.”

Yes, that was a strange couple of weeks last month, dosing up like that did affect sleep, dreams, energy, and mood strongly. If you are going to play with your own chemistry set, do careful homework!

However, adjusted course and feel great - plus learning about vitamins and minerals is relevant for a lasting veg/vegan conversion too.

So now, to sleep perchance to dream!
B6 is supposed to help with dream recall. I do find that to be the case. And I dreamt that it was 5:57am this morning, woke up to find it was 5:57am. 

trackstar
Topic Author

January 19th, 2021, 8:47 pm

B6 is supposed to help with dream recall. I do find that to be the case. And I dreamt that it was 5:57am this morning, woke up to find it was 5:57am. 
Not only the recall - but also the vividness of the dreams - super high definition visuals and sound. Very interesting.  That aspect has continued, but without the speedy overdrive feel.  

I generally would not share dreams because who know what you guys would see in them (haha!), but I will say that these days I am having a recurring dream of attending a conference in a big hotel.  A different hotel each time, as shown by blue decor, red decor, gold decor, hotel logos, but always very nice surroundings and I am visiting the lunch buffet.  There are long tables with food of all kinds, and I am walking past salads, bread baskets, entrees in long silver pans, and rows of desserts.  The imagination and realism are quite amazing.

You have been to a few good conferences in your time and have probably enjoyed those lunch buffets too! 

What does it mean? Happy to hear ideas, but my own interpretation would be a quote from someone - I will look up who said it, but something like:

"Life is a buffet and most fools are starving to death."   Well, not me - I have my plate and am ready to go! : D

Cuchulainn

January 19th, 2021, 9:21 pm

the number 148.413 keeps cropping up. i'm on a thread is a mangold swamp of fubar formulae and text.

trackstar
Topic Author

January 19th, 2021, 9:30 pm

the number 148.413 keeps cropping up. i'm on a thread is a mangold swamp of fubar formulae and text.
e^5

Or my BMI after all those buffets!

trackstar
Topic Author

January 20th, 2021, 3:38 am

I am departing for a celebratory vacation. Do not worry, I have not gone down the rabbit hole of far-right conspiracy theories! Just heading for the mountains to watch things from a distance. 

Be well, enjoy true Free Speech if you know where it lives, and long live both Democritus & Democratia.