Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn

Re: How should we deal with the coronavirus pandemic?

May 18th, 2021, 6:01 pm

peach?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuT5KUA7iaY

Looks like I'm gonna be stuck here the whole summer
Well what a bummer
I can think of a lot worse places to be
Like down in the streets
Or down in the sewer
Or even on the end of a skewer

katastrofa

May 18th, 2021, 7:27 pm

Only relativistic time travel to the beach - or to meet Napoleon - is possible these days:
Possible - if we live in pretzel universe. Just mooseing around. Back to sowing carrots before I hit elgeiac tones...

Collector

June 22nd, 2021, 11:50 am

Elefanten i rommet – vitamin D og korona blant innvandrere

"Faktisk har norske helsemyndigheter alt i forkant av pandemien vært kjent med at det er betydelig mer vitamin D-mangel blant ikke-Svestlige innvandrere. Dette kommer klart fram av en rapport utgitt av Helsedirektoratet i 2018"

bearish

June 22nd, 2021, 2:47 pm

Do you know if the cause of the relative vitamin D deficiency in non-Western immigrants is genetic, behavioral and/or diet related?

Collector

June 22nd, 2021, 3:02 pm

Do you know if the cause of the relative vitamin D deficiency in non-Western immigrants is genetic, behavioral and/or diet related?
I dont know, but very likely a mix of these. More protected agains UVB as genetically from areas with much more sun exposure (warmer so show more skin etc.), and therefore not culture for get decent part of D from food, no dark season like here.

Could this also be part of reason why New Zeland do so very well? most of population original from parts of Europe 10 degrees closer to a pole? so they are moved to place with more sun than developed for....my point perhaps their policy not so effective as they think, better to be lucky than....

Bearish I assume you not take fish oil or D vit supplements? Insider tips: nude beach is good place to get maximum sun exposure... \(D3=\frac{Area Exposed}{TimeInThe Sun}\) (PS: I am not the insider). 

bearish

June 22nd, 2021, 5:58 pm

I dont know, but very likely a mix of these. More protected agains UVB as genetically from areas with much more sun exposure (warmer so show more skin etc.), and therefore not culture for get decent part of D from food, no dark season like here.

Could this also be part of reason why New Zeland do so very well? most of population original from parts of Europe 10 degrees closer to a pole? so they are moved to place with more sun than developed for....my point perhaps their policy not so effective as they think, better to be lucky than....

Bearish I assume you not take fish oil or D vit supplements? Insider tips: nude beach is good place to get maximum sun exposure... \(D3=\frac{Area Exposed}{TimeInThe Sun}\) (PS: I am not the insider). 
I do actually take a daily D supplement and enjoy a diet relatively high in fatty fishes. My brother (in Norway) alerted me to the issue a few years ago when he nearly died from some poorly diagnosed malady, one that happened to have coincided with his having a ridiculously low vitamin D level. It’s been more than two decades since I’ve been to a nude beach, so I’m assuming that effect wore off.

Cuchulainn

July 5th, 2021, 3:46 pm

tags

July 5th, 2021, 4:49 pm

“I love cows, so I thought, why not buy some?” 

Insane logics if you ask me. Bad for animals.

Cuchulainn

July 5th, 2021, 7:08 pm

“I love cows, so I thought, why not buy some?” 

Insane logics if you ask me. Bad for animals.
It's Cavan! he's a farmer.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 5th, 2021, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

July 5th, 2021, 7:17 pm

Maybe you prefer this, tags; My next door neighbour in IRL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=unev3uVGf4A

Cuchulainn

July 5th, 2021, 7:30 pm

- A Cavan man and his wife were at the fair and a pilot was offering a free flight to anyone who would stay quiet while he did loop the loops in the small plane. If they screamed it would cost $50.

- The Cavan couple climbed on board and the pilot did his worst to complete silence from the back of the plane.

- Finally he landed and he complimented the Cavan man on the two-way radio for staying quiet.
“Ah now, I nearly shouted when the wife fell out," the Cavan man replied.

tags

July 5th, 2021, 7:32 pm

He seems to have a lot of fun. Metal guitar parts ist Krieg (sind Krieges?), indeed.

Cuchulainn

July 5th, 2021, 8:35 pm

He seems to have a lot of fun. Metal guitar parts ist Krieg (sind Krieges?), indeed.
This kid speaks 5 languages: English, Irish, Serb, Czeck,.. and is great at imitating people + accents. A kind of junior Robin Williams.
and .. he likes maths.

Collector

July 8th, 2021, 7:39 am

one can take some D vit

"Therapeutic improvement in vitamin D to 80–100 ng/ml has significantly reduced the inflammatory markers associated with COVID-19 without Any side effects. Hence, adjunctive Pulse D therapy can be added safely to the existing treatment protocols of COVID-19 for improved outcomes."

"Impact of daily high dose oral vitamin D therapy on the inflammatory markers in patients with COVID 19 disease" naturally preventive use of D even likely much better...

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-90189-4

or one could close down the whole world, but off course no leader would be that insane....

A month or two early to say, but looks already now that Australia is getting uptick in Covid as they are going into the fall, less sun...

bearish

July 8th, 2021, 11:59 am

one can take some D vit

"Therapeutic improvement in vitamin D to 80–100 ng/ml has significantly reduced the inflammatory markers associated with COVID-19 without Any side effects. Hence, adjunctive Pulse D therapy can be added safely to the existing treatment protocols of COVID-19 for improved outcomes."

"Impact of daily high dose oral vitamin D therapy on the inflammatory markers in patients with COVID 19 disease" naturally preventive use of D even likely much better...

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-90189-4

or one could close down the whole world, but off course no leader would be that insane....

A month or two early to say, but looks already now that Australia is getting uptick in Covid as they are going into the fall, less sun...
Very interesting. 60,000 IUs a day seems like a lot, but that’s strictly based on comparing it to the size of my 1,000 IU pill/capsule thing.