SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

Re: Is everyone ok?

April 23rd, 2020, 8:41 am

Cuchulainn

May 21st, 2020, 8:49 pm

We, the human element, are what bring perspective into a situation. We can’t change the problems we bump up against; that part of the equation is set, but the power of perception can change the appearance of even our biggest problems. How we view those problems and what we tell ourselves they mean determines how daunting they will be to overcome. Maroulis knew this. She made fear a part of her story.
There's an old judo saying.
"Where the head goes, the body will follow."
If our perspective (head) is on point, then our actions (body) will follow suit.
How we conquer fear is how we conquer all negativity. We have this picture in our heads that all winners or successful people are fearless, but it’s simply not the case. So, go ahead, admit you’re afraid. Let that admission bring you the freedom to go out and do what you want to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_7HSl5u2GI

bearish

May 21st, 2020, 10:28 pm

Perhaps it's time for an update in this particular thread. I've now recovered at home for a few weeks and have improved to the point of being able to walk around the (long NYC) block and, with some trepidation, up a flight of stairs. 

katastrofa

May 21st, 2020, 11:16 pm

It's impressive progress, especially that you had to trample the virus at the beginning of the way. You should be running smoothly by this year's golf season ;-)

BTW, I'm currently a big fan of grounding for treating inflammations and supporting healing of tissues: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/
If you have somewhere to walk barefoot or just sit on the grass and get some free electrons through your palms (but not after the storm)... I know it sounds crazy - but who cares if it won't hurt and can help! (-:

Paul
Topic Author

May 22nd, 2020, 2:43 am

Perhaps it's time for an update in this particular thread. I've now recovered at home for a few weeks and have improved to the point of being able to walk around the (long NYC) block and, with some trepidation, up a flight of stairs. 
Excellent news! Now just don't get mugged!

Collector

May 22nd, 2020, 7:14 am

Bjørnen er tilbake and walking the Wall and the Street, så bra!

Cuchulainn

May 22nd, 2020, 7:54 am

My mum who is 95 years young is in a care home (...) was diagnosed corona positive  > 1 month ago but she seems to be doing reasonably OK.

bearish

May 23rd, 2020, 1:15 am

That is pretty impressive! Good luck to her!

Cuchulainn

May 23rd, 2020, 10:05 am

That is pretty impressive! Good luck to her!
Thank you, bearish!

And it's great to hear you are on the up, Best wishes.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On