Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Paul
Topic Author

Re: Good things that come out of this pandemic...

November 2nd, 2020, 1:35 am

What’s with the letter R? Is that a reference to oysters? Or an in joke about the names of the months in some strange tongue?

(When I was a child we used to eat a lot of tongue, now you mention it. As well as the liver and onions. Kidneys, of course. Thymus and/or pancreas. Not so much heart. And lungs only once a year. Lots of intestines in Argentina. But no brains. The zombies get to them first.)

bearish

November 2nd, 2020, 1:57 am

I like tongue, and really don’t understand the yuck factor it triggers in some people. As for the R-rule, it works in Germanic languages on the Northern hemisphere, at least as far as to mark the non-summer part of the year. I would not try to implement it in Argentina. And brains kind of went out of fashion with mad cow disease.

Collector

November 10th, 2020, 12:09 pm

BREAKING NEWS!!

Researchers at the University of Oslo have now found out scientifically support (what several in HF community expected since beginning of Covid) for that Tran is effective in preventing Covid symptoms etc and preventive. Yes looks like "correlation", but correlation can be causality, in particular when several studies on /d showing the same.

TRAN = Norwegian cod fish liver oil. But it is almost for sure the D vitamin part that is reason. Tran in too high dosages can give poisoning as contain also A.

I take Tran standard dose and high D3 dose in R months, cannot remember I had a single cold since the flue of year 2000 or so (when I had moved to USA and forgot to take Tran)

Could likely indeed explain part of difference between Sweden and Norway death rates?

The whole world closed down and people where hiding in their condos when all they needed was take their Tran and D3 supplements! ??? ( I just added some question marks so I don't get arrested for snake oil conspiracy)

Remember I was reading extensively on this after I had flue year 2000, after studying loads of herbs and vitamins etc. it was clear to me that D3 was preventive against series of flue and cold type bugs.  

I still think one gets these things, but body fight them off before u know u had them.

If I had said this 2 months earlier I would likely have been arrested for conspiracy theories!
Last edited by Collector on November 10th, 2020, 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Collector

November 10th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Can everyone take their Tran and then we cancel turning world into a shut-down mad house? 

(and Norway will have their second oil age, the big Tran-oil rush). But there is limited supply, do not be surprised if fake Tran is sold! (With this news in Norwegian now main media channels Tran will be sold out likely soon). Secure your bottles, or wait for take the Mandatory Vaccine!

If u go for Tran I strongly recommend the bottle with no taste additives. One should taste the fish oil, that it is fresh and off good quality, tase additives or capsules and u will not be able to taste if it has gone bad! One shot a day!

SKÅL!
Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 1.54.35 PM.png
The vegan alternative possibly even better = get out in the sun and expose your skin!

Collector

November 10th, 2020, 2:58 pm

https://oslo-universitetssykehus.no/om-oss/nyheter/kan-tran-forebygge-korona

english down on the page, falls in to line with a series of studies on D (and "common" sense)

Cuchulainn

November 10th, 2020, 3:06 pm

Cod liver oil and Vector Analysis, bliss.

katastrofa

November 10th, 2020, 4:58 pm

Farmaindustrie is fisking in your pockets:
Risks and benefits [or lack thereof] of omega 3 fats for mortality, cardiovascular disease, and cancer: systematic review

Eat vegan: stay young and beautiful!
(In the photo my vegan filthy norsk middag.)
Last edited by katastrofa on November 10th, 2020, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

November 10th, 2020, 5:04 pm

.. if you want to be loved ..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCoefRV0eOk

Collector

November 17th, 2020, 4:17 pm

Norway is shipping a Christmas tree to Trafalger square London as usual, the same procedure every year James! They just cut it!

Not even Covid-19 could save the tree ;-( 

Cant they just plant a small pine tree growing into big tree in Trafalgar square, and put on Christmas decorations once a year?

ExSan

November 17th, 2020, 5:00 pm

Norway is shipping a Christmas tree to Trafalger square London as usual, the same procedure every year James! They just cut it!
Cant they just plant a small pine tree growing into big tree in Trafalgar square, and put on Christmas decorations once a year?
I read that the tree in Rockefeller Center NYC is also from  Norway
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

bearish

November 17th, 2020, 7:07 pm

I read that the tree in Rockefeller Center NYC is also from  Norway

No, it’s from upstate NY. The likely source of confusion is that it is a Norway spruce, but that’s a reference to its species (Picea abis) not its country of upbringing.

katastrofa

November 17th, 2020, 9:02 pm

The Black Life Matter activists would eagerly make central space for it!

Collector

November 19th, 2020, 3:05 pm

remember recycling off face-masks, some back to where they came from, united they stand!
Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 4.03.32 PM.png

katastrofa

November 19th, 2020, 7:03 pm

Lockdown fashion!
Now we'll have only one season: Moda Covid-20/21.

Cuchulainn

November 29th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Watching a lot of Al Jazeera, lots of history programs you don't see in the regurgitated programs like History Channel (oh no, not another Nazi Megastructures in Norway).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjzMWumVhV8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DxSzjE0ZW4

The first time I heard the word "French Empire" in all my days on this Earth.

CNN is a mirror-image of FOX News. They won't allow us to watch FOX for good reason(s).