Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

bearish

Re: Quants in POLAND

April 22nd, 2018, 1:03 am

....(I don't enter the spots with just vegan options, because the smell of milk makes me feel sick and I'm not going to support the horrific animal cruelty and pollution generator the dairy industry is with what I eat)....
That's a laudable but short-sighted strategy that will prolong the cruelty and pollution it purports to prevent.  To the extent that vegans boycott restaurants that are not 100% vegan, such restaurants will avoid offering vegan options that expose non-vegans to the diet.  Rather than marginalize meat & diary consumption, the boycott strategy helps marginalize veganism.
That's some scenario, but in fact the opposite happens. More and more mixed restaurants go clean. Besides, non-vegans are inferior vegans, so I'd preferably not let them in vegan restaurants, let alone care what they "feel".
At the risk of commingling this with the grammar thread, I think your statement "non-vegans are inferior vegans" was meant to say "non-vegans are inferior to vegans", since the latter actually makes formal sense. It may not make real sense, but that is a separate discussion, perhaps best carried out over a nice steak.

Traden4Alpha

April 22nd, 2018, 1:16 am

That's a laudable but short-sighted strategy that will prolong the cruelty and pollution it purports to prevent.  To the extent that vegans boycott restaurants that are not 100% vegan, such restaurants will avoid offering vegan options that expose non-vegans to the diet.  Rather than marginalize meat & diary consumption, the boycott strategy helps marginalize veganism.
That's some scenario, but in fact the opposite happens. More and more mixed restaurants go clean. Besides, non-vegans are inferior vegans, so I'd preferably not let them in vegan restaurants, let alone care what they "feel".
At the risk of commingling this with the grammar thread, I think your statement "non-vegans are inferior vegans" was meant to say "non-vegans are inferior to vegans", since the latter actually makes formal sense. It may not make real sense, but that is a separate discussion, perhaps best carried out over a nice steak.
It's a typo typical of those suffering neurological damage from an imbalanced vegan diet. ;)

katastrofa

April 22nd, 2018, 1:52 am

It's a typo typical of those suffering neurological damage from an imbalanced vegan diet. ;)
The man who dines with me gets the finest steak, rest assured. You can stick the cows.

ISayMoo

April 22nd, 2018, 6:52 am

Exaggerated. There're three at most four good vegan restaurants in Warsaw. You may find some excellent Polish, French, Georgian and Nepali reastaurants in Warsaw, the vegan cuisine is reduced to vegan burgers.
I think the better ones may be outside your budget? Fine dining is never cheap.

ISayMoo

April 22nd, 2018, 6:53 am

....(I don't enter the spots with just vegan options, because the smell of milk makes me feel sick and I'm not going to support the horrific animal cruelty and pollution generator the dairy industry is with what I eat)....
Empirical evidence disproves your assertion. I often read about vegetarian restaurants going full vegan.

ISayMoo

April 22nd, 2018, 6:54 am

Vegans make occasional typos (not that what Kata made it in this thread - I think she meant exactly what she said, and you and bearish missed the point as usual), meat eaters write BS about maths and AI ;-)

Collector

April 22nd, 2018, 9:58 am

What is it called when one only eat meat eating plants and no meat? Is this what they make vegan burgers and vegan steaks off? 

Actually one of the most expensive vegan meals in the world is such a plant! (key word: high Mountain plant)

Gamal

April 22nd, 2018, 12:13 pm

What is it called when one only eat meat eating plants and no meat? Is this what they make vegan burgers and vegan steaks off? 

Actually one of the most expensive vegan meals in the world is such a plant! (key word: high Mountain plant)
Vegan burgers and vegan steaks are for converted meat-eaters. If shaped in the form of human body - they are for converted cannibals.

Cuchulainn

May 9th, 2018, 4:06 pm

"Once it hardens, chocolate's worse than snow."
"Compatibility means deliberately repeating other people's mistakes."
David Wheeler

http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

katastrofa

August 9th, 2018, 12:49 am

Przygarnie ktoś koteczka? Wyrwany śmierci przez dziewczyny ze schroniska w Płocku. Kończy im sie miejsce w domach tymczasowych, bo akurat trwa sezon porzucania zwierząt :-/

katastrofa

September 2nd, 2018, 1:45 am

Szansa na odkupienie grzechow. Zwierzaki potrzebuja kupe kasy na wykup terenu schroniska: https://www.ratujemyzwierzaki.pl/teren
O pomoc prosza cztery dziewczyny, ok. 70 kotow i ok. 10 psow - jedno z moich ulubionych schronisk, ktore wspieram od paru lat; zaufane istoty (poza paroma kotami).

ppauper

September 19th, 2018, 6:28 am

President Andrzej Duda of Poland is visiting President Trump in Washington.
President Duda says he told President Trump that he "would very much like for us to set up permanent American bases in Poland, which we would call Fort Trump ... I firmly believe that this is possible."

"Fort Trump" has a certain ring, but Trump voters want fewer overseas bases, not more

ISayMoo

September 19th, 2018, 6:56 am

Yeah, Duda is barking up the wrong tree.

ppauper

September 19th, 2018, 7:08 am

I think Duda is still smarting from Obama cancelling the Bush 2 missile defense (which was to have been located in Poland) to kowtow to his (obama's) kremlin paymasters

ISayMoo

September 19th, 2018, 7:17 am

So Obama did in this case what Trump voters want, and you criticise him for it?