Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

James

Opera recommendations?

February 4th, 2004, 5:38 pm

"I'm surprised by your question, since it ostensibly comes from a man who is driven to work in a "car"."No mystery here: like a lot of my 'investments' I have a 'synthetic' 'car' and 'driver.I'm driven in a train mostly, and a taxi sometimes. My 'driver' is a guy who owns a cab, we hold the note on his car, he pays it off in cab service home or to work for us on odd nights when my wife and I are late at the office or I am teaching. Each ride's fare=payment on note. As a Cambodian refugee, his credit with banks was none too good. We knew better. Gotta find alpha where ya can, and marginal utility income on options: i.e. service. Good for us, good for him, the banks were snoozin'.Now that the mortgage is paid off, how many more cabs can I finance and does it equal round the clock service with a high p-score? Do I need round the clock service? hmmm. If I get a job working for Nonius, I can have x more synthetic drivers! yeah!Back to figuring out, low rent, less impressive alpha, with the same utility function but at lower cost that is mutually beneficial.

ppauper

Opera recommendations?

July 23rd, 2012, 5:27 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... tmlRussian opera singer withdraws from Bayreuth festival over Swastika tattoo

Cuchulainn

Opera recommendations?

July 23rd, 2012, 7:47 pm

@exotiq is a great opera singer as well. Opera sounds best at La Scala.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 22nd, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quantmeh

Opera recommendations?

July 23rd, 2012, 7:51 pm

Anna Bolena with Netrebko