Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

PinballWizard

Congratulations to Reza!

June 9th, 2002, 9:27 pm

Yuka,Are you Canadian ? If so, where from ?B.

Yuka

Congratulations to Reza!

June 10th, 2002, 7:23 am

Sorry, PinballWizard - not Canadian - I just got into the "eh" thing from a Canadian flatmate a few years ago..

Aaron

Congratulations to Reza!

June 11th, 2002, 4:16 pm

With no disrespect to Reza, nor jealousy over his accomplishment, I suggest the kilo point is a time of assessment, like tenure or partnership. We should not just include number of posts, but number of responses (like citations for academics). Some thought should be given to final posts: the last post in a thread could be the capping wisdom, or so impenetrable that it drove everyone away.When someone reaches that point, there is a sufficient body of work for evaluation. If the decision is positive, I suggest "Life Member." If not, the person can start over at zero and a new username, freed of the necessity to be consistent with all prior posts. The new name, of course, would have to fight for recognition with every other junior member.Just a thought. Of course, people who reach 1,000 before such a rule is formally adopted will get automatic promotion.

IAmEric

Congratulations to Reza!

June 12th, 2002, 5:27 pm

Is it just my imagination, or has there been a sudden burst in the number of posts since Paul started this thread? Aaron, you're about 50 posts shy of overtaking reza If I can manage 100 posts/day over the next couple of weeks, I should be able to give reza a run for the money myself.Let the games begin! Eric

hari

Congratulations to Reza!

June 12th, 2002, 5:48 pm

eric,nice point.hari

hari

Congratulations to Reza!

June 12th, 2002, 5:48 pm

eric,nice point.hari

hari

Congratulations to Reza!

June 12th, 2002, 5:49 pm

eric,nice point.harin.b., have i made my point yet?

maxim

Congratulations to Reza!

June 12th, 2002, 6:43 pm

Last edited by maxim on July 20th, 2002, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David

Congratulations to Reza!

June 12th, 2002, 7:07 pm

voila!

Paul
Topic Author

Congratulations to Reza!

June 12th, 2002, 7:10 pm

Nice theory...but in practice you'll get banned long before you reach your goal! P

Hamilton

Congratulations to Reza!

June 12th, 2002, 8:01 pm

>Nice theory...but in practice you'll get banned long before you reach your goal! Fascinating.

ComteZero

Congratulations to Reza!

June 13th, 2002, 12:41 pm

i would say unbelievable

Aaron

Congratulations to Reza!

June 14th, 2002, 1:36 am

I hate to tell you guys, all you have to do is go to "Profile," double click on the number of messages, and you can set it to whatever you like. Don't go over four digits or try negative numbers, it will mess up your prior posts. So no more body-count posts, please.

Onuk

Congratulations to Reza!

June 21st, 2002, 1:04 pm

Agreed a generalized metric might provide more info on the buddha-nature of each agent, but I think the quality of Wilmott is not strained (but droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven upon the place beneath. It is twice blessed: it blesseth him that gives, and him that takes...)and probably shouldn't be strained by over-measurement.However it does seem to me that there is some space under the avatar etc for some extra decoration, rather than have a title, number of posts and join date why not put something more interesting? Wilmott can have its own Financial awards, like the Nobels or Ignobels for different positive and negative accomplishments, maybe handed out at the end of each month. So we could have some awards like:Total Non-sequiturThread HogRepetitive RamblerThread SpawnerComplete AnswererThread Makerand so on, and then it looks like:OnukTotal Non-sequitur June 2002

Socrates

Congratulations to Reza!

June 21st, 2002, 8:21 pm

I propose the title of MASTER in the oriental sense ...- "a master is one who started before you did"- "He begins from the centre and not from the fringe. He imparts an understanding of the basic principles and art before going on to the meticulous details."... and noting Aaron's 'entry' into the World Cup perhaps even ... SUAN CHU MASTER.Soc.
Last edited by Socrates on June 20th, 2002, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.