SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Crassus

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 6:27 am

Taken from a toothing forum. A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO TOOTHINGby AdminUpdated 4th March 2004IntroductionThis tries to describe the way the 'Toothing and 'Toothers operate in Great Britain. As this covers a wide range it can only be fairly general but it tries to cover the basics of the range of places available in the UK.Thank you to all those who have made suggestions.What is a 'Toothing?'Toothing is a form of anonymous sex with strangers - usually on some form of transport or enclosed area such as a conference or training seminar. 'Toothers meet by first connecting suitable equipment - such as a modern phone or palmtop computer. Users 'discover' other computers or phones in the vicinity and then send a speculative message. The usual greeting is: 'Toothing?'.If the other party is interested, messages are exchanged until a suitable location is agreed - usually a public toilet, although there are tales of more adventurous spots such as deserted carriages or staff areas. What happens next is up to you! Why 'Tooth?It's fun! And exciting! And you can meet some wonderful new people and make proper friends. How to find other 'ToothersPost specific technical issues in the appropriate forum. But, as a start, ensure your device - be it a phone, laptop or a PDA - is set to be 'discoverable' and enable 'new connections'.What Happens?This is up to you Safe 'ToothingToothing is fun and exciting - but you need to stay safe. Be sure the place you arrange to meet is close to others. This makes it even more exciting, but potentially safer. If you do agree to head back to someone's house, be sure you let a friend know where you are. Always practise safe sex. Happy 'Toothing! UPDATED FAQ: SENDING YOUR FIRST MOBILE PHONE TOOTHUpdated 9th March 20041. Go to the contacts part of your phone.2. Create a new contact - this could be under 'contacts' or phone book.3. Set the name and details etc to whatever you want the recipient toother to see. Most toothers set theirs to be "Toothing?". You will also want to include your text number if you want to continue the conversation more easily. You may want to include the toothing blog's URL (toothing.blogspot.com) too, as then they can find this board and find you again.4. To send a tooth message, select the contact you added from your phone book (if you entered the information as above, it'll be filed under 'Toothing?'), and then select 'Options'. Select 'Send Business Card' and then 'Via Bluetooth'. 5. Your device will now scour the area for available bluetooth devices. If you see a list - select the most exciting-sounding and hit 'send'. This process is entirely anonymous. 6. Wait for a response, and take it from there! If you have included your text number, they will be able to text you back. If you haven't, be sure you have listed your device name so they can send that back (it works equally well, although they will have to send a business card as described above. Experienced toothers will be comfortable with either method, although once contact has been established, texting is most convenient).Do also make sure your device's visibility is set to "Shown to all" and, of course, that your Bluetooth is actually On!Finally, Toothing with a PDA is much simpler. You should have an application called 'BlueChat' or something (aptly-named, huh?) which will enable you to connect and chat more easily. Hope this helps.

Veegan

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 8:39 am

Looks like it's time to trade in my beloved Nokia 8210 for something with a little more potential.

NeroTulip

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 9:02 am

Wanna try some toothing at work?

Crassus

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 9:21 am

Nero if you tooth me ... well I just wouldn't know what to say.Man, at my work, I'd turn my toothing off.

Crassus

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 9:23 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: VeeganLooks like it's time to trade in my beloved Nokia 8210 for something with a little more potential.I'm sure that if u wait a month or so there will be special toothing devices that will allow you to tooth smarter and faster.

NeroTulip

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 9:57 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CrassusNero if you tooth me ... well I just wouldn't know what to say.Man, at my work, I'd turn my toothing off.I definitely want to turn it on at my work. Maybe I can tooth that blonde I was telling you about.

andym

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 10:06 am

Nero, is that a 9210 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

NeroTulip

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 11:29 am

Hum... Let's get back to Pete's story. Can you try to find out more about this toothing thing? Just as a sociological experiment, of course...

LondonPete
Topic Author

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 11:53 am

Well, since my lost opportunity, I have been trying to "tooth" people with my SonyEricsson but have had no success. Busy tube/train stations seem like a great place to do this as I can pick up >4 people at any one time. The problem is I seem to need a "pass key" which is mutually agreed between the two users until data transfer can occur. Obviously I can't do this as I don't know who I'm toothing and it reduces the fun. I have however been able to easily send stuff to people who I have exchanged pass keys with (which needs to only occur once).I was thinking this was a specific SonyEricsson secuirty issue - until I read Crassus' post hehe. More fun with Bluetooth to be had.NeroTulip: I might upload these pics to my webspace if ever the server comes back on-line.
Last edited by LondonPete on April 18th, 2004, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LondonPete
Topic Author

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 12:42 pm

Reuters carried this story this morning.Jon, who's in his 20s and works in finance, estimates there could be tens of thousands of toothers from all sorts of professions and lifestyles. Certainly the Web site's message board is busy."Any toothing on these trains?" asks one poster about services between Cambridge and London, prompting positive responses from "Dannyboy" and "Zeke"."I'll be around London Bridge mainline station around 9.45 - 10 a.m. tomorrow if anyone's interested...," another poster called "Boi" wrote hopefully.

andym

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 1:38 pm

Great; of these tens of thousands, I'd say 75% gay, the rest sex-deprived male hetero technogeeks, all trying to tooth each other.Call me old-fashioned, but I'd prefer to stick to 'Do you come here often' down at the Pint and Puss.

LondonPete
Topic Author

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 2:18 pm

Let us first face the reality before we too dig "toothing". At least my experience of those bare-all babes was nice.

Crassus

I received some breasts

April 19th, 2004, 7:28 pm

I think some guy at Yahoo must read Wilmott because I saw a story which could have been this thread.

ppauper

I received some breasts

June 28th, 2004, 12:13 am

Last edited by ppauper on December 15th, 2004, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DominicConnor

I received some breasts

June 28th, 2004, 11:00 am

mobile phones reduce fertility so you can't actually do anything about itAu contraire, they reduce the risk of doing something about it.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On