SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper
Topic Author

July 5th, 2004, 5:44 pm

Last edited by ppauper on December 17th, 2004, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LondonPete

July 5th, 2004, 7:13 pm

I really don't have a problem with Amtrak nor British Rail. OK Amtrack could do with newer coaches but that's it. I think I just pick to travel on the good linesNow the Tube... that's different.

patch22

July 6th, 2004, 9:12 am

I know there have been tube discussions before but why not more…My current thinking / annoyances:- prevent strikes by granting an amnesty on any offence in the "verbal or physical abuse against staff" category to all passengers travelling on day strike + 1- station announcers who state "this train is ready to depart stand clear of the doors please" 15 seconds after the doors opened, even though the train is still half empty and the platform is packed. I long to point out that’s its just sooooooo NOT ready to depart and the same would never happen on a real train.

unquantifiable

July 7th, 2004, 6:10 am

Yeah...this guy is the pits; corrupt to the core. When he was accused of corruption in the nineties and had to resign from office, he just thrust his home-maker wife into the chief minister's seat. it's a pity, but u will see and hear of more such 'gems' from him in the coming days. god save the indian railways - more importantly, from Laloo Prasad Yadav.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On