SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

rmax

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 11:47 am

I guess that if it was a neutron star then there would be some form of X-ray signature that you could detect, also think you would need a string of them to get the right kind of effect.

Orbit

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 12:30 pm

It's funny how the only way to corroborate lensing is around an object with a corona...LOL

quantmeh

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 4:50 pm

entire universe is submerged and floating in crap

Traden4Alpha

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 6:16 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehentire universe is submerged and floating in crapThe crap (aka brown matter) is only a photoshop artifact.

quantmeh

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 6:33 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehentire universe is submerged and floating in crapThe crap (aka brown matter) is only a photoshop artifact.atoms look exactly like galaxies, except they didn't need photoshop to draw them here's nucleus, and it looks exactly like a black hole
Last edited by quantmeh on July 8th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 7:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehentire universe is submerged and floating in crapThe crap (aka brown matter) is only a photoshop artifact.atoms look exactly like galaxies, except they didn't need photoshop to draw them Hey! That picture ain't right! I didn't think electrons have different colours. And I certain don't think that yellow ones are bigger than red ones.P.S. Atoms don't look like galaxies because the electron orbits are not coplanar.

quantmeh

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 7:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaHey! That picture ain't right! I didn't think electrons have different colours.it depends on the light conditions

Traden4Alpha

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 7:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaHey! That picture ain't right! I didn't think electrons have different colours.it depends on the light conditionsThat makes sense. To get the best colour, one illuminates the atom with a bright electrolyte. Right?

quantmeh

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 9:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaHey! That picture ain't right! I didn't think electrons have different colours.it depends on the light conditionsThat makes sense. To get the best colour, one illuminates the atom with a bright electrolyte. Right?you can get photons of different colors. i would vote for organic photons, like those from fireflies, they're more environmentally friendly, fully recyclable and don't cause cancer

Traden4Alpha

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 9:17 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaHey! That picture ain't right! I didn't think electrons have different colours.it depends on the light conditionsThat makes sense. To get the best colour, one illuminates the atom with a bright electrolyte. Right?you can get photons of different colors. i would vote for organic photons, like those from fireflies, they're more environmentally friendly, fully recyclable and don't cause cancerGood idea! We only buy free-range photons that are gluten-free (and gluon-free). Also, it's best to avoid photons emitted in a place that processes peanuts or other tree nuts. We don't want any allergic reactions!

quantmeh

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 9th, 2012, 11:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaAlso, it's best to avoid photons emitted in a place that processes peanuts or other tree nuts. We don't want any allergic reactions!peanut allergy is big farma's scam

Traden4Alpha

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 10th, 2012, 12:07 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaAlso, it's best to avoid photons emitted in a place that processes peanuts or other tree nuts. We don't want any allergic reactions!peanut allergy is big farma's scamAre they photoshopping anaphylactic shock?From what I've read, the more likely culprit is hyper-concerned parents who avoid exposing very young children to peanuts (and all manner of other things that help train the immune system what's safe and what's not dangerous) which makes them much more likely to have a severe reaction to peanuts later.Or perhaps we need to ban peanut-shaped electrons.
Last edited by Traden4Alpha on July 9th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quantmeh

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 10th, 2012, 12:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaAre they photoshopping anaphylactic shock?did you _personally_ witness it?

rmax

Dark Matter Is Crap

July 10th, 2012, 12:52 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehentire universe is submerged and floating in crapThe crap (aka brown matter) is only a photoshop artifact.atoms look exactly like galaxies, except they didn't need photoshop to draw them here's nucleus, and it looks exactly like a black holeThese are wrong on so many levels.1/ Electrons don't have any form of colour2/ They are wave particles, hence the orbits do not look like that. If they did then the atom would collapse in a flash of blue light (charges moving through a field emit enery - this is what led to Bohr fixing the orbits in the first place)3/ If you think that that chart represent a black hole, then it is flawed as there is a limit at the origin. But on that basis the chart represents anything that has a point-like potential well: planets, blackholes, nucleus, rubber sheet with a weight in the middle etc.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On