SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

linuxuser99

Italy confronts terrorism

July 4th, 2005, 9:02 am

>> When Hamas leaders plan to murder civilians (a violation of international law you seem to keep quiet about), they make themselves, their families and their friends targets.Dangerous one this."When Isreali leaders invade and systematically occupy a country that is not theirs (a violation of international law you seem to keep quiet about), they make themselves, their families and their friends targets.">> Joni Jesner was 19 on a bus in Tel Aviv when nails pierced through his body, ripping it to pieces. He was pronounced dead on his arrival at Tel Hashomer hospital. There was a two year old Palestinain girl in need of a heart transplant in the same building. His family, made the decsion to save her life, and give her their son's heart. Conduct which makes me both proud and humble to be a human being.

Marsden
Topic Author

July 4th, 2005, 11:50 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: brontosaurusyou seem well aquainted with with the definition of a wierdo...I was just thinking that the State of Israel hits about four of the seven diagnostic symptoms for antisocial personality disorder ...QuoteQuoteBecause my taxes don't bankroll them, as they do bankroll Mossad, mainly. I tend to feel a stronger responsibility to stop throwing gasoline on a fire than I do to putting one out. ok so you don't care about civilians being targeted because it's not your money being used to target them. Fair enough. I'm not sure there's much more to say really.Uh, no, bronto. You noted that I "show no outrage" over some atrocities; that I don't get upset over them; that I "turn a blind eye" to them. These are fair comments, because I don't criticize atrocities that I have no direct responsibility for very often. But to claim that I don't care is slanderous nonsense.

Errrb

July 4th, 2005, 4:44 pm

The real irony is that that you have to bring islamic shithead cleric to a muslim country in order to have muslims security agents to beat the living crap out of him to make him talk. I remember saudi prince abdalla promissed on CNN to take care of the terrorists. In his exact words " we will not tolerate simpson's trial here".

farmer

July 4th, 2005, 5:17 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenI was just thinking that the State of Israel hits about four of the seven diagnostic symptoms for antisocial personality disorder...I wonder if her metaphorical parents in Germany were antisocial as well?
Last edited by farmer on July 3rd, 2005, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marsden
Topic Author

July 5th, 2005, 3:02 pm

No; more nearly narcissistic, I'd guess.You should probably be more interested in paranoia, though, Stephen.

mdubuque

July 5th, 2005, 3:22 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ErrrbThe real irony is that that you have to bring islamic shithead cleric to a muslim country in order to have muslims security agents to beat the living crap out of him to make him talk. I remember saudi prince abdalla promissed on CNN to take care of the terrorists. In his exact words " we will not tolerate simpson's trial here".This is not irony. All Muslims are not identical and exact clones of each other.Are you going to trust the Saudis to "take care of" bin Laden? Gimme a bloody break.Matthew
Last edited by mdubuque on July 4th, 2005, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tagoma

May 19th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Mafia accused of Italian school bombing that killed teenage girl

gianluca19

May 19th, 2012, 9:23 pm

this bombing is really weird...hopefully we are not getting back to the nineties...

tagoma

May 19th, 2012, 9:32 pm

here (in France) on TV they say this isn't clear who/which organization carried out this attack in Brindisi.is that so?

gianluca19

May 19th, 2012, 9:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardhere (in France) on TV they say this isn't clear who/which organization carried out this attack in Brindisi.is that so?i am in the uk at the moment but the italian medias have no idea of who could have done that...personally, i am quite sure the mafia is not involved this time, in that part of italy there is a separated organization called "sacra corona unita" and they have never done anything like that, i don't even think such an action could have any positive outcome for them...some people suggest that the state itself is involved, quite unlikely imho

Errrb

May 19th, 2012, 10:28 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gianluca19 QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardhere (in France) on TV they say this isn't clear who/which organization carried out this attack in Brindisi.is that so?i am in the uk at the moment but the italian medias have no idea of who could have done that...personally, i am quite sure the mafia is not involved this time, in that part of italy there is a separated organization called "sacra corona unita" and they have never done anything like that, i don't even think such an action could have any positive outcome for them...some people suggest that the state itself is involved, quite unlikely imhoI'm curious to hear why do you think state would benefit from this?

gianluca19

May 20th, 2012, 7:40 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ErrrbQuoteOriginally posted by: gianluca19 QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardhere (in France) on TV they say this isn't clear who/which organization carried out this attack in Brindisi.is that so?i am in the uk at the moment but the italian medias have no idea of who could have done that...personally, i am quite sure the mafia is not involved this time, in that part of italy there is a separated organization called "sacra corona unita" and they have never done anything like that, i don't even think such an action could have any positive outcome for them...some people suggest that the state itself is involved, quite unlikely imhoI'm curious to hear why do you think state would benefit from this?i personally don't think so.but there are some groups in italy (the ones linked to beppe grillo, mostly) that claim that.they say that this is a way for the state to enforce a more strict control on the citizen's life, in particular to limit their liberty.in their opinion this is an effect of their success in the last elections (where they got almost 20% in some places) since the politicians are starting to fear the rise of this new "honest" political force.

Fermion

May 20th, 2012, 5:12 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gianluca19QuoteOriginally posted by: ErrrbQuoteOriginally posted by: gianluca19 QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardhere (in France) on TV they say this isn't clear who/which organization carried out this attack in Brindisi.is that so?i am in the uk at the moment but the italian medias have no idea of who could have done that...personally, i am quite sure the mafia is not involved this time, in that part of italy there is a separated organization called "sacra corona unita" and they have never done anything like that, i don't even think such an action could have any positive outcome for them...some people suggest that the state itself is involved, quite unlikely imhoI'm curious to hear why do you think state would benefit from this?i personally don't think so.but there are some groups in italy (the ones linked to beppe grillo, mostly) that claim that.they say that this is a way for the state to enforce a more strict control on the citizen's life, in particular to limit their liberty.in their opinion this is an effect of their success in the last elections (where they got almost 20% in some places) since the politicians are starting to fear the rise of this new "honest" political force.The Italian secret service, in conjunction with the military, carabinieri, neo-fascists and/or the mafia has a long history of bombing (and other outrages) whenever the left is on the rise -- often in collaboration with the USA. It's called the " strategy of tension". The intention is to create fear in the populace and associate it with the rise of the left in the hope that people will turn to the "stability" (haha) of the right wing governments that have traditionally dominated in Italy. In short, it is state-sponsored terrorism on their own people. However, in this case, the target is a strange one. They usually choose well-populated trains or public squares in areas where unions are strong. Then they follow up by arresting local leftists (and occasionally throwing them out of 3rd floor windows). Bombing a school in Puglia named after an anti-mafia prosecutor does not seem like their usual pattern -- although the mafia connection is partially and indirectly relevant.
Last edited by Fermion on May 19th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On