Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

bearish

Re: Global Warming - Scientific Aspects

December 7th, 2018, 3:09 am

OK - so if you have a shred of belief in science and some sense of responsibility to the coming generations, you must walk or bike anywhere you go. If you are Trump, you don't give a flying fuck about the environment, so you can do whatever you want. That's your thesis?

ppauper

December 7th, 2018, 6:51 am

He could have bought a Chevy Volt instead. As Obama said, "It was nice. I’ll bet it drives real good"
He had the hummer converted to hydrogen, maybe he should do the same to the Bentley.
The Bentley is the least of it. When he was governor, he lived in Brentwood (LA) rather than Sacramento, and commuted by private jet daily. How big was his carbon footprint?
The governor’s Gulf-stream jet does nearly as much damage to the environment in one hour as a small car does in a year,” the Los AngelesTimes reported in 2008.
Anyhoo, environmental activist Denis Hayes agrees with you,
Environmental activist Denis Hayes told the paper, “If you are going to be talking about an issue, you should be living the reality you are trying to embrace.”

katastrofa

December 13th, 2018, 6:46 pm

Costa Rica has just run on 100 percent renewable energy for 300 days
Despite popular notion, they do have some industry apart from tourism and agriculture.
Great holiday destination for its nature and people (the ticos, not the US immigrants).

Cuchulainn

December 13th, 2018, 6:59 pm

Costa Rica has just run on 100 percent renewable energy for 300 days
Despite popular notion, they do have some industry apart from tourism and agriculture.
Great holiday destination for its nature and people (the ticos, not the US immigrants).
Few years ago I got a nice postcard from Costa Rica.

katastrofa

December 13th, 2018, 7:31 pm

That was the last time I travelled purely for holidays :-(
Next year it's Norway (if Collector don't block my entry :-D) and, hopefully, Ireland for work + a few days of sightseeing. Then I want to travel across Kenya, visiting friends in Nairobi, and I'll send to you a postcard with every animal I meet there!