Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Traden4Alpha

Rainwater Collection and Gravity Well Systems: How to?

February 13th, 2013, 7:26 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardIn my jargon, MAG stands for Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganadería.But I am not sure, that applies in this context.No, I do not know what MAG is here.But, I am wondering a lot .....That's good - a certain amount of wondering is healthy for the mind!A mind in the gutter often ends up under a MAG.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

February 13th, 2013, 9:50 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardIn my jargon, MAG stands for Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganadería.But I am not sure, that applies in this context.No, I do not know what MAG is here.But, I am wondering a lot .....That's good - a certain amount of wondering is healthy for the mind!A mind in the gutter often ends up under a MAG.Where have all the MAGs gone, long time passing, long time ago.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

February 13th, 2013, 9:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardIn my jargon, MAG stands for Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganadería.But I am not sure, that applies in this context.No, I do not know what MAG is here.But, I am wondering a lot .....That's good - a certain amount of wondering is healthy for the mind!A mind in the gutter often ends up under a MAG.You may be in a MAG, but you are looking at the stars.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

February 13th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Ed,World's most famous MAG in Vienna
Last edited by Cuchulainn on February 12th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

June 10th, 2013, 8:12 pm

What, is, all, that, about?,?,?,?

Traden4Alpha

June 10th, 2013, 8:48 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardWhat, is, all, that, about?,?,?,? Serious discussions of well holes + less serious banter about man holes which are unified by their focus on the utilitarian movements of water for domestic purposes.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

June 11th, 2013, 6:53 am

Taoiseach confirms that households will pay for water meters Leaflet campaign on water meters to begin
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 10th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

July 9th, 2013, 4:17 am

First bill for water charges due January 2015
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 8th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

October 30th, 2013, 4:09 pm

looming water crisis QuoteIn Ireland, Murphy found, climate change is likely to provoke an increase in extreme events, such as storms and floods, in winter, alongside a rise in sea levels, and reduced flows of water through watercourses in summer. By the 2020s, he estimates, the south and east coasts will see reductions in summer water flows of up to 16 per cent. By the 2050s, they will see reductions of up to 28 per cent; by the 2080s, there may be 40 per cent less water flowing through our lakes and rivers in summer. Potato growing will no longer be viable in the east and south-east of Ireland. In the south-east, pastureland ? that is, grass ? won?t grow without artificial irrigation.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 29th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

October 30th, 2013, 4:21 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainnlooming water crisis QuoteIn Ireland, Murphy found, climate change is likely to provoke an increase in extreme events, such as storms and floods, in winter, alongside a rise in sea levels, and reduced flows of water through watercourses in summer. By the 2020s, he estimates, the south and east coasts will see reductions in summer water flows of up to 16 per cent. By the 2050s, they will see reductions of up to 28 per cent; by the 2080s, there may be 40 per cent less water flowing through our lakes and rivers in summer. Potato growing will no longer be viable in the east and south-east of Ireland. In the south-east, pastureland ? that is, grass ? won?t grow without artificial irrigation.A dry topic, what?

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

October 30th, 2013, 6:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainnlooming water crisis QuoteIn Ireland, Murphy found, climate change is likely to provoke an increase in extreme events, such as storms and floods, in winter, alongside a rise in sea levels, and reduced flows of water through watercourses in summer. By the 2020s, he estimates, the south and east coasts will see reductions in summer water flows of up to 16 per cent. By the 2050s, they will see reductions of up to 28 per cent; by the 2080s, there may be 40 per cent less water flowing through our lakes and rivers in summer. Potato growing will no longer be viable in the east and south-east of Ireland. In the south-east, pastureland ? that is, grass ? won?t grow without artificial irrigation.A dry topic, what?"People regard themselves as consumers, and consumers have no responsibilities, they just have rights,? he said. ?I grew up with the idea that water was endless, but that?s not the case. Over the last ten years, I?ve become more and more conscious of the way in which water is used and abused in Ireland. There?s an attitude to water, like there?s an attitude to dumping. It goes from the kids who are allowed to litter streets to farmers who let effluent run into rivers. It?s a cultural thing.?"
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 29th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

October 30th, 2013, 10:18 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainnlooming water crisis QuoteIn Ireland, Murphy found, climate change is likely to provoke an increase in extreme events, such as storms and floods, in winter, alongside a rise in sea levels, and reduced flows of water through watercourses in summer. By the 2020s, he estimates, the south and east coasts will see reductions in summer water flows of up to 16 per cent. By the 2050s, they will see reductions of up to 28 per cent; by the 2080s, there may be 40 per cent less water flowing through our lakes and rivers in summer. Potato growing will no longer be viable in the east and south-east of Ireland. In the south-east, pastureland ? that is, grass ? won?t grow without artificial irrigation.A dry topic, what?"People regard themselves as consumers, and consumers have no responsibilities, they just have rights,? he said. ?I grew up with the idea that water was endless, but that?s not the case. Over the last ten years, I?ve become more and more conscious of the way in which water is used and abused in Ireland. There?s an attitude to water, like there?s an attitude to dumping. It goes from the kids who are allowed to litter streets to farmers who let effluent run into rivers. It?s a cultural thing.?"Indeed! It's hard to change a mindset from "water is free and belongs to anyone to use in any way" to "water is scarce and expensive." If Ireland becomes drier, then lands that catch rain water might become quite valuable especially if clever land owners take steps to capture and retain the water that falls on their land.

rmax

October 31st, 2013, 7:49 am

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

October 31st, 2013, 8:10 am

Water under the bridge: how the Oslo agreement robbed the Palestinians QuoteThe overall inbalance of power was reflected in hard facts on the ground: Palestinians certainly constructed wells and cisterns without licences ? 50 were destroyed by the Israeli military between 2010-11 alone. But unilateral Israeli actions have been government-implemented and remained beyond the reach of the PA.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 30th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

December 10th, 2013, 12:41 pm

QuoteIn ancient Israel, water was a precious resource. Herod the Great ordered his engineers to build aqueducts to transport water to Caesarea, then the second largest city in the country after Jerusalem. They devised a system that allowed water to flow without pumping from the springs near Mount Carmel. Seven aqueducts were constructed at this time, vestiges of which can still be seen today. [4]