Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

trackstar

Casting for the upcoming Blockbuster film "The Wilmotters"

June 2nd, 2009, 12:27 pm

Just to be clear, those alimony payments are for his real wives.Hamilton was a groundskeeper at Promises, Malibu when I met him.The marriage is a figment of his imagination.
Last edited by trackstar on April 29th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

June 2nd, 2009, 6:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: exotiqI haven't met most of the posters on this forum, so this is an initial jab to get the pot boiling, while of course exposing which side of the film pond I'm on...The Wilmotters, starring:Michael Caine as PaulColin Farrell as DCFCAlec Baldwin as MarsdenRussel Crowe as N (with Jodi Foster playing the younger N in drag)Chris Tucker as TraderJoeSean Connery as ppauperWalter Matthau as mdubuqueLucy Liu as quantstudent19More to come...This list is outdated, indeed. I have to say that it was made before the arrival of Trader Joe and he could have equalled Burton or Olivier were it no that .. Who will fill this great man's shoes?

Cuchulainn

June 2nd, 2009, 6:06 pm

QuoteThe noble N hath told you TJ was ambitious:If it were so, it was a grievous fault,And grievously hath TJ answer'd it.Here, under leave of ppauper and the rest—For ppauper is an honorable man;So are they all, all honorable men—
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 1st, 2009, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

June 2nd, 2009, 6:15 pm

KING LEAR: Meantime we shall express our darker purpose.(35) Give me the map there. Know that we have divided In three our kingdom: and 'tis our fast intent To shake all cares and business from our age; Conferring them on younger strengths, while we Unburthened crawl toward death. Our son of Cornwall,(40) And you, our no less loving son of Albany, We have this hour a constant will to publish Our daughters' several dowers, that future strife May be prevented now. The princes, France and Burgundy,(45) Great rivals in our youngest daughter's love, Long in our court have made their amorous sojourn, And here are to be answered. Tell me, my daughters,— Since now we will divest us both of rule, Interest of territory, cares of state,—(50) Which of you shall we say doth love us most? That we our largest bounty may extend Where nature doth with merit challenge. Goneril, Our eldest-born, speak first. GONERIL: Sir, I love you more than words can wield the(55) matter; Dearer than eyesight, space, and liberty; Beyond what can be valued, rich or rare; No less than life, with grace, health, beauty, honor; As much as child e'er loved, or father found;(60) A love that makes breath poor, and speech unable; Beyond all manner of so much I love you. CORDELIA: [Aside] What shall Cordelia do? Love, and be silent. LEAR: Of all these bounds, even from this line to this,(65) With shadowy forests and with champains riched, With plenteous rivers and wide-skirted meads, We make thee lady: to thine and Albany's issue Be this perpetual. What says our second daughter, Our dearest Regan, wife to Cornwall? Speak.(70) REGAN: Sir, I am made Of the self-same mettle that my sister is, And prize me at her worth. In my true heart I find she names my very deed of love; Only she comes too short: that I profess(75) Myself an enemy to all other joys, Which the most precious square of sense possesses; And find I am alone felicitate In your dear highness' love. CORDELIA: [Aside] Then poor Cordelia!(80) And yet not so; since, I am sure, my love's More richer than my tongue. KING LEAR: To thee and thine hereditary ever Remain this ample third of our fair kingdom; No less in space, validity, and pleasure,(85) Than that conferred on Goneril. Now, our joy, Although the last, not least; to whose young love The vines of France and milk of Burgundy Strive to be interest; what can you say to draw A third more opulent than your sisters? Speak.(90) CORDELIA: Nothing, my lord. KING LEAR: Nothing! CORDELIA: Nothing. KING LEAR: Nothing will come of nothing: speak again. CORDELIA: Unhappy that I am, I cannot heave(95) My heart into my mouth: I love your majesty According to my bond; nor more nor less. KING LEAR: How, how, Cordelia! mend your speech a little, Lest it may mar your fortunes. CORDELIA: Good my lord,(100) You have begot me, bred me, loved me: I Return those duties back as are right fit, Obey you, love you, and most honor you. Why have my sisters husbands, if they say They love you all? Haply, when I shall wed,(105) That lord whose hand must take my plight shall carry Half my love with him, half my care and duty: Sure, I shall never marry like my sisters, To love my father all. KING LEAR: But goes thy heart with this?(110) CORDELIA: Ay, good my lord. KING LEAR: So young, and so untender? CORDELIA: So young, my lord, and true. KING LEAR: Let it be so; thy truth, then, be thy dower: For, by the sacred radiance of the sun,(115) The mysteries of Hecate, and the night; By all the operation of the orbs From whom we do exist, and cease to be; Here I disclaim all my paternal care, Propinquity and property of blood,(120) And as a stranger to my heart and me Hold thee, from this, for ever. The barbarous Scythian, Or he that makes his generation messes To gorge his appetite, shall to my bosom Be as well neighbored, pitied, and relieved,(125) As thou my sometime daughter. KENT: Good my liege,— KING LEAR: Peace, Kent! Come not between the dragon and his wrath. I loved her most, and thought to set my rest(130) On her kind nursery. Hence, and avoid my sight! So be my grave my peace, as here I give Her father's heart from her! Call France; who stirs? Call Burgundy, Cornwall and Albany, With my two daughters' dowers digest this third (135) Let pride, which she calls plainness, marry her. I do invest you jointly with my power, Pre-eminence, and all the large effects That troop with majesty. Ourself, by monthly course, With reservation of an hundred knights,(140) By you to be sustained, shall our abode Make with you by due turns. Only we still retain The name, and all the additions to a king; The sway, revenue, execution of the rest, Beloved sons, be yours: which to confirm,(145) This coronet part betwixt you.
Last edited by trackstar on June 1st, 2009, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hamilton

June 2nd, 2009, 9:54 pm

But it was never about his money...My receivables runneth over..

Hamilton

June 2nd, 2009, 9:56 pm

Hamilton was a groundskeeper at Promises, Malibu when I met him.It sounds more refined that pool boy.

Hamilton

June 2nd, 2009, 9:57 pm

Michael Caine as PaulPaul should be played by Ewan McGregor

Hamilton

June 2nd, 2009, 10:03 pm

I'd also like to include a surprise extra cast member, from New York, whoappeared in Finding Forester

Hamilton

June 2nd, 2009, 10:19 pm

Quote Christian Bale: Am I going to walk around and rip your ------- lights down, in the middle of a scene? Then why the ---- are you walking right through? Ah-da-da-dah, like this in the background. What the ---- is it with you? What don't you ------- understand? You got any ------- idea about, hey, it's ------- distracting having somebody walking up behind Bryce in the middle of the ------- scene? Give me a ------- answer! What don't you get about it?Shane Hurlbut: I was looking at the light.Bale: Ohhhhh, goooood for you. And how was it? I hope it was ------- good, because it's useless now, isn't it?Hurlbut: OK.Bale: ----- sake man, you're amateur. McG, you got ------- something to say to this [expletive deleted]?Director Joseph 'McG' McGinty Nichol: I didn't see it happen.Bale: Well, somebody should be ------- watching and keeping an eye on him.McG: Fair enough.Bale: It's the second time that he doesn't give a ---- about what is going on in front of the camera, all right? I'm trying to ------- do a scene here, and I am going "Why the ---- is Shane walking in there? What is he doing there?" Do you understand my mind is not in the scene if you're doing that?Hurlbut: I absolutely apologise. I'm sorry, I did not mean anything by it.Bale: Stay off the ------- set man. For ----- sake. Alright, let's go again.McG: Let's just take a minute.Bale: Let's not take a ------- minute, let's go again.Bale: I'm going to ------- kick your ------- ass if you don't shut up for a second! All right?Unknown voices: Christian, Christian. It's cool.Bale: I'm going to go... Do you want me to ------- go trash your lights?Do you want me to ------- trash 'em? Then why are you trashing my scene?Hurlbut: I'm not trying to trash your scene.Bale: You are trashing my scene!Hurlbut: Christian, I was only...Bale: You do it one more ------- time and I ain't walking on this set if you're still hired. I'm ------- serious. You're a nice guy. You're a nice guy, but that don't ------- cut it when you're ------- around like this on set.

trackstar

June 2nd, 2009, 10:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: HamiltonHamilton was a groundskeeper at Promises, Malibu when I met him.It sounds more refined that pool boy.That position would pay well over six figures at Promises.
Last edited by trackstar on April 29th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hamilton

June 2nd, 2009, 11:01 pm

Promises reminds me of the Whispering Glades in Evelyn Waugh's The Loved One.

PaperCut

June 2nd, 2009, 11:05 pm

コピーして愚かがあり、実際にこれを翻訳するのに時間をかけたこ とを考えたらこのこれをコピーアンドペーストしなさい

trackstar

June 2nd, 2009, 11:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: PaperCutコピーして愚かがあり、実際にこれを翻訳するのに時間をかけたこ とを考えたらこのこれをコピーアンドペーストしなさい? Papercut?

daveangel

June 3rd, 2009, 6:12 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: HamiltonMichael Caine as PaulPaul should be played by Ewan McGregorSurely it would have to be Sir Ian McKellen ..
Last edited by daveangel on June 2nd, 2009, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

PaperCut

June 3rd, 2009, 12:19 pm

Sorry. I thought it was funny, but I think I posted it in the wrong thread.