SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

TraderJoe

India, a dream becoming reality

January 17th, 2006, 11:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: cosmologistQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: NamelessWonderHowever your own opinion is curiously absent let me help you out here.I don't think killing 10 million babies just because they're female is a good thingGreenspoon is Indian.(His profile). Namelesswonder,I am not sure. But then Indians out here on WILMOTT should BEHAVE like WORLD citizens.The beauty of this forum is that we expect everyone here to be intelligent,impartial,accurate,and incisive. Opinions should fly,not accusations. Where is the big deal in hanging your head in shame for 30 seconds,Mr. Greenspoon? 10 million lives and on top of that unarmed,innocent babies. BLOODY BARBARIANS, aren't they the most despicable human beings(those who killed the babies),baring a soft thought for the poorest of the poors who killed to avoid dowry(in India,the girl's family forks out money as dowry to be given to the groom so that the groom can feed himself well to fuck the girl and if necessary beat her. dowry can go up to millions of rupees/dollars. MITTAL might have given ten millions to his son-in-law ,may be I am guessing). Where is the point in being ridiculed by the world while trying to hide something which everybody knows. Greed,jealousy are two prime factors that have driven most of the Indians. Is there anyone who can dare to prove me wrong. The most corrupted nation,India,may be China is the first. Then India. But,both are like brothers. Everybody knows this. Where is the point in trying to deny it?CheersThe US is the most corrupt nation on Earth. I agree with NW.

cosmologist

January 18th, 2006, 6:22 am

I have a solution.Selective extermination of vast majority of people. COOL solution. So easy,I marvel at the idea. before the exercise begins I would like to buy futures on stocks of companies involved in lie detector and narco analysis tests.CHEERS
Last edited by cosmologist on January 17th, 2006, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

January 18th, 2006, 10:24 am

Hitler tried this. Didn't end well.

samudra
Topic Author

February 28th, 2006, 3:46 pm

The Indian economy is on a roll. Further the relation between India and US improves every day. US has no option but to ensure that India continues to grow so that it has a strong ally to counteract China. It is very obvious China is going to beat US in all areas of science and technology much sooner than expected. Europe is also courting India(apparent in Chirac's visit). Everything looks favorable for very high growth rate that can be sustained long term. For the first time I am having a feeling that we may even overtake China (a far shot as of now, but if US gets panicky of China's might, which I am almost certain is going to happen, it will invest heavily in India for sure).Will this be an Indian century? I am not sure but deep down in my heart I hope so.I love you India my motherland. We will be no 1 some day and I hope I will be alive to see that day.

zeta

February 28th, 2006, 3:54 pm

I think the small Pacific Island nation of Tonga will suprise us all yet

doreilly

February 28th, 2006, 3:58 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: samudraThe Indian economy is on a roll. Further the relation between India and US improves every day. US has no option but to ensure that India continues to grow so that it has a strong ally to counteract China. It is very obvious China is going to beat US in all areas of science and technology much sooner than expected. Europe is also courting India(apparent in Chirac's visit). Everything looks favorable for very high growth rate that can be sustained long term. For the first time I am having a feeling that we may even overtake China (a far shot as of now, but if US gets panicky of China's might, which I am almost certain is going to happen, it will invest heavily in India for sure).Will this be an Indian century? I am not sure but deep down in my heart I hope so.I love you India my motherland. We will be no 1 some day and I hope I will be alive to see that day.Bush in India: Just Not Welcome

doreilly

February 28th, 2006, 4:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: samudraThe Indian economy is on a roll. Further the relation between India and US improves every day. US has no option but to ensure that India continues to grow so that it has a strong ally to counteract China. It is very obvious China is going to beat US in all areas of science and technology much sooner than expected. Europe is also courting India(apparent in Chirac's visit). Everything looks favorable for very high growth rate that can be sustained long term. For the first time I am having a feeling that we may even overtake China (a far shot as of now, but if US gets panicky of China's might, which I am almost certain is going to happen, it will invest heavily in India for sure).Will this be an Indian century?I am not sure but deep down in my heart I hope so.I love you India my motherland. We will be no 1 some day and I hope I will be alive to see that day.Ask the ball While you are at it, you better get the skinny on Tonga

zeta

February 28th, 2006, 4:21 pm

Quote It is very obvious China is going to beat US in all areas of science and technology much sooner than expected. How is it obvious; do they have astronaut icecream? No, I didn't think so. I challenge you to name one area where they do [beat the US already] ED: I'm expecting the inevitable cultural miscomprehension of my humor to flow forth any moment
Last edited by zeta on February 27th, 2006, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samudra
Topic Author

February 28th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Z,Go to any top school in US. My conservative estimate is 40% graduate student in science/tech is from China and 20% from India. As China keeps on growing the number of Chinese student will sharply drop. US simply doesnt have the manpower to sustain science/tech growth and innovation. If Chinese and Indians student stop coming to US it will go bust in no time. In the forseeable future I see slight increase in number of Indians student but significant reduction in Chinese students coming to US. The epicenter of science and tech is shifting to Shanghai, Beijing, Bangalore and Hyderabad. Also some successful Chinese and Indian technologists and entrepreuner's are going back to China/India from US. This is just starting now but I think the exodus will become much more in coming years. The reverse brain drain is going to become significant (by the way I am telling this from personal experience I have freinds working in almost all the major tech companies in Silicon Valley).Also Mr Bush has committed the biggest blunder in centuries (Iraq war). The long term cost seems to be staggering. This will further hasten China's ascend to the top.The US story is over. The Asian Century or maybe many many centuries has just began.

cosmologist

March 1st, 2006, 10:13 am

Naxalites,communists armed comrades, are blasting their way through to the capital New Delhi. too much of inequality in India,samudra. your mother-land is bleeding. good luck,anyways. Please don't do estimations. you are not good at it.cheers

migalley

March 1st, 2006, 10:36 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: cosmologistNaxalites,communists armed comrades, are blasting their way through to the capital New Delhi. too much of inequality in India,samudra. your mother-land is bleeding. I agree! It is hard to believe that India is going to challenge US (armed forces or high-tech companies) when the Indian hinterland is such a shit-hole. Also there have been stories going around about suicides/depression in Indian call-centers due to the high level of abuse they get from the recipients of their calls in UK. If they can't handle a little friendly banter, hmmm, I think it will take a little while yet before India is ready to step up to the plate!

ppauper

March 1st, 2006, 2:02 pm

Poaching antelope lands the wild man of Bollywood in jail

ppauper

March 1st, 2006, 2:05 pm

US welcomes India in from cold

ppauper

March 1st, 2006, 2:07 pm

Attack kills 23 on India truck

ppauper

March 1st, 2006, 2:08 pm

Lion is party animal in Indian 'Sesame Street'
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On