SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

bearish

Re: Yalies no longer the great unwashed

March 13th, 2019, 9:42 pm

They certainly are, but my point was more along the lines of deeply involved. The likelihood of mom and dad (or some college consultant) changing your profile or fixing your test scores without your knowledge is pretty remote.

Cuchulainn

March 13th, 2019, 9:55 pm

They certainly are, but my point was more along the lines of deeply involved. The likelihood of mom and dad (or some college consultant) changing your profile or fixing your test scores without your knowledge is pretty remote.
Yes, the students are not innocent bystanders, One issue for me as MSc supervisor is how can I see that a thesis is fake? I do a Skype and then I know pretty quick. 

A follow-on; how many scientific articles are faked? How many of my books have been translated into Romanian and penned under a 'local' name?

katastrofa

March 18th, 2019, 1:52 am

Why Rich Parents Are More Likely to Be Unethical?

I've never been good at writing academic research grant applications: I'd simply ask "Why poor parents don't pay million dollar bribes?" - Because they are ethical!... No, sorry!

bearish

March 18th, 2019, 12:12 pm

The poor are more likely to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets, and steal bread, though, so maybe it balances out.

rmax

Yesterday, 1:11 pm

Why Rich Parents Are More Likely to Be Unethical?

I've never been good at writing academic research grant applications: I'd simply ask "Why poor parents don't pay million dollar bribes?" - Because they are ethical!... No, sorry!
It was written by a "moral psychologist" what did you expect?
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On