Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

samudra
Topic Author

hey sugar dads

March 30th, 2006, 9:07 pm

To all the sugar dad's here, how are you all doing. Narate your experiences(come on dont be shy ..... I mean this is a message group ..... you can talk to your buds heart to heart,I am sure your wife/girl friend or Lolita doesnt know you spill the beans now and then in Wilmott).Typically what is the minimum net worth of a sugar dad?Also given traders and investment bankers make so much more most of these species I assume may at point have enacted the role of a choco bar or have been through severe temptation and resulting torment from the snare of an eye candy.From the statisticians in this forum which profession is most prolific in churning out the honey pops?For bachelors and single guys like me what is the equivalent of sugar dads (since I dont work at all I am sure I will never qualify for this extraordinary honor but then one always wants to know the limits of possibilites and potential isnt it?)

PaperCut

hey sugar dads

March 30th, 2006, 10:57 pm

Sorry to disappoint, but while my net worth has gone up, down and sideways with frightening volatility, I have been with the same woman the whole time.

TraderJoe

hey sugar dads

March 30th, 2006, 11:47 pm

The more the merrier. Like Bill Gates is the ultimate sugar dad.

farmer

hey sugar dads

March 31st, 2006, 12:17 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: samudraFor bachelors and single guys like me what is the equivalent of sugar dadsI don't understand your question.

figaro

hey sugar dads

March 31st, 2006, 10:22 am

You mean, you want a wife, a girlfriend *and* a lolita?Two bits of advice:1. Start with one, and diversify your portfolio over time - but that is for guys who work in an IB and don't have time. If you don't work, good luck.2. Make sure their periods are not all on the same day. You want an even distribution of periods over the month. Crucial.If it works out, you can let the wife think you are with the girlfriend, let the girlfriend think you are with the wife and then you are free to do some maths. Not sure what lolita would be doing though...

DominicConnor

hey sugar dads

March 31st, 2006, 1:04 pm

Mrs. DCFC did a stint as a management consultant, and was for a while oft quoted in the personal finance pages.Her definition of "rich" used there was being able to write a cheque for a million, thus excluding your home and the business you own unless listed on an exchange

samudra
Topic Author

hey sugar dads

April 4th, 2006, 7:23 pm

I am really surprised (or shocked would be the right word probably) that we dont have any sugar quants. Oh boy all these maths seems to leave so little time for the real good stuff among our fellow brothers. I was talking to a French sugardad(atleast thats what he proudly proclaimed) and he told me that 90% of the rich men in France are sugar daddies and it is a well known and accepted fact (he even told that having a sweet candy is a matter of status symbol in France and there have been cases where wives have threatened divorce for those laggards who failed to establish themselves as sugar dads). Infact he was making fun of the "extremely dull boring upright" English bankers who are sycophants of there wives and dont have the capability and more importantly courage to humor, snare and bring under spell young beauty queens.Now please dont consider this email biased or that I have anything against British tigers per se. Just what I heard.But when I look at the leaders of these nations I suspect there may be some truth in what he said.Mr Blair is no doubt a whining puppy dog of his wife(he takes so many doggy roles , dog of Mr Bush, dog of his wife it can be so confusing at times). I dont know about Mr Chirac but Mr Mitterand created quite a furore long time back when he fondled and caressed his cutie Lolita in front of his approving wife to the envious shock of Indian politicians during his visit. DCFC,You mean to say Mrs DCFC implied British bankers are stinky scrooges and that is the reason why they never succeed as sugar dads? Mrs DCFC it seems to me is a very very intelligent lady to sugar coat such hyperboles and you must be a very smart (or maybe just goddamned lucky who knows) to get such a wife. Figaro,I like your swapping musical chair sugar dad algorithm. Farmer,What I meant was if you are single then the moniker sugar dad cant be applied to you. May be we can use the term "sugar boy" instead. Papercut,If you are one of those very very rare guys who have found the perfect wife, love etc etc then heartfelt congrats. On the other hand if you dont fit into the above classification and failed to apply dynamic hedging to your portfolio my sympathies for you and wish you good luck.

farmer

hey sugar dads

April 4th, 2006, 8:19 pm

Just talking about Europeans leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth.
Last edited by farmer on April 3rd, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mutley

hey sugar dads

April 5th, 2006, 8:40 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: samudra Infact he was making fun of the "extremely dull boring upright" English bankers who are sycophants of there wives and dont have the capability and more importantly courage to humor, snare and bring under spell young beauty queens.But when I look at the leaders of these nations I suspect there may be some truth in what he said.Christ, hearing stuff like that makes me rather happy to be on this side of the Channel. And Farmer, I wouldn't place money on this being strictly confined to Europe - Hugh Heffner's made an empire out of sugar daddyism.

Cuchulainn

hey sugar dads

April 5th, 2006, 4:28 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerJust talking about Europeans leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth.Well there is a solution to that problem

samudra
Topic Author

hey sugar dads

April 10th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Now that we have pondered a little bit about sugar dads (quants evidently failed miserable in this department given no response at all, or even worse they are panicking like crazy that there wives/gfs will find out) lets think about the sugary mommas and life in general.I have heard mostly hard hunk personal gym trainers, masseurs, sauna consultants, chippendale dancers gets the key to the bank vaults of the money candies. Life is such a paradox investment bankers/lawyers/buisness consultants work like dogs only to donate everything as sugar dads(or even worse as faithful husbands). There paramour become sugar mommas(or extremely bored wives) and give love, money whatever they have to the gym trainers, masseurs, sauna consultants, chippendale dancers (all these pep talk about pursuing management, banking, quant career is so much bullshit, look who is eating the cake!). A wise man will rather be a masseur than a quant(but then true wisdom is such a scarcity these days).
Last edited by samudra on April 9th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

hey sugar dads

April 10th, 2006, 9:46 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: farmerJust talking about Europeans leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth.Well there is a solution to that problemWas that funny in your own head ?

mutley

hey sugar dads

April 11th, 2006, 8:34 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: samudra Now that we have pondered a little bit about sugar dads Whoaaa, hold on a minute hot stuff - you're the one dreaming of a sugar dad - no one else really knows what the phuck you're on about. And your posts are getting more Cosmo-esque each time you post!

TraderJoe

hey sugar dads

April 11th, 2006, 11:59 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: mutleyQuoteOriginally posted by: samudra Now that we have pondered a little bit about sugar dads Whoaaa, hold on a minute hot stuff - you're the one dreaming of a sugar dad - no one else really knows what the phuck you're on about. And your posts are getting more Cosmo-esque each time you post!Compliments, compliments...

zeta

hey sugar dads

April 11th, 2006, 2:16 pm

what you want one and all is to fall in love and settle down with one good woman and work like the dickens at your marriage. I've been told that this is the cornerstone of indian society and they seem to be doing all right; what happened to marriage in the west? ED: did we get greedy?
Last edited by zeta on April 10th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.