Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ppauper

Happy Father's Day

June 21st, 2015, 4:40 pm

QuoteMany, many years ago when I was twenty-threeI was married to a widow who was pretty as could beThis widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of redMy father fell in love with her and soon they too were wedThis made my dad my son-in-law and really changed my lifeFor now my daughter was my mother, 'cause she was my father's wifeAnd to complicate the matter, even though it brought me joyI soon became the father of a bouncing baby boyMy little baby then became a brother-in-law to dadAnd so became my uncle, though it made me very sadFor if he were my uncle, then that also made him brotherOf the widow's grownup daughter, who was of course my step-motherFather's wife then had a son who kept them on the runAnd he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's sonMy wife is now my mother's mother and it makes me blueBecause although she is my wife, she's my grandmother tooNow if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchildAnd every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild'Cause now I have become the strangest 'case you ever sawAs husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpaI'm my own grandpa, I'm my own grandpaIt sounds funny, I know but it really is soI'm my own grandpa

ppauper

Happy Father's Day

June 21st, 2015, 4:40 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarNot only the Solstice today, but also Father's Day!To all who know that they are fathers and to those who don't as well. :Denjoy both

tags

Re: Happy Father's Day

June 20th, 2021, 7:35 pm

so guys, great pasta necklaces again this year ?