Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

PaperCut
Topic Author

Another Annoying Aspect of Bloomberg

September 20th, 2006, 12:22 am

I find the Bloomberg screens more or less easy to look at. Their website, however, even though it is the same orange-on-black color scheme, really bugs the shit our of me.

zeta

September 21st, 2006, 11:09 am

write your congressman. Could you also ask to get Tab back, current diet sodas suck

tags

May 13th, 2013, 12:00 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: PaperCutI find the Bloomberg screens more or less easy to look at. Their website, however, even though it is the same orange-on-black color scheme, really bugs the shit our of me.Happily, their website has made great progress since 2006!

tags

May 13th, 2013, 12:01 pm

Bloomberg Admits Terminal SnoopingQuoteThe company acknowledged that at least one reporter had gained access to information on Goldman Sachs (...)

ppauper

May 13th, 2013, 12:57 pm

I like Tab also

katastrofa

May 13th, 2013, 1:21 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardBloomberg Admits Terminal SnoopingQuoteThe company acknowledged that at least one reporter had gained access to information on Goldman Sachs (...)And when you gaze long into a Bloomberg terminal, the Bloomberg terminal also gazes into you.

tags

May 13th, 2013, 7:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI like the quotes during login. Last week there was one that made me laught about novels inside reporters -but I can't remember the exact words-.This is not your best post, outrun. LOL I'm kidding you!

tags

Re: Another Annoying Aspect of Bloomberg

March 9th, 2021, 10:45 am

Is there a not-well known trick to identify who are people behind their identification numbers in the IB, please?

ExSan

March 9th, 2021, 2:01 pm

I like Tab also
What happened with ppauper? is he alive, still? 
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

tags

April 2nd, 2021, 10:11 am

Cuchulainn

April 2nd, 2021, 2:15 pm

yeah, all those sports heroes, like getting a blue from Oxford or a pink in judo from TCD (like Samuel Beckett did).

BTW quite a few traders who take my online courses do Brazilian jujutsu, Mai-Tai, kicking stuff and normal boxing. There's a pattern.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfIgA-PYyQ

bearish

April 2nd, 2021, 5:10 pm

yeah, all those sports heroes, like getting a blue from Oxford or a pink in judo from TCD (like Samuel Beckett did).

BTW quite a few traders who take my online courses do Brazilian jujutsu, Mai-Tai, kicking stuff and normal boxing. There's a pattern.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfIgA-PYyQ

Out of those I definitely prefer Mai Tai. Although if hitting needs to be involved, a punch, preferably made with dark rum and a grating of nutmeg, as they make it in Grenada.

katastrofa

April 3rd, 2021, 1:34 am

Doesn't sub-7-min leave a lot of space for pretty average runners?
Still, she looks really fit! Great legs!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDmHPBFxLqU

She's saying that "a lot of big platforms that can trade across asset classes have mechanistic stop losses whereas one of the things the team and i have already focused on is making sure that when there's a dislocation we are prepared to not just double down but tripe down when the facts and circumstances support that".
I have a phylosafi... (damn!) question: para mi, the market belongs to the same universality class of complex systems which I modelled in physics and social sciences (animal populations, societies, crystals with very complex physics, etc.). They generally exist at the border of the deterministic chaos - partly random and partly constrained by strong interactions. Their mathematics disregards the nature of "facts and circumstances" - if you poke them beyond some threshold, they will roll according to (one of) the trajectories in their phase space - no way back. Where does the "reasonable" part sounding in the above quote come from? At first, I'd suspect it's some sort an illusion coming from survivor bias.

BTW, if one figures out the trigger mechanisms (like reversing the seed of RNG based on numbers it returns) and try to game them, no?

(I hope I can edit this post after I manage to get some sleep...)