SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 2:06 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3I posted that as an example of an 'idiotic' argument that is clearly false.Most of your posts fall into that category

gardener3

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 2:44 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3How to debate like ppauper in three easy steps:QUESTION:Does or does not Mohammed tell muslims to kill dogs ? and the answer appears to be YES: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------From BukhariVol. 4, #540 - Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: Allah's Apostle ordered that the dogs should be killed.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------QUESTION: Is the bible sexist?and the answer appears to be YES: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------From Corinthians 11:3 *But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dibble

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 2:52 pm

In the spirit of Citadel, can we kill off one thread a week. I nominate this one

Cuchulainn

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 2:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: dibbleIn the spirit of Citadel, can we kill off one thread a week. I nominate this oneSeconded. This thread stinks. Who's for, who's against? Vote
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 10th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Approach your problem from the right end and begin with the answers. Then one day, perhaps you will find the final question..
R. van Gulik

dibble

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 3:02 pm

Yea (rhymes with Nay)

Cuchulainn

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Yea

Approach your problem from the right end and begin with the answers. Then one day, perhaps you will find the final question..
R. van Gulik

gardener3

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 3:16 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: dibbleIn the spirit of Citadel, can we kill off one thread a week. I nominate this oneSeconded. This thread stinks. Who's for, who's against? VoteIf you look at some of the other threads, it is full of racists posts, some people even remarking about how all muslims should be killed. Here is an idiotic thread about muslims stinking and steorotyping muslims being violent and in this case killing (of course) innocent little puppies. Well, at this point I got sick and tired of all the racist remarks and the stereotyping and deciced to stand up and show how all of this is idiotic. I held up a mirror and showed how it is not religion per se but people commiting violent acts, and I used christianity (and yes there are orthodox, lutherans, etc. guess what islam also has its own sects as well) as an example. And now suddenly now you have a problem with it. Why did you not say anyting about other threads when people were posting about getting rid of all muslims, or making racist remarks? You get pissed of when its your own religion that's involved, right?My grandfather used to say don't argue with idiots, others may not be able to tell the difference. well that seems to be happening in this case, so I'll sign off, until the next time I get really pissed off.

dibble

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 3:23 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: dibbleIn the spirit of Citadel, can we kill off one thread a week. I nominate this oneSeconded. This thread stinks. Who's for, who's against? VoteIf you look at some of the other threads, it is full of racists posts, some people even remarking about how all muslims should be killed. Here is an idiotic thread about muslims stinking and steorotyping muslims being violent and in this case killing (of course) innocent little puppies. Well, at this point I got sick and tired of all the racist remarks and the stereotyping and deciced to stand up and show how all of this is idiotic. I held up a mirror and showed how it is not religion per se but people commiting violent acts, and I used christianity (and yes there are orthodox, lutherans, etc. guess what islam also has its own sects as well) as an example. And now suddenly now you have a problem with it. Why did you not say anyting about other threads when people were posting about getting rid of all muslims, or making racist remarks? You get pissed of when its your own religion that's involved, right?My grandfather used to say don't argue with idiots, others may not be able to tell the difference. well that seems to be happening in this case, so I'll sign off, until the next time I get really pissed off.So that would be a Yea, right ?

zeta

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Your grandfather was right in some respects, but I hope had the humility to admit that even he wasn't right all the timeI appreciate (even as a christian) some of the things you have to say gardener3, let's go mano e mano some other time, some other place on a topic of your choosing

gardener3

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 3:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: dibbleQuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: dibbleIn the spirit of Citadel, can we kill off one thread a week. I nominate this oneSeconded. This thread stinks. Who's for, who's against? VoteIf you look at some of the other threads, it is full of racists posts, some people even remarking about how all muslims should be killed. Here is an idiotic thread about muslims stinking and steorotyping muslims being violent and in this case killing (of course) innocent little puppies. Well, at this point I got sick and tired of all the racist remarks and the stereotyping and deciced to stand up and show how all of this is idiotic. I held up a mirror and showed how it is not religion per se but people commiting violent acts, and I used christianity (and yes there are orthodox, lutherans, etc. guess what islam also has its own sects as well) as an example. And now suddenly now you have a problem with it. Why did you not say anyting about other threads when people were posting about getting rid of all muslims, or making racist remarks? You get pissed of when its your own religion that's involved, right?My grandfather used to say don't argue with idiots, others may not be able to tell the difference. well that seems to be happening in this case, so I'll sign off, until the next time I get really pissed off.So that would be a Yea, right ?Yes, that's yea, assuming we hold the same poll for all threads with stupid racist remarks.

dibble

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 3:39 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3Yes, that's yea, assuming we hold the same poll for all threads with stupid racist remarks.I agree, I think we are sorely lacking some mechanism where if x percent (or some other means) of people would like to see a thread deleted, then it should be deleted or least moved to a “trashcan” similar to the good folks over at n.p.

gardener3

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 3:46 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: zetaYour grandfather was right in some respects, but I hope had the humility to admit that even he wasn't right all the timeI appreciate (even as a christian) some of the things you have to say gardener3, let's go mano e mano some other time, some other place on a topic of your choosingLook I am agnostic with respect to religion. I could care less about the bible or the quran, but I do have problem when people start making racist comments and talk about killing a group of people. As I said to Cuchulainn, the comments I made about christianity were idiotic (I don't think sarcasm tanslates well over the internet). They were meant to be idiotic to show how the comments of ppauper lack logic (perhaps I should just ignore him instead) If you are referring to the comments about the bible being sexist, I was trying to point out that taking a random passage (taking it of the larger context) and giving it a narrow interpretation is clearly wrong. So I was actually arguing against the bible being sexist. I don't think my sarcasm or my point translated well. Anyhew, apologies if this was misinterpreted, it was clearly not the intention - which you would see if you read my posts carefully.
Last edited by gardener3 on October 19th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeta

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 3:57 pm

g3, I took no offence, I got it

Cuchulainn

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 4:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: dibbleQuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3Yes, that's yea, assuming we hold the same poll for all threads with stupid racist remarks.I agree, I think we are sorely lacking some mechanism where if x percent (or some other means) of people would like to see a thread deleted, then it should be deleted or least moved to a “trashcan” similar to the good folks over at n.p.Dibble,Let's be original and call it the 'DUMP'

R. van Gulik

zeta

UK going to the dogs

October 11th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Nobody cares for everyhting they read, we all have our own opinions, but is forum 'natural selection' just censorship? Maybe I'm just concerned b/c I'd probably be the first off the island
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On