Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

flairplay
Topic Author

Poster posts record posts

October 12th, 2006, 5:47 am

A man in Canada has beaten the record of most new posts on a single website forum in a 24 hours period.Ppauper of Ontario Canada posted 103,500 messages on a website devoted to quantitative finance. This beat the previous record by a whopping 103, 473. Critics dismissed the award. Said "Gardener", a fellow poster, "The website is about quantitative finance, but PPuaper's posts have nothing to do with it. They are just random collections of bizarre trivia. The actual content of his posts is less than any epsilon you can think of."Ppauer, while accepting the award, launched a scathing attack on his critics. "They know nothing and are just jealous. My output is prodigious and prolific and my vision is eclectic."When asked about critcism that his posts are not about quantitative finance he guffawed, "What would they know who only Quantitative Finance know? I posted 103,500 messages in 24 hours on a QF site. That is quantity, and it is on a finance site. QED!"

madmax

October 12th, 2006, 3:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayA man in Canada has beaten the record of most new posts on a single website forum in a 24 hours period.Ppauper of Ontario Canada posted 103,500 messages on a website devoted to quantitative finance. This beat the previous record by a whopping 103, 473. Critics dismissed the award. Said "Gardener", a fellow poster, "The website is about quantitative finance, but PPuaper's posts have nothing to do with it. They are just random collections of bizarre trivia. The actual content of his posts is less than any epsilon you can think of."Ppauer, while accepting the award, launched a scathing attack on his critics. "They know nothing and are just jealous. My output is prodigious and prolific and my vision is eclectic."When asked about critcism that his posts are not about quantitative finance he guffawed, "What would they know who only Quantitative Finance know? I posted 103,500 messages in 24 hours on a QF site. That is quantity, and it is on a finance site. QED!"This is probably one of the best posts ever in Off-Topic.

gardener3

October 12th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Last edited by gardener3 on October 11th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

almosteverywhere

October 12th, 2006, 6:26 pm

He needs to make a pseudo-motivational video about success as a "mental transformation" and spam it out to every IB in North America.

TraderJoe

October 12th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Where's ppauper to accept the award ?

mutley

October 13th, 2006, 7:58 am

He exploded 800m under a mountain in North Korea

Cuchulainn

October 13th, 2006, 6:22 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeWhere's ppauper to accept the award ? Before you get all excited, you cannot get award without having starred in a blockbuster movieWilmott, the MovieI suggest you direct and produce it... (that will keep you busy for a while)Mutley can do the choreography
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 12th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

October 13th, 2006, 9:24 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeWhere's ppauper to accept the award ? Before you get all excited, you cannot get award without having starred in a blockbuster movieWilmott, the MovieI suggest you direct and produce it... (that will keep you busy for a while)Thanks Cuch, but I will politely decline your sterling offer - I have a more lucrative offer elsewhere .PS - I see your old mate Ian Paisley is mellowing out in his old age (80 or so and still counting ...)

flairplay
Topic Author

October 21st, 2006, 1:08 pm

Maybe they could invite Osama Bin Laden to play PPpauper in the film. Sometimes I think PP is actually hiding in the mountains of Tora Bora and surfing the internet for clues for about other cultures' failings. It is so OBL.Therefore I think OBL would do the method acting well, as he would have a fine insight into the psychology of being negatively obsessed with someone else's culture.

ppauper

October 21st, 2006, 1:49 pm

sorry, sean connery has already got the part, with brad pitt cast as the young pp.

flairplay
Topic Author

October 22nd, 2006, 5:33 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppaupersorry, sean connery has already got the part, with brad pitt cast as the young pp.Hmm, but they are just wuss actors. Don't you want someone similar to represent you. Someone who types away hidden behind a keyboard is better respresented by someone who utters similar pronouncements hidden away in Tora Bora.You deserve better - you shall get better.

TraderJoe

October 22nd, 2006, 10:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayQuoteOriginally posted by: ppaupersorry, sean connery has already got the part, with brad pitt cast as the young pp.Hmm, but they are just wuss actors. Don't you want someone similar to represent you. Someone who types away hidden behind a keyboard is better respresented by someone who utters similar pronouncements hidden away in Tora Bora.You deserve better - you shall get better.Indeed.

flairplay
Topic Author

January 26th, 2008, 12:39 pm

I think he has beaten his own record since.