Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

mencey

Grameen Bank and its founder win Nobel Peace Prize

October 24th, 2006, 9:37 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3QuoteOriginally posted by: menceyIs that the difference between our skin colours give you the right to talk about it whitout being a racist while my skin colour convert me automatically in a racist?No, mencey, you being a dumb-ass and making racist remarks makes you a racist...So you see that's what I am saying!!!! If I talk about it I am a racist, if you do you are cool. Good to know. I am not concerned of having making any racist remarks due to the fact that I have been talking about cultures. For instance I do not like the arab culture but neither the German one. Does this comment make me a racist?Maybe you should review history a little bit and then probably you will start to realize that for instance, arabs and african blacks where at least as much responsible (if not more) of slavery than the "white man". Indeed if you look at the world today the places where slavery continues are in muslim dominated areas mainly in northen africa and mainly between arabs and blacks. Therefore I am double surprised than when a white man talk about it is a racist, when men of other "colours" talk about it they are not!!!And to end this useless discussion about wether I am or not a racist,... I am not aware of making a racist comment but I can tell you that I am extremely allergic to those who uses the colour of their skin as an excuse.
Last edited by mencey on October 23rd, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flairplay

October 25th, 2006, 12:59 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperAnd I fail to see why you injected all this in a thread just because I asked if Grameen was sharia compliant.Hahahah, and that's a lie if ever I heard one!Good one though....:-)PS: About the same response as a paedophile saying he only wanted to comfort a child. Too much other evidence to the contrary here I'm afraid PPpauper! Your simple motives are visible miles away.

migalley

October 25th, 2006, 1:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayPS: About the same response as a paedophile saying he only wanted to comfort a child.Is that so? And how would you know?

ppauper

October 25th, 2006, 1:08 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperAnd I fail to see why you injected all this in a thread just because I asked if Grameen was sharia compliant.Hahahah, and that's a lie if ever I heard one!Good one though....Just how psychotic are you:let's retrace this thread:post 1): Marsden: http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peac ... press.html post 2): TJ: Bravo !!post 3): pp: since bangladesh is dar islam, were these loans sharia compliant ? and then you arrived on the scene Quote About the same response as a paedophile saying he only wanted to comfort a child.on a completely unrelated matter, is that what mohammed told aisha ?

Hamilton

October 26th, 2006, 12:57 am

About the same response as a paedophile saying he only wanted to comfort a child. Too much other evidence to the contrary here I'm afraid PPpauper! Your simple motives are visible miles away.You seem fairly juvenile. Acne medication may help.

Marsden
Topic Author

October 26th, 2006, 3:33 am

(Nancy, I don't think he meant the comment on pedophiles as an attack on the Catholic Church. I can see how that would be confusing, though.)

flairplay

October 26th, 2006, 5:16 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: HamiltonAbout the same response as a paedophile saying he only wanted to comfort a child. Too much other evidence to the contrary here I'm afraid PPpauper! Your simple motives are visible miles away.You seem fairly juvenile. Acne medication may help.I'll try the acne medication.

ppauper

December 4th, 2010, 9:20 am

Bangladeshi micro-credit pioneer Grameen Bank has described as "total fabrication" claims the institution diverted nearly $100m of aid cash.