Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Hamilton

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE WORKED ALONGSIDE MUSLIMS?

October 25th, 2006, 5:06 pm

QuoteThis craving for the Klingon replacement of childhood years seems to be unquenchable. And does it say something about the state of mental development in these guys....QuoteShe had two children in quick succession, both of whom were so severely handicapped that they would be bedridden for the rest of their short lives and would require nursing 24 hours a day. (For fear of giving offense, the press almost never alludes to the extremely high rate of genetic illnesses among the offspring of consanguineous marriages.) Her husband, deciding that the blame for the illnesses was entirely hers, and not wishing to devote himself to looking after such useless creatures, left her, divorcing her after Islamic custom. Her family ostracized her, having concluded that a woman whose husband had left her must have been to blame and was the next thing to a whore. She threw herself off a cliff, but was saved by a ledge.When Islam breaks down by Theodore Dalrymple, Prison Psychiatrist

Hamilton

October 25th, 2006, 5:07 pm

QuotePeople grow angry when faced with an intractable dilemma; they lash out. Whenever I have described in print the cruelties my young Muslim patients endure, I receive angry replies: I am either denounced outright as a liar, or the writer acknowledges that such cruelties take place but are attributable to a local culture, in this case Punjabi, not to Islam, and that I am ignorant not to know it.

Marsden

October 25th, 2006, 5:37 pm

More breakdowns

TraderJoe

October 25th, 2006, 9:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeI've worked with Muslims - in the UK and in their home country once. They're always going off to pray or fasting or missing work or lectures for some reason or another...And the ones who dont are the ones u probably dont notice. My own experience is that there are all kinds of Muslims, the good, the bad and the ugly. And in the same proportions as anywhere else. In fact I have seen rather more of the good type, but that is because I generally prefer goodies to baddies. So that would also apply to my non Muslim friends.I think the anti Muslim types here should go watch some Star Wars films instead - now that they realise Klingons dont exist, they need to create their own. One age it is African people, another it is Italian immigrants, another is Jewish immigrants, goes on and on.Question: Since when did our black friends in Africa, the peace loving gentle Jewish race or the Itais for that matter ever blow up the World Trade Centre, kill over 50 innocent people commuting to work in London, kill again innocents in Madrid, Kenya, Bali etc. etc.Answer: Never.You (Muslims) are the ones at fault, my friend (s).Not the Africans, Italians or Jewish people. Nor our Christian brothers, Buddhists or Hindus.Just you.Own it.
Last edited by TraderJoe on October 25th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

October 25th, 2006, 10:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayFor the record, I don't think muslims are normal, and refuse to work, live, play or have anything to do with the bastards.Well, at least that's honest and open. But why dont you call your HR group and offer them your opinion. What do you think would be the reaction? What level is your honesty and courage? Enough to share your views and lose your job?.One of my HR group was killed on a train in London, blown to bits by so-called moslems. The rest of the group aren't that sympathetic anymore. Capiche ?
Last edited by TraderJoe on October 25th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

October 25th, 2006, 10:06 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenMore breakdownsInstead of criticising, why don't you help them ? Is it because they are infidels? Your religion is truly sick.

Hamilton

October 25th, 2006, 10:32 pm

My own experience is that there are all kinds of MuslimsPlease share your thoughts on:(1) Female circumcision(2) The slave trade in Africa(3) Gang rapes in Europe.

gardener3

October 25th, 2006, 11:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayFor the record, I don't think muslims are normal, and refuse to work, live, play or have anything to do with the bastards.Well, at least that's honest and open. But why dont you call your HR group and offer them your opinion. What do you think would be the reaction? What level is your honesty and courage? Enough to share your views and lose your job?.One of my HR group was killed on a train in London, blown to bits by so-called moslems. The rest of the group aren't that sympathetic anymore. Capiche ?Yes, and I lost a friend on 9/11. He was working in of the towers. He was muslim. Really nice guy. Whats' your point?
Last edited by gardener3 on October 25th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gardener3

October 25th, 2006, 11:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeI've worked with Muslims - in the UK and in their home country once. They're always going off to pray or fasting or missing work or lectures for some reason or another...And the ones who dont are the ones u probably dont notice. My own experience is that there are all kinds of Muslims, the good, the bad and the ugly. And in the same proportions as anywhere else. In fact I have seen rather more of the good type, but that is because I generally prefer goodies to baddies. So that would also apply to my non Muslim friends.I think the anti Muslim types here should go watch some Star Wars films instead - now that they realise Klingons dont exist, they need to create their own. One age it is African people, another it is Italian immigrants, another is Jewish immigrants, goes on and on.Question: Since when did our black friends in Africa, the peace loving gentle Jewish race or the Itais for that matter ever blow up the World Trade Centre, kill over 50 innocent people commuting to work in London, kill again innocents in Madrid, Kenya, Bali etc. etc.Answer: Never.You (Muslims) are the ones at fault, my friend (s).Not the Africans, Italians or Jewish people. Nor our Christian brothers, Buddhists or Hindus.Just you.Own it.you mean just the way you are owning Timothy McVeigh. what have you done to own up?

Hamilton

October 26th, 2006, 12:53 am

he problem with your view here is that it contradicts your own assertions and those of Hamilton,Hmmm.Could you elucidate, for the tv audience back home in NASCAR country, what Hamilton's assertions are?

Marsden

October 26th, 2006, 3:28 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuestion: Since when did our black friends in Africa, the peace loving gentle Jewish race or the Itais for that matter ever blow up the World Trade Centre, kill over 50 innocent people commuting to work in London, kill again innocents in Madrid, Kenya, Bali etc. etc.Answer: Never.You (Muslims) are the ones at fault, my friend (s).Not the Africans, Italians or Jewish people. Nor our Christian brothers, Buddhists or Hindus.Just you.Own it.Uh ...Nelson Mandela was labeled a terrorist by one Dick Cheney once upon a time. This -- like most of Dickless' pronouncements -- had no basis in fact, but there were no small number of violent reactions by South African blacks to Apartheid. Also, there were myriad resistances to colonialism in Africa that would no doubt have been labeled "terrorism" had they occurred today, and no doubt many of them would quite willingly have committed greater acts of violence against the colonial nations had the means been available.You should read sometime the eloquent description by an Italian bomber pilot of the aesthetic beauty of a bomb exploding amidst a group of Ethiopian horsemen during Italy's conqust of that nation just prior to WWII.As to the "peace loving gentle Jewish race," you should look to the Irgun website to see the proud recounting of such atrocities as bombs set off in the midst of Arab marketplaces and shooting Arab workers at busstops during the Palestinian Mandate period. And if you want something more current, see how often in press accounts, even though they are heavily censored, it comes out that in IDF "retaliatory strikes" into the Occupied Territories the Israelis "incidentally" managed to destroy water infrastructure. And you should look up exactly what Ketziot/Ansar III, Ofer, and Megiddo are.And Hindus! Have you any idea in what violent struggle suicide bombing first took hold?Did you type your comments with your ass, TJ, or were you just thinking with it?

Marsden

October 26th, 2006, 3:30 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenMore breakdownsInstead of criticising, why don't you help them ? Is it because they are infidels? Your religion is truly sick.What??! I have no religion, nimrod. Anyway, the term you are dancing around is "enabling."

flairplay
Topic Author

October 26th, 2006, 5:13 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayFor the record, I don't think muslims are normal, and refuse to work, live, play or have anything to do with the bastards.Well, at least that's honest and open. But why dont you call your HR group and offer them your opinion. What do you think would be the reaction? What level is your honesty and courage? Enough to share your views and lose your job?.One of my HR group was killed on a train in London, blown to bits by so-called moslems. The rest of the group aren't that sympathetic anymore. Capiche ?I am truly sorry to hear about the individual in your HR group. I can also understand if the rest of the group are not sympathetic anymore - though strong minded individuals must try to fight general hatred.The the term prejudice comes from pre-judgement, to form a judgement without knowing detail. Since individuals are often different, to form views on what an individual is like without knowing them is the definition of prejudice.Just as one cannot say that all women are the same, all Christians the same, all Americans the same, all agnostics the same, it is MATHEMATICALLY SPEAKING such an outlandish proposal to suggest that 1,200,000,000 indiviudals born in a Muslim culture are all the same. Or that they aspire to doing what those suicide bombers did - who were murderers, nothing more.To try and defend this prejudice by cooking up false facts like some people do here is truly sad. No, Muslims are not asked to kill infidels. No Muslims are not encouraged to kill people not their own faith. No, Islam did not spread by forcing people to change their religion under the sword (in fact, that was one of it's appeals that by and large it did not try to force individuals). Many lands under Islamic rule maintained their own religions, and in fact people of different faiths thrived. From Moorish Spain to India, the ruling Muslims did not speak to impose their religion on others.As well, during the Crusades, while the Crusaders turned the word of Jesus Christ upside down by murdering all Jews and Muslims in their wake, the Muslims reponded mostly with chivalry. They had respect for non combatants, and their lives.This much is all historical fact. To deny this is perverse, and then to assert that Islam tells people to kill non Muslims just reveals sheer illogical hatred.The problem for you is that you guys will ultimately lose this debate, even if takes 10-20 years. The third Reich lasted only 12 years, rather than the thousand esposued by its leader, and his attempe subjugate the Jewish community in the end met with failure. So it will be when someone else wreaks hatred on a whole group.Even more worryingly for others here, extreme behaviours of all kinds are followed by extreme behaviours of the other kind. McCarthyism was followed by the liberal 1960's, and extreme left views. As one extreme behavious is shown to be overstating the case, it is soon followed by its antithesis. The pendulum keeps swinging.And as far as I can see, it alread has started swinging back - the first signs are there.

cosmologist

October 26th, 2006, 5:37 am

Dear Marsden,I am surprised that a man like you ( educated, exposed to the world of senses etc) has such flawed line of reasoning to back your assertions. Anyways, there is nothing to talk positive about Islam, any more. I am sorry to say this. The form of Islam that is practised in most of the countries today, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nigeria , Bangladesh, Mongolia (they have resurrected the rapist Chenges Khan and have m,ade him a national hero), Trukey included ( I have omitted the rabid middle east ones), IS not the form which it was supposed to be practised in the first place.I have stated earlier that the fanatics have taken over because, they are scared that they are losing their grip over the society as a whole. They just want all the attention, nothing else. This form of Islam will not survive for long.You should probably be the last person to pass any judgement on Hindus, Sikhs, etc. Speak only when you are asked to, on certain topics. How many friends have you got those who are devout Hindus or Sikhs? How many pages of a Hindu scripture have you ever read?cheersCosmo 'the cosmic fucker'

flairplay
Topic Author

October 26th, 2006, 6:45 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: cosmologistDear Marsden,I am surprised that a man like you ( educated, exposed to the world of senses etc) has such flawed line of reasoning to back your assertions. Anyways, there is nothing to talk positive about Islam, any more. I am sorry to say this. The form of Islam that is practised in most of the countries today, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nigeria , Bangladesh, Mongolia (they have resurrected the rapist Chenges Khan and have m,ade him a national hero), Trukey included ( I have omitted the rabid middle east ones), IS not the form which it was supposed to be practised in the first place.I have stated earlier that the fanatics have taken over because, they are scared that they are losing their grip over the society as a whole. They just want all the attention, nothing else. This form of Islam will not survive for long.You should probably be the last person to pass any judgement on Hindus, Sikhs, etc. Speak only when you are asked to, on certain topics. How many friends have you got those who are devout Hindus or Sikhs? How many pages of a Hindu scripture have you ever read?cheersCosmo 'the cosmic fucker'You are right in that there is nothing positive to talk about the crazy fantical Islam that hits the Western press. As well, many Islamic countries have problems with fanatacism - resulting from poverty, ignorance and demaogoguery.Nevertheless, the blanket generalisation is over stating the case. Pakistan, despite the presence of a militant under ground right wing subversive movement, installed primarily by the ex military dicatator Zia ul Haq in response to American plans to stalemate the USSR in Afghanistan - and a legacy of it, has reasonably open debate in the press. The majority of people there are not suicidal bombers and their ilk.The same goes for India. It is now truly coming of age in terms of potential. Despite the zeal of some misplaced Hindu fanatics, Shiv Sena, Bal Thackery and the like, India is not a rabidly anti Muslim country. The saner voice there are in favour of modernisation and living in the real world, and having respect for people of different cultures.It is also rather terrible to paint 1.2 billion of the world's population as those bent on killing others dissimilar to them. It is simply not true. The problem is that extremist mullahs manage to get a small proportion of people living in these lands convinced that Westerners truly deplore them and will never see anything good about them. The sad thing is that when moderates step and say that is not true, counter exmaples can easily be found.Just look at this forum.In contrast, no one goes around and says all Christians are terrorists because Christian Serbs slaughtered 7,000 Muslim men in cold blood in Kosovo in th emid 1990's or because Christian militia men slaughtered 1,600 innocent people, mostly women and children, in the Saabra Shatila camps in Lebabon in 1982.No one says it, because it is simply utrageous to take the extremism of a small number of people and hold it agains the whole group from which they originated.To be honest, it is the easy and soft minded trap to fall into.