Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

flairplay

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 12:38 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenI'm guessing that migalley is a Westerner rather than a Muslim, so that counts quite a bit in their favor/against us.And that's not Ahmadinejad's butt, actually. Say "hi" to your mom for me. So it's a picture of Khomeini's butt then?I don't think I'll pass on your greetings to my mom, she would be offended and horrified that a muslim lover was even thinking of saying hi to her.Yes, it's true I'm not a muslim. The luckiest break I ever had!!! I give thanks every day that I'm not a muslim. Hahaha, and they probably thank themselves you are not one of them!:-)

migalley

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 12:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenI'm guessing that migalley is a Westerner rather than a Muslim, so that counts quite a bit in their favor/against us.And that's not Ahmadinejad's butt, actually. Say "hi" to your mom for me. So it's a picture of Khomeini's butt then?I don't think I'll pass on your greetings to my mom, she would be offended and horrified that a muslim lover was even thinking of saying hi to her.Yes, it's true I'm not a muslim. The luckiest break I ever had!!! I give thanks every day that I'm not a muslim. Hahaha, and they probably thank themselves you are not one of them!:-)Does that mean I won't get beheaded? Somehow I think not!

flairplay

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 12:52 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenI'm guessing that migalley is a Westerner rather than a Muslim, so that counts quite a bit in their favor/against us.And that's not Ahmadinejad's butt, actually. Say "hi" to your mom for me. So it's a picture of Khomeini's butt then?I don't think I'll pass on your greetings to my mom, she would be offended and horrified that a muslim lover was even thinking of saying hi to her.Yes, it's true I'm not a muslim. The luckiest break I ever had!!! I give thanks every day that I'm not a muslim. Hahaha, and they probably thank themselves you are not one of them!:-)Does that mean I won't get beheaded? Somehow I think not!Hahaha, I did know you are scared of something! Do you think most Muslims want to behead non Muslims? Odd viewpoint, no?

migalley

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 12:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenI'm guessing that migalley is a Westerner rather than a Muslim, so that counts quite a bit in their favor/against us.And that's not Ahmadinejad's butt, actually. Say "hi" to your mom for me. So it's a picture of Khomeini's butt then?I don't think I'll pass on your greetings to my mom, she would be offended and horrified that a muslim lover was even thinking of saying hi to her.Yes, it's true I'm not a muslim. The luckiest break I ever had!!! I give thanks every day that I'm not a muslim. Hahaha, and they probably thank themselves you are not one of them!:-)Does that mean I won't get beheaded? Somehow I think not!Hahaha, I did know you are scared of something! Do you think most Muslims want to behead non Muslims? Odd viewpoint, no?Did I say I was scared of it? It is something I'd like to avoid though.Yes, I'm certain that all muslims dream of beheading us non-muslims. Yes, it is an odd viewpoint for them to hold. I don't know why they are so keen on it. Perhaps you can enlighten us!

Marsden

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 1:23 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyYes, it's true I'm not a muslim. The luckiest break I ever had!!! I give thanks every day that I'm not a muslim. Is there someway we could trade migalley? For a goat, maybe? Or perhaps if we agreed to look the other way while they beheaded him?

ppauper

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 1:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenIs there someway we could trade migalley? For a goat, maybe? marsden always gets the goat

migalley

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 1:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyYes, it's true I'm not a muslim. The luckiest break I ever had!!! I give thanks every day that I'm not a muslim. Is there someway we could trade migalley? For a goat, maybe? Or perhaps if we agreed to look the other way while they beheaded him?Perhaps we could trade you for a pig. Much more digestible

Hamilton

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Well, you are not my patient but a psychiatrist friend of mine to who I forward these links has identified you as deeply troubled.Thank goodness your friend arrived in the nick of time. Perhaps he can intervene before I staple myself to death in my office. Does he have any great prescription medicine he can recommend?

Hamilton

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 3:37 pm

This psychiatrist has a different takeQuoteI noticed that it was yet another social psychologist arguing that liberals had so many more "positive" qualities than conservatives. The tone of the article looked familiar and I noticed it was written by the same NYU professor, John Jost, who was one of the researchers in an earlier article I had written about before, Political Conservatism as Motivated Social Cognition. A more fitting title for the previous article would have been, "If we could just understand the social motivation of those stupid, rigid, close-minded conservatives, surely, we could change their wicked ways." But of course, a professor of Dr. Jost's stature would want to appear as unbiased as possible in order to make that point, so it is best to write in a manner that the APA journal has come to love: a vague, overly-wordy and cumbersome style that leaves most readers asleep before the third paragraph.

Marsden

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 4:30 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyPerhaps we could trade you for a pig. Much more digestible But we already have you, migalley -- no need for another pig.

Marsden

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 4:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenIs there someway we could trade migalley? For a goat, maybe? marsden always gets the goatI guess this just turned up in your usual googling of "goat sex."

mencey

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 5:12 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayMarsden, remember what you are up against. My view is:The "I'm not politically correct, because I have the courage to be honest" group are rather too often soft brained apologists for their own short comings.By attacking other cultures, religions, countries, races, they show their insecurity and inability to deal with reality - it's a sign of immaturity, an arrested mental development. Truth does not matter to these guys. Truth is whatever makes them feel better about themselves. Two year olds will often pretend at something to comfort themselves - these types do the same. Arrested development.This sort of insecurity is as old as the proverbial crust - I remember that in the "The Great Gatsby" there is a siutation when Daisy's husband, Tom Buchannan, opines that the superior Nordic races would soon be over run by others. So this sort of sentiment was common even then - it just shows up in different guises at different times. In the early part of the last century this sort of prejudice was often directed at immigrants from Southern Europe - Italians and others. And of course the black community was often painted in the darkest of colours.Fitzgerald was no fool. He saw it as the feeblemindedness it is. And that is nearly a 100 years ago.In my opinion all feebleminded and insecure individuals tend to such opinions. Debate with them is enlightening because it tells us the workings of their minds - their insecurities, comforting rationalisations, fears etc. To be honest, I do not think they have much control over it. They may try to clothe their insecurities in ostensibly rational debate, but reason is not what drives them. It's insecurity and fear as evidenced by their selective and contradictory evidence gathering.Politicians - demogogues if you will - exploit this to their advantage. From Islamic fundamentalistim, to extreme Neo Conservative agenda, indeed to the methods of the Third Reich, the phenomenon relies pretty much on stirring up hatred based on a people's sense of insecurity and inadequacy.So it is and so it shall be. But debate it we must.You cheat yourself. Keep hidding on your colour or religion. People like to find excuses rather than look themsleves in the mirror. However tell me what's the difference between Third Reich and Islam, one says let's slaughter jews, the other says let's slaughter infidels. Both had the same lack of respect for human life. One put people in concentration camps, the other put them in slavery. Both think that Christianity is a dam for their plans. Both are close societies that believe someone is better than other. Nazis believe the superiority of the Nordic races, Islam believes the superiority of the Muslim over the Dhimmi or infidels. Japan used Kamikkazes, Islam use suicide bombers (ok Japan was not the third reich but was part of the axis)Both believe they were in posession of the ultimative truth and both believe they should rule the world "Allah gave him the true religion so he can rule over all other religions".So what's the difference? because I do not see many,..... If these "politically incorrect" comments make me a racist, then I have to say that I am a proud one. Further I am going to tell you something about me, I spent 12 years in a Jesuit school (primary and secondary school), they did not force me to mass but rather encourage a critic, free thinking and liberal spirit. Furthermore, and just FYI I did not attend Confirmation (the Christian sacrament) so I have not renew my commitment to the Church so far.Listen fairplay, those who do not agree with your vision of the world are not automatically racist, "Catholic fanatics" or evil white men, but people who are able to think by themselves.

gardener3

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 5:21 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: menceyHowever tell me what's the difference between Third Reich and Islam, one says let's slaughter jews, the other says let's slaughter infidels. Both had the same lack of respect for human life. I'll go against my better judgement and bite. Difference between third reich and islam? Do you see a difference between the third reich and the german people or german culture? Would it be wrong to equate third reich with german culture? Why? Just think about it for a minute... Now, do you see flairplay's point?

Hamilton

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Do you see a difference between the third reich and the german people That's the point. Islam is not tied to a nation state, whereas the Third Reich was. Try Hitler's Mufti by Rabbi David DalinIslam is a global export business.

TraderJoe
Topic Author

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 9:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenIs there someway we could trade migalley? For a goat, maybe? marsden always gets the goatSo are all moslems goat fuckers - c'mon, where's your sense of humour now boys ?
Last edited by TraderJoe on October 24th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.