Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Hamilton

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 10:34 pm

QuoteIn his 2004 book The Return of Anti-Semitism, Gabriel Schoenfeld declared that “the ancient and modern strands of anti-Semitism” have been “successfully fused today” in the Muslim world, “and from there the hatred of Jews receives its main propulsion outward.” In the 2003 Never Again? The Threat of the New Anti-Semitism, Abraham Foxman added, “Virulent anti-Semitism is widespread throughout the Arab Middle East. . . . Anti-Semitism is tolerated or openly endorsed by Arab governments, disseminated by the Arab media, taught in [Muslim] schools and universities, and preached in mosques. No segment of [Islamic] society is free of its taint.” And in the 1999 Semites and Anti-Semites, Bernard Lewis concluded, “Classical anti-Semitism is an essential part of Arab intellectual life at the present time.”

Hamilton

The Great Muslim Debate

October 25th, 2006, 10:39 pm

If this Hamilton guy had been born Muslim then he would probably have been a candidate for a suicide bomber - it's the same mental make up."Yup, no doubt about it. To an atheist psychiatrist, we religious nutbars are all the same.

Hamilton

The Great Muslim Debate

October 26th, 2006, 3:24 am

Difference between third reich and islamQuoteThe pro-Nazi mood and increasingly anti-Jewish worldview of al-Husseini and his cohorts among the new Arab leadership was described this way by a leader of the Baath party in Syria: “We were racists, admiring Nazism, reading its books and the sources of its thought, particularly Nietzsche, . . . Fichte, and H.S. Chamberlain’s Foundations of the Nineteenth Century, which revolves on race. We were the first to think of translating Mein Kampf. Whoever lived during this period in Damascus would appreciate the inclination of the Arab people to Nazism, for Nazism was the power which could serve as its champion, and he who is defeated will by nature love the victor.”

migalley

The Great Muslim Debate

October 26th, 2006, 8:25 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyPerhaps we could trade you for a pig. Much more digestible But we already have you, migalley -- no need for another pig.Better to be a pig than you

mencey

The Great Muslim Debate

October 26th, 2006, 9:52 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3QuoteOriginally posted by: menceyHowever tell me what's the difference between Third Reich and Islam, one says let's slaughter jews, the other says let's slaughter infidels. Both had the same lack of respect for human life. I'll go against my better judgement and bite. Difference between third reich and islam? Do you see a difference between the third reich and the german people or german culture? Would it be wrong to equate third reich with german culture? Why? Just think about it for a minute... Now, do you see flairplay's point?Look with afro americans, martin Luther won over MalcomX, but now it seems that mad mullah is winning over decent "rahjid". Sure I always have seen fairplay's point, that's why I am not attacking individuals but the ideology. This ideology needs a reform, and a deep one, because right now is a treat to the concept of open society.do you see my point?By the way Hamilton, excellent arguments about Islam and the Third Reich
Last edited by mencey on October 25th, 2006, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gardener3

The Great Muslim Debate

October 26th, 2006, 4:46 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: menceySure I always have seen fairplay's point, that's why I am not attacking individuals but the ideology. This ideology needs a reform, and a deep one, because right now is a treat to the concept of open society.That is not what I am saying. Let me be more clear. Let's say some person puts forth the following argument: "Third reich appeared in germany, and was run by germans. Only a demented evil culture can produce such a deplorable organization/movement that has caused such tremendous harm to the world. Therefore german culture is to blame for the third reich." The person then says: "well, I am not talking about individual germans. In fact, I know many who have opposed the third reich, what I am talking about is a "culture", or a way of thinking that gave rise to this organization." Do you agree with this person's logic?If you ask me, I think this person's argument is seriously flawed as he equates a whole culture with a particular event. Would you not agree that this argument is flawed?

flairplay

The Great Muslim Debate

October 26th, 2006, 5:43 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: menceyQuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayMarsden, remember what you are up against. My view is:The "I'm not politically correct, because I have the courage to be honest" group are rather too often soft brained apologists for their own short comings.By attacking other cultures, religions, countries, races, they show their insecurity and inability to deal with reality - it's a sign of immaturity, an arrested mental development. Truth does not matter to these guys. Truth is whatever makes them feel better about themselves. Two year olds will often pretend at something to comfort themselves - these types do the same. Arrested development.This sort of insecurity is as old as the proverbial crust - I remember that in the "The Great Gatsby" there is a siutation when Daisy's husband, Tom Buchannan, opines that the superior Nordic races would soon be over run by others. So this sort of sentiment was common even then - it just shows up in different guises at different times. In the early part of the last century this sort of prejudice was often directed at immigrants from Southern Europe - Italians and others. And of course the black community was often painted in the darkest of colours.Fitzgerald was no fool. He saw it as the feeblemindedness it is. And that is nearly a 100 years ago.In my opinion all feebleminded and insecure individuals tend to such opinions. Debate with them is enlightening because it tells us the workings of their minds - their insecurities, comforting rationalisations, fears etc. To be honest, I do not think they have much control over it. They may try to clothe their insecurities in ostensibly rational debate, but reason is not what drives them. It's insecurity and fear as evidenced by their selective and contradictory evidence gathering.Politicians - demogogues if you will - exploit this to their advantage. From Islamic fundamentalistim, to extreme Neo Conservative agenda, indeed to the methods of the Third Reich, the phenomenon relies pretty much on stirring up hatred based on a people's sense of insecurity and inadequacy.So it is and so it shall be. But debate it we must.You cheat yourself. Keep hidding on your colour or religion. People like to find excuses rather than look themsleves in the mirror. However tell me what's the difference between Third Reich and Islam, one says let's slaughter jews, the other says let's slaughter infidels. Both had the same lack of respect for human life. One put people in concentration camps, the other put them in slavery. Both think that Christianity is a dam for their plans. Both are close societies that believe someone is better than other. Nazis believe the superiority of the Nordic races, Islam believes the superiority of the Muslim over the Dhimmi or infidels. Japan used Kamikkazes, Islam use suicide bombers (ok Japan was not the third reich but was part of the axis)Both believe they were in posession of the ultimative truth and both believe they should rule the world "Allah gave him the true religion so he can rule over all other religions".So what's the difference? because I do not see many,..... If these "politically incorrect" comments make me a racist, then I have to say that I am a proud one. Further I am going to tell you something about me, I spent 12 years in a Jesuit school (primary and secondary school), they did not force me to mass but rather encourage a critic, free thinking and liberal spirit. Furthermore, and just FYI I did not attend Confirmation (the Christian sacrament) so I have not renew my commitment to the Church so far.Listen fairplay, those who do not agree with your vision of the world are not automatically racist, "Catholic fanatics" or evil white men, but people who are able to think by themselves.A pack of lies and total rubbish.Whatever violent thoughts tickle your fancy man. Enjoy.

Hamilton

The Great Muslim Debate

October 26th, 2006, 8:13 pm

A pack of lies and total rubbish.Could you be more vague and non-specific? We're having trouble keeping up with your counterexamples and footnotes.

mencey

The Great Muslim Debate

October 26th, 2006, 8:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3QuoteOriginally posted by: menceySure I always have seen fairplay's point, that's why I am not attacking individuals but the ideology. This ideology needs a reform, and a deep one, because right now is a treat to the concept of open society.That is not what I am saying. Let me be more clear. Let's say some person puts forth the following argument: "Third reich appeared in germany, and was run by germans. Only a demented evil culture can produce such a deplorable organization/movement that has caused such tremendous harm to the world. Therefore german culture is to blame for the third reich." The person then says: "well, I am not talking about individual germans. In fact, I know many who have opposed the third reich, what I am talking about is a "culture", or a way of thinking that gave rise to this organization." Do you agree with this person's logic?If you ask me, I think this person's argument is seriously flawed as he equates a whole culture with a particular event. Would you not agree that this argument is flawed?No, I do not agree. What I am doing is not generalizing that "all germans" supported the third reich, there were German who supported the third reich and Germans which did not. In fact the Nazis got to power by democratic elections, which were suppresed afterwards. However there were a number of cultural issues that allowed the Nazis to seize that power. Nazis appears whitin German culture, yesGerman are to blame for the Nazis harm commited in name of German superiority, yesNazism is a dangerous ideology who threated open societies, yesAll Germans are Nazis, noNow let's change to IslamIslam appears whitin the arab culture, yesMulsim are to blame for terrorist attacks commited in anme of allah, yesIslam is a dangeorus ideology who threaten open societies, yesAll muslims are terrorists, noWhere is the unlogic?

mencey

The Great Muslim Debate

October 26th, 2006, 9:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayQuoteOriginally posted by: menceyQuoteOriginally posted by: flairplayMarsden, remember what you are up against. My view is:The "I'm not politically correct, because I have the courage to be honest" group are rather too often soft brained apologists for their own short comings.By attacking other cultures, religions, countries, races, they show their insecurity and inability to deal with reality - it's a sign of immaturity, an arrested mental development. Truth does not matter to these guys. Truth is whatever makes them feel better about themselves. Two year olds will often pretend at something to comfort themselves - these types do the same. Arrested development.This sort of insecurity is as old as the proverbial crust - I remember that in the "The Great Gatsby" there is a siutation when Daisy's husband, Tom Buchannan, opines that the superior Nordic races would soon be over run by others. So this sort of sentiment was common even then - it just shows up in different guises at different times. In the early part of the last century this sort of prejudice was often directed at immigrants from Southern Europe - Italians and others. And of course the black community was often painted in the darkest of colours.Fitzgerald was no fool. He saw it as the feeblemindedness it is. And that is nearly a 100 years ago.In my opinion all feebleminded and insecure individuals tend to such opinions. Debate with them is enlightening because it tells us the workings of their minds - their insecurities, comforting rationalisations, fears etc. To be honest, I do not think they have much control over it. They may try to clothe their insecurities in ostensibly rational debate, but reason is not what drives them. It's insecurity and fear as evidenced by their selective and contradictory evidence gathering.Politicians - demogogues if you will - exploit this to their advantage. From Islamic fundamentalistim, to extreme Neo Conservative agenda, indeed to the methods of the Third Reich, the phenomenon relies pretty much on stirring up hatred based on a people's sense of insecurity and inadequacy.So it is and so it shall be. But debate it we must.You cheat yourself. Keep hidding on your colour or religion. People like to find excuses rather than look themsleves in the mirror. However tell me what's the difference between Third Reich and Islam, one says let's slaughter jews, the other says let's slaughter infidels. Both had the same lack of respect for human life. One put people in concentration camps, the other put them in slavery. Both think that Christianity is a dam for their plans. Both are close societies that believe someone is better than other. Nazis believe the superiority of the Nordic races, Islam believes the superiority of the Muslim over the Dhimmi or infidels. Japan used Kamikkazes, Islam use suicide bombers (ok Japan was not the third reich but was part of the axis)Both believe they were in posession of the ultimative truth and both believe they should rule the world "Allah gave him the true religion so he can rule over all other religions".So what's the difference? because I do not see many,..... If these "politically incorrect" comments make me a racist, then I have to say that I am a proud one. Further I am going to tell you something about me, I spent 12 years in a Jesuit school (primary and secondary school), they did not force me to mass but rather encourage a critic, free thinking and liberal spirit. Furthermore, and just FYI I did not attend Confirmation (the Christian sacrament) so I have not renew my commitment to the Church so far.Listen fairplay, those who do not agree with your vision of the world are not automatically racist, "Catholic fanatics" or evil white men, but people who are able to think by themselves.A pack of lies and total rubbish.Whatever violent thoughts tickle your fancy man. Enjoy.First you strated to call me racist, and now you keep on calling me lier but I do not see your counterarguments Lier? where are your counter arguments?You seemed to be a decent man, now I am starting to doubt it

gardener3

The Great Muslim Debate

October 26th, 2006, 9:22 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: menceyGerman are to blame for the Nazis harm commited in name of German superiority, yesand you wonder why people think you are prejudiced?

ppauper

The Great Muslim Debate

October 27th, 2006, 12:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenIs there someway we could trade migalley? For a goat, maybe? marsden always gets the goatSo are all moslems goat fuckers - c'mon, where's your sense of humour now boys ?there are actually very strict rules.From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh":“A man can have sex with animals such as sheeps, cows, camels and so on. However, he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village; however, selling the meat to the next door village should be fine.”And it has to be a female animal. If it's a male animal, that's just gay.

ppauper

The Great Muslim Debate

October 27th, 2006, 1:01 pm

speed dating in the middle east ?

gardener3

The Great Muslim Debate

October 27th, 2006, 3:40 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperspeed dating in the middle east ?papuper, how do you think Jesus would feel about you posting these things?

TraderJoe
Topic Author

The Great Muslim Debate

October 27th, 2006, 3:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperspeed dating in the middle east ?papuper, how do you think Jesus would feel about you posting these things?gardener, what would mohammed think about muslims flying passenger planes into the World Trade Centre killing innocent civilians, or blowing up trains in London, again killing innocent people ?It's a serious question ...