SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

Re: ppauper's very own "How Canada Sucks" thread.

October 14th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
“My family is obviously psychologically and physically shattered by the betrayals and the criminality of what has happened over the past five years,” Boyle told The Star. “But we’re looking forward to a new lease on life, to use an overused idiom, and restarting and being able to build a sanctuary for our children and our family in North America.”

Boyle added, jokingly, “I have discovered there is little that cannot be overcome by enough Sufi patience, Irish irreverence, and Canadian sanctimony.”

this is the US/Canadian who were captured and held hostage when they allegedly went backpacking in afghanistan
I posted some stuff on it in the afghan thread
Note "sufi patience" suggests they are muslim
the husband was previously married to the sister of omar khadr, who was sent to gitmo as a youth for killing a US medic in afghanistan
I wonder what he/she means by "betrayals," Did they think the taliban were their friends?

Cuchulainn

October 14th, 2017, 2:53 pm

CAITLAN CONNEMARA COLEMAN
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain

ppauper

October 14th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
CAITLAN CONNEMARA COLEMAN

the (second?) wife of Joshua Boyle

FBI

aliases: Caity Coleman, Caity C. Coleman, Caity Coleman-Boyle, Caity Boyle,

ppauper

October 14th, 2017, 3:24 pm

I wonder what boyle meant by "betrayals," betrayals by whom?

ppauper

October 23rd, 2017, 7:24 am

Canada asks USA to help stop illegal border crossings...
what happened to "no hate, no fear, refugees are welcome here!"

Closing time
Time for you to go out go out into the world.
Closing time
Turn the lights up over every boy and every girl.
Closing time
One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer.
Closing time
You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

ppauper

November 13th, 2017, 12:14 pm

TUKTOYAKTUK, N.W.T. – Canada’s first permanent road to its Arctic coastline opens this week.

Arctic highway from Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk to open this week

When it arrives, the tiny hamlet on the Beaufort Sea will mark the occasion with speeches, songs, fireworks and a community feast with local favourites including caribou, reindeer, char, whale and muktuk.

I had to google muktuk:
Muktuk is the traditional Inuit/Eskimo and Chukchi meal of frozen whale skin and blubber.

that's probably every bit as yummy as it sounds. Sadly, I didn't get an invite to the festivities

ppauper

November 17th, 2017, 1:26 pm

University denies it failed to protect staff in case involving alleged diaper fetish

lmao, a canadian university student has a diaper fetish and evidently has persuaded female faculty members to change his diaper

University of Vancouver Island, which I've never heard of. Wiki tells me it's only been called that since 2008.
I'm guessing the school caters mostly to first nations

The student in his 40s asked to be treated as an infant, demanding children's books be read to him, speaking in a baby voice, wearing a soother, and even submitting a selfie of himself in a diaper to one instructor, said Roth.
(snip)
In the document she said he presented himself to female staff at different campuses — in several cases asking them to change his soiled diapers. Eventually he came to Roth complaining of discrimination

ppauper

November 20th, 2017, 8:13 am

Vicente Fox to Trudeau: Don't be 'Judas' on NAFTA
meaning it looks like nafta could die and we revert to the status quo ante, a bilateral deal between the US and Canada.

ppauper

November 24th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Canada grants refugee status in about 60% of migrant cases

Those made by migrants from Syria, Eritrea, Yemen, Sudan, Djibouti and Turkey were the most likely to be accepted.
(snip)
However, of the small number of claims by Haitians processed so far, 298, only about 10% have been accepted. Failed claimants face removal to Haiti.

eritrea is about 50-50 christian-muslim. The others in that list are predominantly muslim

The Canadian Press reported that PM Justin Trudeau said on Thursday that Canada's refugee system is not meant for those merely seeking a better economic future but for those not being protected by their home country.

trudeau seems to be sending a message to the illegals in the US, almost all of whom are economic migrants that they are not welcome in canada

ppauper

December 10th, 2017, 9:22 am

it sounds like canadians are starting to agree with president trump

After Importing Thousands Of Refugees, Canadians Now Say Muslim Immigrants Have ‘Fundamentally Different Values’
After welcoming almost 12,000 refugees to their region, three-quarters of Canadians living in the province of Ontario now say that Muslim immigrants hold fundamentally different values and a majority believe mainstream Islam promotes violence, according to a new survey to be released this week.
(snip)
A majority of Ontarians — 53 percent — say Canada should only accept immigrants from countries with similar values as their own and 74 percent say Canada needs to be more strict about the immigrants it accepts into the country
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...