SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

dibble

Presidency in '08

September 24th, 2008, 8:09 pm

Looks like he is still no good at flying anything while peeing his pants at the same time

Marsden

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 4:36 am

Oh. My. God.

ppauper
Topic Author

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 12:42 pm

pakistan's president falls in love with America's sweetheart

ppauper
Topic Author

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 12:45 pm

you can't top this, mars

ppauper
Topic Author

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 12:47 pm

just for you, mars

Marsden

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 1:17 pm

My girl didn't look like a deer caught in the headlights; she looked like a deer caught in the radiator grill.

ppauper
Topic Author

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 1:24 pm

Obama grant being probed

dibble

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 3:14 pm

But Sarah Palin's performance in the tiny vignettes of unscripted dialogue in which we've been allowed to see her has been nothing short of frightening -- really, as I said, pity-inducing. And I say that as someone who has thought from the start that the criticisms of her abilities -- as opposed to her ideology -- were much too extreme. One of two things is absolutely clear at this point: she is either (a) completely ignorant about the most basic political issues -- a vacant, ill-informed, incurious know-nothing, or (b) aggressively concealing her actual beliefs about these matters because she's petrified of deviating from the simple-minded campaign talking points she's been fed and/or because her actual beliefs are so politically unpalatable, even when taking into account the right-wing extremism that is permitted, even rewarded, in our mainstream. I'm not really sure which is worse, but it doesn't really matter, because with 40 days left before the election, both options are heinous.Correction on Sarah Palin

Marsden

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 6:02 pm

I suppose this is, in reality, pretty frightening and embarrassing, but I just can't stop laughing:

Fermion

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 6:08 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenI suppose this is, in reality, pretty frightening and embarrassing, but I just can't stop laughing:Laughter is one of the ways we handle fear. In this case the real fear is that a mentally disturbed self-confessed "maverick", who will do anything however dangerous and ridiculous to gain attention for himself may well get elected and immediately start a nuclear attack on Russia, just because he can.

dibble

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 7:44 pm

If anybody else besides Obama, a black man was running, they would be wiping the floor with mccain. After eight years of the last republican nut and now this diaper wearing gramps with his invisible side kick, the simple fact is that there is a certain percentage of people who will never vote for a black man. Now there is another group, that up until a couple of years ago would also have never voted for a black man, but who now when looking at the alternative, their redneck (though these rednecks are white, brown, yellow etc) self preservation genes see that Obama is the only sane choice. I am not saying that everybody who is voting for mccain belongs to one of these two groups, but these groups are the reason why the numbers are the way they are.So while these polls are all very interesting, the real question is, how big are these two populations?. The only thing that the polls tell me is that the former is obviously big enough that as a country we a fucked. The only consolation is that the country at least has a black man on one of the tickets. While this is only a slight consolation, it is a step in the right direction.It may not be in our times, but someday.

migalley

Presidency in '08

September 25th, 2008, 8:33 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: dibbleThe only consolation is that the country at least has a black man on one of the tickets. While this is only a slight consolation, it is a step in the right direction.Why is it a step in the right direction? For over 200 years US voters have not voted a black man to be president. Maybe that is a good indication that a black man is just not presidential material.

Marsden

Presidency in '08

September 26th, 2008, 4:22 pm

Getting back on track:

ppauper
Topic Author

Presidency in '08

September 27th, 2008, 1:56 pm

getting more confusing day by day !during the debate, hussein is now in favor of clean coal again !QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperonce again biden has contradicted the head of the ticket !biden against clean coal in the USHussein was in favor of clean coal during the primaries, when he was grubbing for votes in places like kentucky.Either Biden isn't speaking for his ticket when he saysQuote"We’re not supporting clean coal"or hussein has done yet another flip-flop (or was simply lying to try to get votes, which didn't work: hillary won kentucky 65-30)Hussein needs to make a statement on this matter to clarify whether his position on clean coal is a) the position he laid out during the primaries (in favor of clean coal)orb) the position biden has laid out for the ticket (against clean coal)Clean coal clearly has a vital role to play in america's energy future, and by opposing it biden is playing into the hands of OPEC and screwing over mr and mrs america

Marsden

Presidency in '08

September 27th, 2008, 7:23 pm

Sanity seems to be starting to take hold:
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On