SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56246
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

February 11th, 2018, 5:33 pm

According to the US media reporters at these Olympics, the reason for all the Dutch medals is that everyone skates to work in the winter.
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

February 11th, 2018, 5:51 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
According to the US media reporters at these Olympics, the reason for all the Dutch medals is that everyone skates to work in the winter.
Yes and carry yuge cheeses in the summer to develop gouda leg muscles.
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56246
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

February 11th, 2018, 7:55 pm

Traden4Alpha wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
According to the US media reporters at these Olympics, the reason for all the Dutch medals is that everyone skates to work in the winter.

Yes and carry yuge cheeses in the summer to develop gouda leg muscles.

Image
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56246
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

February 11th, 2018, 7:57 pm

Image
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56246
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

February 12th, 2018, 7:14 pm

[ltr]Zijlstra admits faking story about Putin’s ‘greater Russia’ ambitions[/ltr]


http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2 ... ambitions/
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 67953
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

February 12th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
According to the US media reporters at these Olympics, the reason for all the Dutch medals is that everyone skates to work in the winter.

katie couric
Last edited by ppauper on February 13th, 2018, 3:54 pm
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56246
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

February 13th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Amsterdam is very busy in winter time during rush-hour.

Why are they so good?’ you may be asking yourselves. Because skating is an important mode of transportation in a city like Amsterdam which sits at sea level. As you all know, it has lots of canals that can freeze in the winters. So, for as long as those canals have existed, the Dutch have skated on them to get from place to place, to race each other, and also to have fun.”

Katie Couric

ImageImage
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56246
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

February 16th, 2018, 10:13 am

Anyone know this domain name company?

Idea; you have a ACME.nl and they ring saying someone wants to register ACME.info unless YOU claim it for a small fee.
Is this 'acquisition fraude'?

https://trademark-office.com/

feedback when they ring a legal firm

http://berntsenmulder.nl/nieuws/domeinn ... rp-blijven
 
User avatar
tagoma
Posts: 18233
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

March 3rd, 2018, 10:59 am

On the way to work in Geneva

Image
Image

Can you remind me the number of gold medal Switzerland cropped at the last Winter Olympics?
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56246
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

March 3rd, 2018, 11:16 am

That carry-on will ruin your skis.. Probably ex-pats?
 
User avatar
bearish
Posts: 3384
Joined: February 3rd, 2011, 2:19 pm

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

March 3rd, 2018, 1:39 pm

tagoma wrote:
On the way to work in Geneva

Image
Image

Can you remind me the number of gold medal Switzerland cropped at the last Winter Olympics?


5 gold, 15 medals total, marginally better than France.
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56246
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

March 3rd, 2018, 1:42 pm

bearish wrote:
tagoma wrote:
On the way to work in Geneva

Image
Image

Can you remind me the number of gold medal Switzerland cropped at the last Winter Olympics?


5 gold, 15 medals total, marginally better than France.

Way behind Norge.
 
User avatar
bearish
Posts: 3384
Joined: February 3rd, 2011, 2:19 pm

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

March 3rd, 2018, 1:54 pm

Indeed, and returning to the topic of the thread, also respectfully behind the Dutch team.
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56246
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

March 3rd, 2018, 3:56 pm

bearish wrote:
Indeed, and returning to the topic of the thread, also respectfully behind the Dutch team.

We all skate to work in the winter. Along the canals.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 67953
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

March 3rd, 2018, 4:07 pm

bearish wrote:
Indeed, and returning to the topic of the thread, also respectfully behind the Dutch team.

not enough asthmatics on the dutch team
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...