Page 111 of 112

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 7th, 2018, 11:42 am
by Cuchulainn
I like the scene @4.16 down the slopes trying to catch Junior

Nice thing about Norge is no ski and drink (go to Austria for that carry on).

aqua vit = heavy water?

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 7th, 2018, 10:21 pm
by trackstar
Following this story now - an odd bit of news today:

Missing Dutch Man's Phone Turned On Days After Disappearance

"On August 30th, his phone was turned on in the vicinity of Vikeså, around 50 kilometers south of Stavanger. The phone was turned on for 20 minutes. After that, the SIM card was removed and a German SIM card was put into the phone. The Norwegian police is currently trying to track the history of that SIM card."

So, have to keep an eye out for further details. 

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 7th, 2018, 11:31 pm
by ppauper
wow, so even if you change the sim card, they know it's your phone
in the movies, they always stomp on the sim card, put a new one in the phone, and they're home free

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 8th, 2018, 12:03 am
by trackstar
I was looking at cell phones, tracking, geolocation, and SIM cards and the bottom line is this:

- Your location is triangulated every 10 seconds to access the closest cell tower, making it easy for emergency services to find you (for example).

- Removing the SIM card will not change the ability for your phone to be traced, since the trace is based on the connection to the cell tower.

So I think that if you took the SIM card out, but did not change your location significantly, that 10 second trace would continue to "identify" your cell phone.

Not sure what would happen if you took the SIM card out, traveled a significant distance without it, and put a new one in if that would change things.

Perhaps not, as you would still be bouncing off the cell towers as you moved along.

Although if you passed through or even stopped in a place where you know there was no cell phone reception at all, that might be helpful (or harmful), depending on your perspective.

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 8th, 2018, 10:06 am
by Cuchulainn
[ltr]Lili and Howick deportation will go ahead as last ditch legal attempt fails[/ltr]




https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2018/09/l ... mpt-fails/

When will these politicians grow a pair?

Prime minister Mark Rutte said at his weekly press conference on Friday afternoon that he understood the emotions surrounding the case. However ‘you have to be tough in the case of people with no right to stay,’ the prime minister said.

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 8th, 2018, 12:28 pm
by bearish
trackstar wrote:
I was looking at cell phones, tracking, geolocation, and SIM cards and the bottom line is this:

- Your location is triangulated every 10 seconds to access the closest cell tower, making it easy for emergency services to find you (for example).

- Removing the SIM card will not change the ability for your phone to be traced, since the trace is based on the connection to the cell tower.

So I think that if you took the SIM card out, but did not change your location significantly, that 10 second trace would continue to "identify" your cell phone.

Not sure what would happen if you took the SIM card out, traveled a significant distance without it, and put a new one in if that would change things.

Perhaps not, as you would still be bouncing off the cell towers as you moved along.

Although if you passed through or even stopped in a place where you know there was no cell phone reception at all, that might be helpful (or harmful), depending on your perspective.


Some dude with shady connections and expertise in cyber security presumably would have the knowledge to keep his phone in a shielded bag if he didn’t want to be tracked.

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 8th, 2018, 1:03 pm
by trackstar
bearish wrote:

Some dude with shady connections and expertise in cyber security presumably would have the knowledge to keep his phone in a shielded bag if he didn’t want to be tracked.


Yes, so either he is fine and unconcerned right now or someone else has his phone.

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 8th, 2018, 2:03 pm
by katastrofa
I think he / his kidnappers would know that a cell phone can be tracked and they would discard it if they wanted to disappear (even mere drug dealers in East London do that). Maybe someone found it (or simply stole it from him) and plans to use or sell it.

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 11th, 2018, 5:46 am
by ppauper
have yourself photographed with an ISIS executioner. Put your head through the hole
Image
exhibition at the Gogbot art and music festival in the Eastern Dutch city of Enschede

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 11th, 2018, 10:15 am
by rmax
Exactly why we need art.

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 12th, 2018, 9:22 am
by Collector

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 16th, 2018, 5:43 am
by ppauper
trackstar wrote:
I think regarding someone with his skills and line of work, there is reason for concern.

And also, if he was doing something involving hacking from a Norwegian outpost, it could be that Norwegian authorities wanted to speak with him.


drudge describes him as a "counter-hacker"
If someone wanted to hack the wikileaks site, perhaps to take it down, he would be an asset

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 16th, 2018, 10:00 am
by Cuchulainn

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 16th, 2018, 10:13 am
by bearish
I’m slightly confused. Is there a reference to Bodø in that piece?

Re: Those crazeeeee Dutch

Posted: September 16th, 2018, 11:50 am
by Cuchulainn
bearish wrote:
I’m slightly confused. Is there a reference to Bodø in that piece?

Shirley Bottolfsen is originally from Co.Tipperary and came to Bodø 50 years ago april 2006. The Irish community in Norway was proud and delighted to have Shirley lead the parade up Karl Johansgate this year . It was particularly appropriate that the parade proceeded in the direction of the palace as the King had recently awarded Shirley with ‘kongens fortjeneste medalje’ for her lifelong work on behalf of the elderly and needy in Bodø and Finmark.

And Johnny Logan .. he is regularly in  Norge.