SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

endriux
Topic Author

Who is from Italy in the community?

January 9th, 2003, 10:18 am

Hello, my awful english's bored me to death...I joke about this thing ( I need to make better my foreign languages ). I only want to know how many members are italian....and, in case, to contact them in private mode to work together.Ciao to everybody!

csparker

January 9th, 2003, 3:41 pm

Your English is still better than my Italian. Ciao,C

kutilya

January 9th, 2003, 4:58 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: csparkerYour English is still better than my Italian. Ciao,CWell said ParkerEndriux, don't worry too much about your english, I have seen the best spoken make huge mistakesK

reza

January 9th, 2003, 5:15 pm

I grew up in Nice ... it's almost Italy

DominicConnor

January 10th, 2003, 9:10 am

Named after an Italian god, (Nike) which beats my residence whose name was originally Bucket Hill.

zerdna

January 10th, 2003, 4:43 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DCFCNamed after an Italian god, (Nike) which beats my residence whose name was originally Bucket Hill.Nike was a goddess of victory in Greek mythology, daughter of river Styx and giant Pallas. In some of the greek art pieces Zeus and Athena are carrying images of Nike. That's just a side note, I myself kinda like this Italian gathering thing -- I am very italiano myself at heart, especially if vino and ragazze are involved. Also, I've been to Brooklyn several times, which makes me poco Italiano too.

endriux
Topic Author

January 10th, 2003, 4:45 pm

Thank you, boys, for your appreciation.I'm very grateful to you for the encouragement, but the reality is not so good...It could be true that my english is better then csparker's italian, but in the financial world do you know anyone (trader or broker) that send his communications in italian? Trading is not the only activity where english is the standard: for example, If I'll want to write a paper, I need english in order to hope that someone can read it, and so on...I'll hope to improve my knowledge of english ASAP and I'll be very thankful to those that will correct my mistakes. If one need, I can exchange italian for english lessons....Have a nice weekend! And if the weekend could be spent walking in the beatiful "promenade", it will be certainly very Nice! endriux

Hiboumalin

January 15th, 2003, 6:27 am

La maggior parte della mia famiglia (padre, zie, nipote, cugini...) è stata sopportata e vive in Ascoli Piceno.Parlo un poco italiano ma sono francese (non ho parlato italiano in sei anni!! Che peccato!!) e vivo negli USA.Mi piacerebe molto lavorare con lei.Il vostro inglese è molto buono !!Ciao,Hiboumalin (Gufo maligno) PS: Siete un Juventus Tifoso?
Last edited by Hiboumalin on January 14th, 2003, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

endriux
Topic Author

January 15th, 2003, 3:58 pm

What pleasant surprise! Italian language on Wilmott forum, wonderful!Once in a while, I understand fully a message posted....Thanks for your kind answer, Hiboumalin. I will reply in a private message (in italian).Ciao,endriuxPS I'm a Juventus fan, of course! I live in Turin....

athos20145

January 20th, 2003, 12:56 pm

Ciao endriux,io sono italiano. Vivo a Londra, pero' non lavoro + in banca. Sono qui a Londra (e Cardiff, dove ho fatto universita') ormai da parecchi anni. Pero' puo' darsi che torni in Italia (a Milano) a ottobre x un certo periodo. Originariamente sono di Milano e sono nato a Roma. Una volta ero un romanista sfegatato. (Mi ricordo quelle grandi sfide tra Juve e Roma ai tempi di Falcao, Platini, Conti, Pruzzo ecc.)Tanti saluti, Athos

csparker

January 21st, 2003, 9:45 am

Hiboumalin,If you get a chance to go to Ascoli, you should as they have a spectacular summer pageant where the whole town dresses up in mediaeval costume. My wofe went a few years ago with her Italian uncles. To my eternal regret I couldn't go as my younger daughter was ill that day. Maybe another year.

endriux
Topic Author

January 22nd, 2003, 1:15 pm

What a lovely surprise!Not many people from Italy, but a lot of people who loves Italy....Wonderful!Heartfelt thankyou to everyone!Ciao,endriuxPS. Athos, ti scrivo in privato, grazie anche a te...Forza Juve!

Hiboumalin

January 23rd, 2003, 5:32 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: csparkerHiboumalin,If you get a chance to go to Ascoli, you should as they have a spectacular summer pageant where the whole town dresses up in mediaeval costume. My wofe went a few years ago with her Italian uncles. To my eternal regret I couldn't go as my younger daughter was ill that day. Maybe another year.Yeah I know, it's called "la Quintana", if I remember right it's the first sunday of August. This party really kicks a$$ !! They have stuntmen/knights fighting in a tournament for the colors of each neighborhood. Then at night they have a fair and wonderful fireworks...I missed those days so much (plus the food is AWESOME)Maybe we could convince Paul to organize a risk seminar over there one day ;-)Peace everybody,Hiboumalin

endriux
Topic Author

January 23rd, 2003, 5:10 pm

OK, friends....First Sunday of August: 1st Official Annual Meeting of Wilmott's boys in Ascoli Piceno....Paul was persuaded by the prospects of food!endriux

aemmedar

April 27th, 2003, 10:43 pm

endriux, volevo segnalarti che gironzolo spessissimo in wilmott.com, sono italiana, leggo studio e penso tutto il giorno in inglese, ma quando parlo non c'è niente da fare, mi sento sempre fuori luogo, penso sempre che tutti dicano "ihhhh, guarda questa come si esprime"... ; per questo in wilmott leggo (o tento di leggere) molto, ma scrivo praticamente nulla...sono di roma, insegno economia mercati finanziari in università, a proposito dell'inglese sto iniziando a fare ricerca in inglese, ma ogni volta è un parto.... sono straappassionata del mio lavoro... non sono della Juve... (oggi è a +8...)tu che fai? la finanza è il tuo lavoro o la tua passione? (o ambedue?) CIAO, annamaria
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On