Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ppauper
Topic Author

Re: bill clinton, first husband ?

September 14th, 2016, 10:30 am

a visibly ill Hillary just insulted  a quarter of America
Hillary: A Quarter Of America Is ‘Irredeemable,’ ‘Not America’
"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables,” Clinton said, according to CNN. “Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it.”
Numerous polls have put Trump’s support numbers at around 45 percent. Half that is 22.5 percent–the exact slice of America with which Clinton seems to have a serious problem.
“And unfortunately, there are people like that and he has lifted them up,” Clinton added. “He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric.”
Hillary's hateful comment shows how out of touch she is with main street America,
and Governor Mike Pence had the perfect riposte to Hillary's abuse of the American people
Running mate Mike Pence, in remarks at the Values Voter conference in Washington, shot back: "The truth of the matter is that the men and women who support Donald Trump's campaign are hard-working Americans, farmers, coal miners, teachers, veterans, members of our law enforcement community, members of every class of this country who know that we can make America great again."
Meanwhile, Hillary stood by her hateful characterization of the hard-working men and women of America, but walked back the number
Less than 24 hours after she made the comments at a private New York City fundraiser, Clinton said in a statement, "last night I was 'grossly generalistic' and that's never a good idea. I regret saying 'half' — that was wrong."
Clinton says 'Deplorables' comment is 'grossly generalistic'
Hillary's disdain for the 2nd Amendment is well known, and it seems her campaign has a similar view of the 1st Amendment
According to Tim Kaine,
“Hillary spoke in a very blunt way and called those views out. And the views need to be called out. They can’t just be tolerated. They need to be called out.”
An Orwellian future awaits us if Hillary wins
From wiki,
In The Friends of Voltaire, Hall wrote the phrase: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" (which is often misattributed to Voltaire himself) as an illustration of Voltaire's beliefs. Hall's quotation is often cited to describe the principle of freedom of speech.
A Hillary fundraising email last month expressed the view that ‘Alt-Right’ websites like Breitbart had “no right to exist,” suggesting that they could be shut down if Hillary wins

ppauper
Topic Author

September 14th, 2016, 11:21 am

Hillary is winning the black vote, but by much less than usual for the Democrats
She is currently polling at 73% of the black vote, which is the lowest for the Democratic nominee since 1960 (i.e. since before the civil rights era)
The previous lowest since 1960 was Jimmy Carter with 83% in 1980 against Reagan

bearish

September 14th, 2016, 3:14 pm

Wishful thinking... Also, not exactly today's news.
yes it was, see the date at the top left
OK, fine -- I guess it is "today's news" if it is in today's newspaper substitute -- but the actual program the story refers to took place on Sunday.

ppauper
Topic Author

September 15th, 2016, 11:17 am

ppauper
Topic Author

September 16th, 2016, 11:07 am

ppauper
Topic Author

September 16th, 2016, 9:22 pm

ppauper
Topic Author

September 17th, 2016, 6:44 am

ppauper
Topic Author

September 20th, 2016, 7:53 am

Analysts cite Clinton's illness in new plunge by Mexico peso

lol, I guess the market didn't buy the pneumonia/flu story

ppauper
Topic Author

September 20th, 2016, 3:14 pm

off Drudge
Hillary's Bush
not for the first time, Dan Quayle is the adult from that administration
One Bush official who has taken Trump's side is former Vice President Dan Quayle, who told POLITICO in an interview this summer he was still holding out hope both Bushes would back Trump. "Clearly in their heart of hearts I should hope they would want a Republican president, but they can speak for themselves," Quayle said in an interview in July.
There's a great line in Quayle's autobiography (from memory, so may not be exact) about how he was getting off a plane during the dark days of Bush I, and the pilot came up to him and said, "thank you for being a light in a time of darkness, thank you for standing firm," hence the title of his book

ppauper
Topic Author

September 24th, 2016, 9:52 am

meanwhile back to the emails
it seems that Obama has been caught in a lie
Obama used a pseudonym in emails with Clinton, FBI documents reveal
but he told the media that he learned about the private email account from the media
Obama weighs in on Hillary Clinton's private emails
CBS News senior White House correspondent Bill Plante asked Mr. Obama when he learned about her private email system after his Saturday appearance in Selma, Alabama.
"The same time everybody else learned it through news reports," the president told Plante.

ppauper
Topic Author

September 24th, 2016, 10:34 am

gary Johnson
he's the Libertarian candidate, although his politics seem to be very different to Ron Paul, whom I consider to be the quintessential libertarian
I consider Johnson to be a moderate republican not a libertarian

ppauper
Topic Author

September 27th, 2016, 12:37 pm

from the 1st debate
CLINTON: Well, let's stop for a second and remember where we were eight years ago. We had the worst financial crisis, the Great Recession, the worst since the 1930s. That was in large part because of tax policies that slashed taxes on the wealthy, failed to invest in the middle class, took their eyes off of Wall Street, and created a perfect storm.
lol, from Time, 25 People to Blame for the Financial Crisis: Bill Clinton

ppauper
Topic Author

September 27th, 2016, 8:28 pm

ppauper
Topic Author

September 27th, 2016, 10:42 pm

I noticed another debate  lie by Hillary.  She seems to make up "facts" as she goes along
We're working with NATO, the longest military alliance in the history of the world, to really turn our attention to terrorism.
if you google "longest military alliance" you find
Anglo-Portuguese Alliance

list of military alliances

bearish

September 27th, 2016, 10:54 pm

I noticed another debate  lie by Hillary.  She seems to make up "facts" as she goes along  
We're working with NATO, the longest military alliance in the history of the world, to really turn our attention to terrorism.
if you google "longest military alliance" you find
Anglo-Portuguese Alliance

list of military alliances
I did notice that one in real time, and it was definitely made up on the spot.