Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

tags

Re: Olympics waste of money

July 22nd, 2021, 8:56 pm

Yes, I saw it on TV at the time, Even then I knew it was a big deal.

My old trainer Ruska took the train from Amsterdam to Tokyo to fight which Geesink did not like. They refused. 8 years later Ruska got revenge by winning 2 gold medals in Munich. Geesink was sneaky.

Okana won gold in 1964; best judoka ever.

2021 Henk Grol is Holland's hope .. he's 36..
These are interesting details. Thank you for sharing them.
France is sending their own sneaky judo boy Riner this year again. I read on the internet he had a knee injury a few months ago but he wanted to keep this secret. lol.
Riner has little technique. He's a hero in France?

Yes, he is very popular here. He's a bit like the French Federer as he appears in 1 over 2 TV commercials and gets anything he may think/say/do reported in mainstream media. He is sold as a giant with not human strength. I have never read/heard anything on his technique I have to say.

Cuchulainn

July 22nd, 2021, 9:02 pm

These are interesting details. Thank you for sharing them.
France is sending their own sneaky judo boy Riner this year again. I read on the internet he had a knee injury a few months ago but he wanted to keep this secret. lol.

Yes, he is very popular here. He's a bit like the French Federer as he appears in 1 over 2 TV commercials and gets anything he may think/say/do reported in mainstream media. He is sold as a giant with not human strength. I have never read/heard anything on his technique I have to say.
A few years ago I was giving a course in Puteaux. So I did some judo. In the dojo was a YUGE photo of Riner staring at you, amazing. The session was free but I had first to go to the doctor to see if I was up to it. It took minutes.. Euro 35 merci beaucoup.

Last year in Paris, allez allez, Check the TECHNIQUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGXRqsdQq9c

In a word: ne tire pass assez.

Grol beat Kageura in the final..

Cuchulainn

July 22nd, 2021, 9:21 pm

Athens Olympic Area 2021. Not even good enough for a Pink Floyd amphithreatre concert.

Cuchulainn

July 22nd, 2021, 9:33 pm

A few years ago I was giving a course in Puteaux. So I did some judo. In the dojo was a YUGE photo of Riner staring at you, amazing. The session was free but I had first to go to the doctor to see if I was up to it. It took minutes.. Euro 35 merci beaucoup.

one more thing .. that bent right arm @0.7 has no power, so just counter his uchimata with a counter. 101.

Cuchulainn

July 22nd, 2021, 9:41 pm

one more thing .. that bent right arm @0.7 has no power, so just counter his uchimata with a counter. 101.

It's really the counter @1.50
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsWmlb-dpuc

bearish

July 22nd, 2021, 11:38 pm

In retrospect, I should probably give beach handball a chance.