SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

December 17th, 2010, 9:06 am

from wikiQuoteUnder cross-examination at Nuremberg, Göring was read Halder's affidavit and denied he had any involvement in the fire, characterizing Halder's statement as "utter nonsense". Göring stated:I had no reason or motive for setting fire to the Reichstag. From the artistic point of view I did not at all regret that the assembly chamber was burned; I hoped to build a better one. But I did regret very much that I was forced to find a new meeting place for the Reichstag and, not being able to find one, I had to give up my Kroll Opera House ? for that purpose. The opera seemed to me much more important than the Reichstag.
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 62931
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

December 17th, 2010, 11:29 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperfrom wikiQuoteUnder cross-examination at Nuremberg, Göring was read Halder's affidavit and denied he had any involvement in the fire, characterizing Halder's statement as "utter nonsense". Göring stated:I had no reason or motive for setting fire to the Reichstag. From the artistic point of view I did not at all regret that the assembly chamber was burned; I hoped to build a better one. But I did regret very much that I was forced to find a new meeting place for the Reichstag and, not being able to find one, I had to give up my Kroll Opera House ? for that purpose. The opera seemed to me much more important than the Reichstag.Only hours after the fire Goering's police rounded up thousands of communists at ther homes. The fire was a godsend, it became a carte blanche to eliminate them. The rest is history.The mentally unstable van der Lubbe had a history of arson (e.g. spontaneous burning of property in Holland). It is irrefutable evidence that he was acting alone. All he had was a box of matches and some firelighters.source: Richard J. Evans "The Third Reich, I"
Last edited by Cuchulainn on December 16th, 2010, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

December 17th, 2010, 3:00 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThe mentally unstable van der Lubbe had a history of arson (e.g. spontaneous burning of property in Holland). It is irrefutable evidence that he was acting alone. All he had was a box of matches and some firelighters.Well, at least now you agree that he did it.From wiki:QuoteDispute about van der Lubbe's role in the Reichstag fireAccording to Ian Kershaw, writing in 1998, the consensus of nearly all historians is that Van der Lubbe did, in fact, set the Reichstag fire.Although Van der Lubbe was certainly an arsonist, and clearly played a role, there has been considerable popular and scientific debate over whether he acted alone. The case is still actively discussed.
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 62931
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

December 17th, 2010, 3:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThe mentally unstable van der Lubbe had a history of arson (e.g. spontaneous burning of property in Holland). It is irrefutable evidence that he was acting alone. All he had was a box of matches and some firelighters.Well, at least now you agree that he did it.From wiki:QuoteDispute about van der Lubbe's role in the Reichstag fireAccording to Ian Kershaw, writing in 1998, the consensus of nearly all historians is that Van der Lubbe did, in fact, set the Reichstag fire.Although Van der Lubbe was certainly an arsonist, and clearly played a role, there has been considerable popular and scientific debate over whether he acted alone. The case is still actively discussed.The evidence suggests it, but you never know with history. No Wikileaks in 1933.According to Evans (foremost expert on these matters), the standpoint of Tobias (Der Reichstagsbrand) and Mommsen (Der Reichstagsbrand und seine politisch Folgen, VfZ, 12 (1964), pp. 351-413) that he operated alone has not been shaken.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on December 16th, 2010, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

March 3rd, 2011, 8:56 am

Gunman Shouting 'Allahu Akbar' Kills 2 US Airmen in Germany
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

April 20th, 2011, 7:45 am

German circus families in shootout over tent space
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

May 19th, 2011, 3:26 pm

German insurer Munich Re held orgy for salesmen
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

May 23rd, 2011, 10:32 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperGerman insurer Munich Re held orgy for salesmenInsurance firm Munich Re's Ergo divison rewarded workers with prostitutes at a Budapest spa
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

May 30th, 2011, 3:20 pm

killer cukes
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

June 8th, 2011, 12:55 am

What do you call a funny German?
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 62931
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

June 9th, 2011, 7:04 am

You're not doing bad yourself in that league table
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 8th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

June 9th, 2011, 4:41 pm

Canada is right after Holland
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 62931
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

June 9th, 2011, 5:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperCanada is right after Hollandhmmm Wonder if outrun would agree?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 8th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

June 11th, 2011, 1:46 pm

naked hikers
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 62931
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Can Quants in Germany calculate interest on this deposit?

June 16th, 2011, 6:12 am

Weather report
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 15th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...


GZIP: On