SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

CactusMan

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 21st, 2007, 6:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: dibbleThe fact that he would equate gays and lesbians and unwed mothers with diseases, pretty much says it all.Same can be said for his lemmingsOh yes, that's right.
Last edited by CactusMan on May 20th, 2007, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 21st, 2007, 7:50 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CactusMan"...might build a bridge to gay and lesbian people just as we have built a bridge to drug addicts, alcoholics and unwed mothers."And just what has Falwell done for addicts, alcoholics and unwed mothers?Also, why would gay and lesbians need Falwell's bridge? Visit the typical gan/lesbian community and you will find:--More educated--Higher salary (and therefore paying more taxes)--By far less crime--More culturethan Falwell's followers. So what would they need their "bridge" for?To save their souls from eternal damnation ?

CactusMan

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 21st, 2007, 8:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeTo save their souls from eternal damnation ? Save HA!!! These people aren't saving anybody from anything. Where is this big saving going on? All they do is talk.These folks couldn't save S&H greenstamps if you gave them a truck load and agreed to do the licking!
Last edited by CactusMan on May 20th, 2007, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 21st, 2007, 9:27 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CactusManQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeTo save their souls from eternal damnation ? Save HA!!! These people aren't saving anybody from anything. Where is this big saving going on? All they do is talk.These folks couldn't save S&H greenstamps if you gave them a truck load and agreed to do the licking!Ok. Suit yourself. But don't say I didn't warn you.

ppauper
Topic Author

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 1:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: CactusMan"...might build a bridge to gay and lesbian people just as we have built a bridge to drug addicts, alcoholics and unwed mothers."And just what has Falwell done for addicts, alcoholics and unwed mothers?Also, why would gay and lesbians need Falwell's bridge? Visit the typical gan/lesbian community and you will find:--More educated--Higher salary (and therefore paying more taxes)--By far less crime--More culturethan Falwell's followers. So what would they need their "bridge" for?To save their souls from eternal damnation ?well said, TJ.I'd add for TJ's benefit (I'm sure he knows already, but in case he doesn't) that Falwell's Moral Majority welcomed catholics

Cuchulainn

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 1:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: CactusMan"...might build a bridge to gay and lesbian people just as we have built a bridge to drug addicts, alcoholics and unwed mothers."And just what has Falwell done for addicts, alcoholics and unwed mothers?Also, why would gay and lesbians need Falwell's bridge? Visit the typical gan/lesbian community and you will find:--More educated--Higher salary (and therefore paying more taxes)--By far less crime--More culturethan Falwell's followers. So what would they need their "bridge" for?To save their souls from eternal damnation ?well said, TJ.I'd add for TJ's benefit (I'm sure he knows already, but in case he doesn't) that Falwell's Moral Majority welcomed catholicsWould you want to be a member of a club that has TJ as member?BTW Falwell sounds quite magnanimous and liberal (the latter word in the Edmund Burke sense in contrast to its interpretation by Joseph de Maistre).
Last edited by Cuchulainn on May 21st, 2007, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Every Time We Teach a Child Something, We Keep Him from Inventing It Himself
Jean Piaget

dibble

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 2:05 pm

-- Falwell's Moral Majority welcomed catholics So did the KKK when their numbers were flagging.

dibble

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 2:13 pm

-- Would you want to an member of a club that has TJ as member?This is probably the best argument against organized religion. What are the chances the tj is right multiplied by chances that pauper, farmer and Ham are right.btw: What do these four have in common besides intolerance, that says more about them than it says about their religion?

ppauper
Topic Author

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 2:17 pm

on the other hand, the chances that dibble is wrong are very high

dibble

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 2:41 pm

au contraireI do not profess to know, I just claim that your beliefs are not based on the evidence and seem to be laced with a fair amount of intolerance.
Last edited by dibble on May 21st, 2007, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 4:38 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: dibbleau contraireI do not profess to know, I just claim that your beliefs are not based on the evidence and seem to be laced with a fair amount of intolerance.And yours dibble ? You seem extremely tolerant except when it comes to things you don't agree with. Then you get hysterical. Typical liberal.
Last edited by TraderJoe on May 21st, 2007, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 4:39 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: CactusMan"...might build a bridge to gay and lesbian people just as we have built a bridge to drug addicts, alcoholics and unwed mothers."And just what has Falwell done for addicts, alcoholics and unwed mothers?Also, why would gay and lesbians need Falwell's bridge? Visit the typical gan/lesbian community and you will find:--More educated--Higher salary (and therefore paying more taxes)--By far less crime--More culturethan Falwell's followers. So what would they need their "bridge" for?To save their souls from eternal damnation ?well said, TJ.I'd add for TJ's benefit (I'm sure he knows already, but in case he doesn't) that Falwell's Moral Majority welcomed catholicsWould you want to be a member of a club that has TJ as member?Why you old rascal you.

dibble

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 5:53 pm

Yes it is a fault of mine, I have no tolerance for intolerance

zeta

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 6:00 pm

Quote -- Falwell's Moral Majority welcomed catholicsSo did the KKK when their numbers were flagging Krusty Komedy Klassic

Cuchulainn

Jerry Falwell, RIP

May 22nd, 2007, 6:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: dibbleYes it is a fault of mine, I have no tolerance for intoleranceI hate bigots myself.TJ,just remember these immortal words from Bananarama
Last edited by Cuchulainn on May 21st, 2007, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Every Time We Teach a Child Something, We Keep Him from Inventing It Himself
Jean Piaget
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On