SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

Finnegans Wake, by James Joyce

November 6th, 2009, 9:51 pm

Here is the concordex. So, type in a word -any word- and James will give his view (e.g. sine, coosine)BTW 'traderjoe' noconcordex
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 5th, 2009, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

November 6th, 2009, 11:36 pm

"Kingdom" returned five choices; this was my favoriteand Bruda Pszths and Brat Slavos. One temp when he foiled to be killed, the freak wanted to put his bilingual head intentionally through the Ikish Tames and go and join the clericy as a demonican skyterrier. Throwing dust in the eyes of the Hooley Fermers! He used to be avowdeed as he ought to be vitandist. For onced I squeaked by twyst I'll squelch him. Then he went to Cecilia's treat on his solo to pick up Galen. Asbestopoulos ! Inkupot ! He has encaust in the blood. Shim ! I have the outmost contempt for. Prost bitten! Conshy! Tiberia is waiting on you, arestocrank! Chaka a seagull ticket at Gattabuia and Gabbiano's! Go o'er the sea, haythen, from me and leave your libber to TCD. Your puddin is cooked! You're served, cram ye! Fatefully yaourth . . . Ex. Ex. Ex. Ex. -- But for what, thrice truthful teller, Shaun of grace? weakly we went on to ask now of the gracious one. Vouchsafe to say. You will now, goodness, won't you? Why? -- For his root language, if you ask me whys, Shaun replied, as he blessed himself devotionally like a crawsbomb, making act of oblivion, footinmouther! (what the thickuns else?) which he picksticked into his lettruce invrention. Ullhodturdenweirmudgaardgringnirurdrmolnirfenrirlukkilokkibaugimandodrrerinsurtkrinmgernrackinarockar! Thor's for yo! -- The hundredlettered name again, last word of perfect language. But you could come near it, we do suppose, strong Shaun 0', we foresupposed. How? -- Peax! Peax! Shaun replied in vealar penultimatum. 'Tis pebils before Sweeney's as he swigged a slug of Jon Jacobsen from his treestem sucker cane. Mildbut likesome! I might as well be talking to the four waves till tibbes grey eves and the rests asleep. Frost! Nope! No one in his seven senses could as I have before said, only you missed my drift, for it's being incendiary. Every dimmed letter in it is a copy and not a few of the silbils and wholly words I can show you in my Kingdom of Heaven. The lowquacity of him ! With his threestar monothong! Thaw! The last word in stolentelling! And what's more rightdown lowbrown schisthematic robblemint ! Yes. As he was rising

trackstar

November 6th, 2009, 11:41 pm

One more; the phrase on my mind was "My kingdom for a horse."In return, I received some hens, hounds, and bunnies too. "had, like the pervious oelkenner done, liquorally no more powers to their elbow. Ignorinsers' bliss, therefore, their not to say rifle butt target, none too wisefolly, poor fish, (he is eating, he is spun, is milked, he dives) upholding a lampthorne of lawstift as wand of welcome to all men in bonafay, (and the corollas he so has saved gainsts the virus he has thus injected !) discoastedself to that kipsie point of its Dublin bar there, breaking and entering, from the outback's dead heart, Glasthule Bourne or Boehernapark Nolagh, by wattsismade or bianconi, astraylians in island, a wellknown tall hat blown in between houses by a nightcap of that silk or it might be a black velvet and a kiber galler dragging his hunker, were signalling gael warnings towards Wazwollenzee Haven to give them their beerings, east circular route or elegant central highway. Open, 'tis luck will have it! Lifeboat Alloe, Noeman's Woe, Hircups Emptybolly! With winkles whelks and cocklesent jelks. Let be buttercup eve lit by night in the Phoenix! Music. And old lotts have funn at Flammagen's ball. Till Irinwakes from Slumber Deep. How they succeeded by courting daylight in saving darkness he who loves will see. Business. His bestness. Copeman helpen. Contrescene. He cupped his years to catch me's to you in what's yours as minest to hissent, giel as gail, geil as gaul, Odorozone, now ourmenial servent, blanding rum, milk and toddy with I hand it to you. Saying whiches, see his bow on the hapence, with a pattedyr but digit here, he scooped the hens, hounds and horses biddy by bunny, with an arc of his covethand, saved from the drohnings they might oncounter, untill his cubid long, to hide in dry. Aside. Your sows tin the topple, dodgers, trink me dregs! Zoot! And with the gust of a spring alice the fossickers and swaggelers with him on the hoof from down under piked forth desert roses in that mulligar scrub. Reenter Ashe Junior. Peiwei toptip, nankeen pontdelounges. Gives fair day. Cheroot. Cheevio! Off."

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

March 27th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Quote-- Three quarks for Muster Mark! Sure he hasn't got much of a bark And sure any he has it's all beside the mark. But O, Wreneagle Almighty, wouldn't un be a sky of a lark To see that old buzzard whooping about for uns shirt in the dark And he hunting round for uns speckled trousers around by Palmerstown Park? Hohohoho, moulty Mark! You're the rummest old rooster ever flopped out of a Noah's ark And you think you're cock of the wark. Fowls, up! Tristy's the spry young spark That'll tread her and wed her and bed her and red her Without ever winking the tail of a feather And that's how that chap's going to make his money and mark! Overhoved, shrillgleescreaming. That song sang seaswans. The winging ones. Seahawk, seagull, curlew and plover, kestrel and capercallzie. All the birds of the sea they trolled out rightbold when they smacked the big kuss of Trustan with Usolde. And there they were too, when it was dark, whilest the wildcaps was circling, as slow their ship, the winds aslight, upborne the fates, the wardorse moved, by courtesy of Mr Deaubaleau Downbellow Kaempersally, listening in, as hard as they could, in Dubbeldorp, the donker, by the tourneyold of the wattarfalls, with their vuoxens and they kemin in so hattajocky (only a
Last edited by Cuchulainn on March 26th, 2010, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

March 28th, 2010, 9:20 pm

Seems JJ knows more about physics that he lets on. Where the root rooster cause in the vicus cycle of hen paper and scribbly eggs?QuoteFinnius the old One, as highly charged with electrons as hophazards can effective it, may be there for you, Cockalooralooraloomenos, when cup, platter and pot come piping hot, as sure as herself pits hen to paper and there's scribings scrawled on eggs. Of cause, so! And in effect, as? Methinks JJ can solve the worlds energy-whiz problems with this:QuoteThe Kettle-Griffith-Moynihan Scheme for a New Electricity Supply, Travelling in the Olden Times

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

September 19th, 2010, 6:47 am

John Henry Newman QuoteThroughout his life Newman distinguished himself as a writer of incomparable expressive power; James Joyce said he was the greatest writer of English prose. Newman House, Dublin
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 18th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

May 9th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Stephen Hawking on Finnegans Wake

trackstar

May 9th, 2011, 1:47 pm

And after that she wove a garland for her hair. She pleated it. She plaited it. Of meadowgrass and riverflags, the bulrush and waterweed, and of fallen griefs of weeping willow. Then she made her bracelets and her anklets and her armlets and a jetty amulet for necklace of clicking cobbles and pattering pebbles and rumbledown rubble, richmond and rehr, of Irish rhunerhinerstones and shellmarble bangles. **Soon we shall have a riverflag tale. She is pleating and plaiting it this very morning!

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

May 9th, 2011, 2:35 pm

song from 1904
Last edited by Cuchulainn on May 8th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

June 16th, 2011, 4:22 am

Bloomsday Take a bow, Leopold.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 15th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

July 17th, 2011, 10:47 am

something special is going to happen today hesaid shesaid hesaidoh what is that? do tell pretty shell sound of a bellwe are so confoundedly curiouswecanhardlywaittell us now tell us now!Wait and see, children.All in good time, all in good time.- trackstar
Last edited by trackstar on July 16th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

July 18th, 2011, 5:40 pm

QuoteINELUCTABLE MODALITY OF THE VISIBLE: AT LEAST THAT IF NO MORE, thought through my eyes. Signatures of all things I am here to read, seaspawn and seawrack, the nearing tide, that rusty boot. Snotgreen, bluesilver, rust: coloured signs. Limits of the diaphane. But he adds: in bodies. Then he was aware of them bodies before of them coloured. How? By knocking his sconce against them, sure. Go easy. Bald he was and a millionaire, maestro di color che sanno. Limit of the diaphane in. Why in? Diaphane, adiaphane. If you can put your five fingers through it, it is a gate, if not a door. Shut your eyes and see.

trackstar

July 18th, 2011, 5:41 pm

HOORAY!!!This is a very special post.QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteINELUCTABLE MODALITY OF THE VISIBLE: AT LEAST THAT IF NO MORE, thought through my eyes. Signatures of all things I am here to read, seaspawn and seawrack, the nearing tide, that rusty boot. Snotgreen, bluesilver, rust: coloured signs. Limits of the diaphane. But he adds: in bodies. Then he was aware of them bodies before of them coloured. How? By knocking his sconce against them, sure. Go easy. Bald he was and a millionaire, maestro di color che sanno. Limit of the diaphane in. Why in? Diaphane, adiaphane. If you can put your five fingers through it, it is a gate, if not a door. Shut your eyes and see.CuchulainnSenior MemberPosts: 20000Joined: Jul 2004 Incredible!
Last edited by trackstar on July 17th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

July 18th, 2011, 6:45 pm

A toast to Cuchulainn's Wake!

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

July 18th, 2011, 6:50 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaA toast to Cuchulainn's Wake! It's going to be a long night A short history of C
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 17th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On