Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Re: God Hates Ireland ? Land of the Sodomite Damned

October 4th, 2022, 2:06 pm

BTW, did your neighhbour know a regular called Buttercrust?
Leftist, Alt Right, Marxist, Nihilist, Neo Celtic Reconstructionists, and splitters, all opinions appreciated. (Obviously that doesn't include Liberal Democrats.)

CarterMcCoy

October 5th, 2022, 12:29 pm

On a side note:  there's a view among Dubs & Culchies that Mulligan's pulls the best Guinness.  Others believe it's Kehoes.  I'm fairly agnostic, both are good and definitely better than the Guinness Storehouse! haha
yes Mulligans and Kehoes.
The Long Hall is also very good.
You recommended The Long Hall a while ago on your own thread.  Went there on a date in January, right before I caught the 'rona.

CarterMcCoy

October 5th, 2022, 12:30 pm

Also interesting,
Coincidentally, I have a copy signed by the author, and the pint-pulling owner Ger Cusack and two of the oldest surviving permanent inhabitants (*) of the establishment. Probably a collector's item in a few years time.
One of Julie Garland's haunts .. she used to play poker in the back room after her shows,

(*) There's a Texan buried in the bar's clock.
Interesting!  My neighbor is a barman at Mulligan's! He's set to retire, but apparently has been pulling pints in Dubs since 1973.   There's a distinct possibility, that he's given you a pint or two as he's moved between a number of pubs. 
Is his name Noel?
Nope, he goes by Christy.

Cuchulainn

October 22nd, 2022, 7:24 pm

The 2022 Women’s European Boxing Championships are held in the BudvaMontenegro from 14 to 22 October 2022.
Attachments
boxing.jpg
Leftist, Alt Right, Marxist, Nihilist, Neo Celtic Reconstructionists, and splitters, all opinions appreciated. (Obviously that doesn't include Liberal Democrats.)

Cuchulainn

February 10th, 2023, 11:46 pm

QuoteWe are not ignorant of Satan’s devices (2 Cor. 2:11).  “Then said they, Come, and let us devise devices – (contrivances, plots) – against Jeremiah.”  Jer. 18:18.  It begins to look like the fags and fag-enablers of the Literary & Historical Society of the University College Dublin have devised devices against me – phrased another way – they have contrived a plot – or conspiracy – to lure me to Dublin, Ireland, to speak at their 153rd Session on the subject of “Gay Adoption” – and then to arrest me for the crime of violating their law entitled, The Prohibition of Incitement to Hatred Act. (See WBC's response to their invitation). That Act is a draconian, antichristic cup of Satan’s slimy vomit straight from the maw of Hell.  They know exactly what I will say on the subject of Gay Adoption.  And they know that what I will say from the Bible about sodomites will land me in an Irish jail for two and maybe 10 years.   “For they speak not peace; but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.”  Psa. 35:20. It looks like they’ve taken counsel together against me and against the Lord, saying, Let us break their bands – (Bible doctrines about sodomites going to Hell) – asunder, and cast away their cords – (Bible doctrines about Sin, Predestination, and Reprobation) – from us.  Psa. 2:2,3.Excellent stuffhttp://www.godhatesireland.com/
Tide has turned.

Cuchulainn

February 10th, 2023, 11:52 pm

wb

Cuchulainn

May 23rd, 2023, 3:23 pm

Ireland to introduce world-first alcohol health labelling policy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ing-policy

The European Commission did not object to Ireland’s plan, which the government flagged last year, despite protests from Italy, Spain and six other EU member states.
Netherlands, Slovakia, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Romania and Spain (which include some of Europe’s biggest beer and wine producers)

tagoma

May 23rd, 2023, 5:18 pm

The European Commission did not object to Ireland’s plan, which the government flagged last year, despite protests from Italy, Spain and six other EU member states.
Netherlands, Slovakia, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Romania and Spain (which include some of Europe’s biggest beer and wine producers)

"I take delight in the juice of the barley and courting pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early"  anyways?

Cuchulainn

May 23rd, 2023, 8:34 pm

"I take delight in the juice of the barley and courting pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early"  anyways?
"Boys are back in town, get yer .... down" 
- Phillo

Cuchulainn

May 23rd, 2023, 8:44 pm

Thin as Lizzy
(I remember the lead singer as a wee fella when my mum used to give him accordeon lessons)