SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

Re: which royal was being blackmailed ?

November 28th, 2017, 1:15 pm

My kids are also mixed race: Dutch,German and Irish.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain

Paul

November 28th, 2017, 1:16 pm

White, whiter and whitest?

trackstar

November 28th, 2017, 1:30 pm

For a moderate fee you can have your DNA analyzed these days.  Nationality and appearance aside, unless you are from an isolated place like Iceland and know your family history back over 1,000 years, you might be surprised.

(And even if you do know the history back to your great, great, great...n-great grandparents, what about before that?!)

An interesting note: I had a session with a  professional makeup artist not long ago, just to see what would happen if I went more extreme than I usually do with makeup.

By chance, one of the young ladies in attendance was from Iran.  As they applied eyeliner, mascara, highlighting, and various other artistic effects, a Persian side of me started to come out very strongly.  She and I both noticed and we talked about it.  

Of course I would need to see DNA test results to know for sure.  But I may be more exotic than a spicy North-South European mix.  

And before Persia...Genghis Khan.  :D
I do not seek; I find.
- Pablo Picasso

Cuchulainn

November 28th, 2017, 2:17 pm

Paul wrote:
White, whiter and whitest?

All white, but some are whiter than others. One of them abhors the sun.

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain

ppauper
Topic Author

December 1st, 2017, 5:17 pm

Anglican Minister Urges Prayers for Prince George to Be Gay

Mr. Holdsworth, the provost of St. Mary’s Cathedral in Glasgow, belongs to the Scottish Episcopal Church, a separate province of the Anglican Communion that voted in June to let its priests solemnize same-sex marriages.

We've come across Mr Holdsworth before. I believe the last time was with regard to an epiphany service. Readings about the magi (the 3 wise men to you and I) followed by a muslim reading a passage that said Allah has no son. Allah may have no son, but God does.
Mr. Holdsworth caused a frisson among some of the faithful in January when he permitted a reading from the Quran during a service that included a rebuttal of the Christian belief that Jesus was the son of God.

from elsewhere in that article,
Prince Harry and Ms. Markle have said they will marry in May at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle, west of London. But it is only since 2002 that the Church of England has permitted church marriages for divorced people, “in exceptional circumstances” at the discretion of parish priests. The church teaching is that marriage is for life.

??
I always thought that King Henry VIII started the Church of England so that he could get divorced and remarried. "Divorced, beheaded, died. Divorced, beheaded, survived."

Cuchulainn

December 1st, 2017, 7:04 pm

the magi (the 3 wise men to you and I)

They were always the Magt to me. 

?? to you and to me -> to you and me

Mark Twain

ppauper
Topic Author

December 6th, 2017, 9:39 pm

mr holdsworth has issued a passive aggressive non-apology
This week, this old post has received much media attention, many people presuming that it was a new post and part of a commentary about the Royal Family rather than the church. The post was entirely about the church and its policies around LGBT inclusion.
I could spend the next few weeks defending that post and keep reminding people what it was originally about. However, it seems to me that isn’t likely to be fruitful. The ironic comment that I made quite a while ago could be seen as hurtful to members of the Royal Family, a group of people whom I actually rather admire.
I’m sorry that something that I wrote has been interpreted in the way that it has. It was not my intention to cause hurt and I regret that this has led to the current focus on Prince George.

"I’m sorry that something that I wrote has been interpreted in the way that it has" is not an apology.

Mr Holdsworth is being disingenuous when he writes, "This week, this old post has received much media attention, many people presuming that it was a new post and part of a commentary about the Royal Family rather than the church." It may have been an old post but he REPOSTED it. You didn't mention that, did you, Mr Holdsworth, and I doubt if it was just happenstance that the repost coincided with the announcement of Prince Hal's wedding.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...