Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

gnunk
Topic Author

Scuba Diving

March 6th, 2003, 7:04 am

Anybody here into scuba diving? Maybe we can organize a scuba diving trip this year somewhere. BTW, does anybody know a good scuba diving forum?

FDAXHunter

Scuba Diving

March 6th, 2003, 7:08 am

I scuba dive regularly to attach magnetic mines to US Ships or to infiltrate an impregnable fortress from the sea.Regards.

DominicConnor

Scuba Diving

March 6th, 2003, 8:57 am

I scuba dive regularly to attach magnetic mines to US Ships or to infiltrate an impregnable fortress from the sea.Small world, my job is to remove them.Is there an arbitrage opportunity here ?

FDAXHunter

Scuba Diving

March 6th, 2003, 9:13 am

DCFC,So you're the one, eh? Meddler of Mines and Extractor of Explosives. Curses!

aquaG

Scuba Diving

March 6th, 2003, 1:57 pm

I would be interested in hearing how the diving is in and around the UK. I am sure that most of the divers out there restrict there submersion diversions to more amenable climates (e.g. Red Sea - gorgeous!!) but you do get the die-hards who love being under, even if the viz is one foot and the temp hovering about 5 degrees celsius. What are the options for the New York afficianados, any diving in the Hudson ?One advantage to my present location (South Africa) is that there is some truly wonderful diving on my doorstep. Not quite comparable to the Red Sea, but we do have a lot of shark, whale-sharks, manta-rays, dolphins and unspoilt reefIf you ever get a chance to come to this side of the world - make sure to make a turn at Sodwana Bay and Ponta'd'Oura in Mozambique to experience some breathtaking diving

gnunk
Topic Author

Scuba Diving

March 7th, 2003, 1:30 am

aquaG,i'm currently based in malaysia and there is a myriad of diving sites available here. You get to see a lot of turtles, barracudas, rays, garoupas, snappers, lionfish and other little fishies here. i haven't really seen any really huge fishes yet like sharks. maybe if you go further into the south china sea you may see more 'exotic' fish.if any of you guys are interested in coming here for a dive trip, i would love to be your host. any other divers out there?

DominicConnor

Scuba Diving

March 7th, 2003, 8:29 am

For colder climes there are dry suits which have been used successfully under polar ice. The drag in Britain isn't so much the cold, but the clarity of the water.

dc

Scuba Diving

March 7th, 2003, 3:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gnunkAnybody here into scuba diving? Maybe we can organize a scuba diving trip this year somewhere. BTW, does anybody know a good scuba diving forum?My cousin Jamie Connor (no relation to Dominic!) runs Diveguide.com one of the largest scuba diving sites on the web. The site hosts a forum as well as links to many dive operators worldwide. DC

PinballWizard

Scuba Diving

March 11th, 2003, 4:20 pm

I used to dive around Portsmouth... nothink like diving in the muck and warming up at the pub afterwards.

gnunk
Topic Author

Scuba Diving

March 12th, 2003, 12:10 am

boy. hearing diving stories in the UK make me so grateful for where i am currently based

Nonius

Scuba Diving

March 12th, 2003, 12:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gnunkAnybody here into scuba diving? Maybe we can organize a scuba diving trip this year somewhere. BTW, does anybody know a good scuba diving forum?Only been once....any surfers out there? I'd like to organise a surfing trip to Costa Rica.

dc

Scuba Diving

March 12th, 2003, 12:07 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gnunkboy. hearing diving stories in the UK make me so grateful for where i am currently basedOK. I'll ask. Where are you based, gnuck?

gnunk
Topic Author

Scuba Diving

March 14th, 2003, 12:00 am

I'm currently based in Malaysia

katastrofa

Re: Scuba Diving

April 7th, 2021, 10:15 pm