Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn

Sweden, land of toys

January 8th, 2016, 11:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: twQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangeldarth vader is a racist???Anyone who zaps planets with a death star can't have wholly sound views on equality in my opinion.Even worse, he pays no alimonyPadmé died in episode IIIParental negligence.Sure, but that's the only documented case.ah, I think you meant "child support" not "alimony"Not sure. Let's put it on PNL sheet.

ppauper

Sweden, land of toys

January 9th, 2016, 12:17 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: twQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangeldarth vader is a racist???Anyone who zaps planets with a death star can't have wholly sound views on equality in my opinion.Even worse, he pays no alimonyPadmé died in episode IIIParental negligence.Sure, but that's the only documented case.ah, I think you meant "child support" not "alimony"Not sure. Let's put it on PNL sheet.darth vader was (secretly) married to Princess Padmé, who died moments after giving birth to twins Luke Skywalker and Princess Leiahe wouldn't be paying alimony (spousal support) as Princess Padmé is dead. and not parental negligence: from wikiQuoteVader accuses Padmé of betrayal and uses the Force to choke her into unconsciousness.After Obi-Wan defeats Vader in a lightsaber duel, he brings Padmé to the secret asteroid base Polis Massa. Despite efforts of medical droids, Padmé dies after delivering twins, Luke and Leia, having lost the will to live

bearish

Sweden, land of toys

January 9th, 2016, 1:37 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperSwedish jockey Helena Stahl defends eating her horse after it was put downI respect that. Her reasoning is coherent and compelling and hard to attack from the perspective of an omnivore (like myself). And if you are a vegetarian, or for that matter vegan, it is also not clear to me that eating your favorite horse (once killed for seemingly good reason) is worse than eating the flesh of any other animal, especially given that the latter would presumably have been killed for the express purpose of being eaten.

Traden4Alpha

Sweden, land of toys

January 9th, 2016, 1:58 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: bearishQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperSwedish jockey Helena Stahl defends eating her horse after it was put downI respect that. Her reasoning is coherent and compelling and hard to attack from the perspective of an omnivore (like myself). And if you are a vegetarian, or for that matter vegan, it is also not clear to me that eating your favorite horse (once killed for seemingly good reason) is worse than eating the flesh of any other animal, especially given that the latter would presumably have been killed for the express purpose of being eaten.Exactly! It seems like a much better way to honor that horse than to feed it the worms, flames, or an abattoir. Any squeamishness that it's akin to cannibalism is entirely irrational because the taboos on cannibalism are linked to the much higher likelihood of disease transmission if one eats a dead member of one's own species.

ExSan

Sweden, land of toys

January 9th, 2016, 8:16 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: bearishQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperSwedish jockey Helena Stahl defends eating her horse after it was put downI respect that. Her reasoning is coherent and compelling and hard to attack from the perspective of an omnivore (like myself). And if you are a vegetarian, or for that matter vegan, it is also not clear to me that eating your favorite horse (once killed for seemingly good reason) is worse than eating the flesh of any other animal, especially given that the latter would presumably have been killed for the express purpose of being eaten.Exactly! It seems like a much better way to honor that horse than to feed it the worms, flames, or an abattoir. Any squeamishness that it's akin to cannibalism is entirely irrational because the taboos on cannibalism are linked to the much higher likelihood of disease transmission if one eats a dead member of one's own species.transitive law, if A is to B and B is to C then I shall eat ...
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

tw

Sweden, land of toys

January 9th, 2016, 9:05 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: bearishQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperSwedish jockey Helena Stahl defends eating her horse after it was put downI respect that. Her reasoning is coherent and compelling and hard to attack from the perspective of an omnivore (like myself). And if you are a vegetarian, or for that matter vegan, it is also not clear to me that eating your favorite horse (once killed for seemingly good reason) is worse than eating the flesh of any other animal, especially given that the latter would presumably have been killed for the express purpose of being eaten.Exactly! It seems like a much better way to honor that horse than to feed it the worms, flames, or an abattoir. Any squeamishness that it's akin to cannibalism is entirely irrational because the taboos on cannibalism are linked to the much higher likelihood of disease transmission if one eats a dead member of one's own species.transitive law, if A is to B and B is to C then I shall eat ...Should the law the symmetric as well as transitive?If someone has a carnivore as a pet (e.g. cat) and they die first should they put a clause in their will to offer their body to the pet to eat?

ppauper

Sweden, land of toys

January 9th, 2016, 9:39 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: twQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: bearishQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperSwedish jockey Helena Stahl defends eating her horse after it was put downI respect that. Her reasoning is coherent and compelling and hard to attack from the perspective of an omnivore (like myself). And if you are a vegetarian, or for that matter vegan, it is also not clear to me that eating your favorite horse (once killed for seemingly good reason) is worse than eating the flesh of any other animal, especially given that the latter would presumably have been killed for the express purpose of being eaten.Exactly! It seems like a much better way to honor that horse than to feed it the worms, flames, or an abattoir. Any squeamishness that it's akin to cannibalism is entirely irrational because the taboos on cannibalism are linked to the much higher likelihood of disease transmission if one eats a dead member of one's own species.transitive law, if A is to B and B is to C then I shall eat ...Should the law the symmetric as well as transitive?If someone has a carnivore as a pet (e.g. cat) and they die first should they put a clause in their will to offer their body to the pet to eat?it seems to be quite common for cats and dogs to eat their dead owners, and in some cases their drunk, passed-out, owners

daveangel

Sweden, land of toys

January 26th, 2016, 10:16 am

young asylum seeker stabs and kills refugee centre workerRIP
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

ppauper

Sweden, land of toys

January 26th, 2016, 2:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelyoung asylum seeker stabs and kills refugee centre workerRIPRIP

Cuchulainn

Sweden, land of toys

January 26th, 2016, 5:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: twQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: bearishQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperSwedish jockey Helena Stahl defends eating her horse after it was put downI respect that. Her reasoning is coherent and compelling and hard to attack from the perspective of an omnivore (like myself). And if you are a vegetarian, or for that matter vegan, it is also not clear to me that eating your favorite horse (once killed for seemingly good reason) is worse than eating the flesh of any other animal, especially given that the latter would presumably have been killed for the express purpose of being eaten.Exactly! It seems like a much better way to honor that horse than to feed it the worms, flames, or an abattoir. Any squeamishness that it's akin to cannibalism is entirely irrational because the taboos on cannibalism are linked to the much higher likelihood of disease transmission if one eats a dead member of one's own species.transitive law, if A is to B and B is to C then I shall eat ...Should the law the symmetric as well as transitive?If someone has a carnivore as a pet (e.g. cat) and they die first should they put a clause in their will to offer their body to the pet to eat?it seems to be quite common for cats and dogs to eat their dead owners, and in some cases their drunk, passed-out, ownersAnd sometimes the compliment is returned.

ppauper

Sweden, land of toys

February 27th, 2016, 10:00 am

Incest and necrophilia 'should be legal' according to youth branch of Swedish Liberal People's Party

trackstar

Sweden, land of toys

March 16th, 2016, 11:19 pm

Nice video from someone's small house party:The traditional Swedish way to eat surströmmingVery tastefully done. But you know when he takes the tin of surströmming away from the deck to open it...hehe - indeed there was some pressure built up inside.

tw

Sweden, land of toys

March 16th, 2016, 11:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: twQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: bearishQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperSwedish jockey Helena Stahl defends eating her horse after it was put downI respect that. Her reasoning is coherent and compelling and hard to attack from the perspective of an omnivore (like myself). And if you are a vegetarian, or for that matter vegan, it is also not clear to me that eating your favorite horse (once killed for seemingly good reason) is worse than eating the flesh of any other animal, especially given that the latter would presumably have been killed for the express purpose of being eaten.Exactly! It seems like a much better way to honor that horse than to feed it the worms, flames, or an abattoir. Any squeamishness that it's akin to cannibalism is entirely irrational because the taboos on cannibalism are linked to the much higher likelihood of disease transmission if one eats a dead member of one's own species.transitive law, if A is to B and B is to C then I shall eat ...Should the law the symmetric as well as transitive?If someone has a carnivore as a pet (e.g. cat) and they die first should they put a clause in their will to offer their body to the pet to eat?it seems to be quite common for cats and dogs to eat their dead owners, and in some cases their drunk, passed-out, ownersAnd sometimes the compliment is returned.Fantastic ! "Theatre of blood" is a solid gold classic . Superior to Dr Phibes imho .

bearish

Sweden, land of toys

March 17th, 2016, 12:25 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarNice video from someone's small house party:The traditional Swedish way to eat surströmmingVery tastefully done. But you know when he takes the tin of surströmming away from the deck to open it...hehe - indeed there was some pressure built up inside.This is a delicacy I have so far not been exposed to. Probably the closest I have come is the Norwegian "rakefisk", which is a fermented trout or arctic char that is traditionally eaten with a similar accoutrement of bread (flat or not), butter our sour cream, raw onion, boiled potato, black pepper, and perhaps other items that I forget.

tags

Sweden, land of toys

March 31st, 2016, 7:09 pm

Smells like Swedish spirit